We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Rum
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 9:44

Trademarked in Europe. Localisation announcement for E3? Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 12:15

2016 western release officially confirmed. About bloody time if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 12:55

Halleluiah! Here's hoping they fixed the second half of the game. How long's it been out in Japan now?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 14:10

Almost a month and a half I believe.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 20:34

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The first one appears to have tanked in the UK charts, landing somewhere between Actua Soccer 2 and Rugrats: Search for Reptar. Even if there's just one person working on this, I regard it to be a complete waste of time and resources. Nintendo should be encouraging the development and publishing sports games, racing games, shooting games - you know, stuff that people give a f**k about. And shame on Square Enix - they acquired an absolutely excellent variety of Eidos franchises (like Tomb Raider, Hitman and Legacy of Kain), but they're still festering this pish on us Nintendo gamers?

Deserve it's own thread? This game doesn't deserve it's own box.  

Needed to vent, and now I depart.

Japanese culture like anime/JRPG's it's a huge market for them and sells millions in there own country. They want to share this to the world as much as possible so people can experience what JRPG's all about by showing them that in there consoles. To be honest they don't do all of them showed here so I don't see what wrong? It's Nintendo fault you should to blame not doing 3rd world party not rpg's fault? Japanese people do have fantastic story telling and art work no doubt about that. Your icon is Sonic in it, your insulting Sonic because it is classified as anime too (Sonic X) so don't understand you at all there and Zelda as made it's way of manga marketing which is selling millions aswell.

Anyways to the point, it mite not be huge to you but there are a lot of RPG fans in USA and Germany than UK but it still makes it's way here because of PAL region so it's still classified allowed to have it's own case or download only here. I feel like your the one missing out because what better than adventure and a story to remember in a game? blood and guts? no thanks. The games have to make the market profit in Japan before to even reconsider being a game in USA and European.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2015 - 15:33

So, censorship has been rampant in Nintendo games as of late, namely Xenoblade X which has removed some maybe fair and some not so fair features. Now Bravely Second has fallen victim. Anyone else find it absolutely hilarious that they've changed the native american class in to a cowboy class? It's like something out of a really bad comedy that's so bad it's amazing, they literally couldn't have been more insulting with this change. Laughing

I have to wonder how they're going to explain the animal talking stuff with the change. Maybe play it off as enhanced horse whispering?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 10:59

It's not just BS on that one. There's been a big drive to use native American culture more sensitively in general, to the extent that multi-million-dollar (American) football teams are being pressured to change their names from "Redskins" and the like.

I'm pretty okay with this one. Admittedly the native American outfit looks better, but if people are actually going to be offended, I don't mind. (There's always an issue with Nintendo as to whether people will be offended or whether the company's just paranoid, of course...)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 11:12

Perhaps, however they surely could've done it better. The symbolism of changing the class to a cowboy is probably not the best choice they could've gone with.

It also kind of fries my belief the localization will be up to snuff, but the game's probably not exactly going to challenge one intellectually anyway so I can let it slide.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 5:17

Less than three weeks to go!! For some strange reason I woke up this morning and realize I'm actually moderately hyped for this game. I'm never hyped for anything, yet here I am!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 7:12

Got my pre-order in last week, and I agree with Athrun! Grin If it can just drag me away from the twin perils of SteamWorld Heist and Pokémon Picross, I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 7:15

Hooray! Working up in Staines means that I need a good 3DS game to tide me over, and I'm coming up to the end of M&LPJ (Zero, wean yourself off your Pokécrack and play more M&LPJ, it's good). This'll be coming out at just the right time for me! Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Feb 2016 - 21:30

A ten hour demo. on the 11th. A ten. Hour. Demo.

That seems ludicrously generous! That said, I've heard that WtFF's demo. was actually kind of bad, and potentially off-putting for those who were interested in the game. We'll see if this can do any better, but surely you'd have to be Cappa or Jas not to give this at least a try?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Feb 2016 - 22:15

Demos rarely satisfy me at the best of times and have actively put me off games in the past. That said, the demo will be mine at the appropriate time. Hoping for fun. Menu-driven fun. *shiver of anticipation*
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 9:29

NINE DAYS TO GO GET HYPED WOOOOO!!!!

Also if I may be so bold might I suggest a different tagline for the title now that micro-transactions aren't an issue?

As an aside I'm replaying the first to prep myself for this, and having a blast doing so! I retained my gear and jobs so I'm steamrolling things at the moment, but that won't last as I'm on hard mode this time and, well, the final boss was enough to give a fully geared and max level team a good run for their money, and hard mode amps all that up.

Speaking of Default, word of warning, a few of the classes from the first game are gone (Vampire, Sage, both for obvious reasons although I think there's a replacement for vampire) and a couple were nerfed pretty hard like my favourite Spell Fencer who loses the spell stage buffs apparently.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 13:37

Title duly changed - I hope it's right!  (Or that they're ignorable anyway.)

I'm reasonably hyped, especially reading this review.  The only criticism they seem to have is that Revo aren't doing the soundtrack ( Sad ), which means (I hope) no more second-half slogathon. Dance

I couldn't play the original again though, not for a bit anyway.  Not knowing what waits for me in chapters 5 'n' onwards. DAMN YOU!

XCX, M&LPJ, this, Stella Glow, FEF for those who aren't me...  There's never been a better time to be a Nintendo-and-RPG fan. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 17:00

I forgot YKW out of my list above - anyway, my copy has been dispatched! HYPE MACHINE ACTIVATE. Dance
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 17:20

Hmm... I have so much unplayed on my 3DS already, but I really want to give this a (Bravely) second chance. I loved the look and feel and sound of the original, but never quite got into it. Fingers crossed this one can satisfy a bit more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 23:20

The original is the perfect game of two halves. The first half, if impossibly taken in isolation, would be the best game on the 3DS by a mile. The second half bursts the bubble by being boring, sadly. I understand this is rectified in Second, which means the hype train has left the station. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016 - 7:19

I said at the time that the first half has better gameplay but weaker story, and vice versa in the second. Ultimately the second is still worse, the clever things they do with the story not being enough to make up for the tedious repetition; but I didn't think it was quite as cut-and-dried as everybody else seemed to.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016 - 7:23

Second half with its epic plot twist was worth it!  I mean, who hasn't wanted those

Bravely Default big plot twist spoiler:

Who hasn't wanted to do that at least once?  

Won't be getting this till march apparently, saturday releases suck when you shop online alas even if you've already paid.  Oh well, I'm completely absorbed with The Well Of Ascension anyway. Shipped! Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016 - 7:46

It sounds like Bayonetta's doing the intro voice-over.  Which is brilliant.

"If you want to know how to strike down this ruinous god, ask your mother!"
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016 - 13:35

Are the random battles still able to be switched off or on at will like bravely default?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 8:55

Game says no, Internet says yes. I suspect you unlock that ability. I didn't start off being able to auto-battle either.

I'm maybe an hour or so in, so: first impressions. I've just met Magnolia, and she's terrible thus far. Maybe it's too soon, but characters like Ringabel and even Agnes were more immediately appealing. Her character trait seem to be that she's French (apparently they speak French on the moon?), although her voice actress has an American accent.

Also, because she's not a slimy squid-woman and neither is Edea, I'm left sighing at designs again. Especially Edea's breast plate with a great big hole in the most stabbable area, right in front of the heart. Sigh.

Other than that, it's good stuff! The art's even more beautiful than last time, especially in 3D. There's some good writing for a JRPG - after the first fight beats you over the head with "tell don't show" anyway. There's a cute plot twist early on. I'm enjoying the enemy designs, especially the angry apple-man and the rabbit straight out of Monty Python. And the first asterisk-holder is good too.

Also, I've just unlocked this game's Norende. Here we go with the Streetpassing and the having the 3DS on at all times and that. Thumbs Up!

Final thing: the voice work is largely pretty good, but where did Edea get her lisp from?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 14:43

Sounds good, I'm still just tempt by it and not going to take the plunge but will be keeping a eye on this thread and see what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 9:06

Well right now, I think that the main party is a bit toss.

Don't get me wrong, the main party from BD wasn't exactly great, but at least they all had personalities - apart from Tiz, anyway. Has he changed at all from his previous outing, considering what happened to him? Not a jot.

Trouble is, there's now two of him, with Yew having the same Shonen hero "personality". I know his main trait is that he's meant to be a closed-off scholar, but he spends too much time being a headstrong hero for that to come through.

And with Magnolia living up to my previous assessment (her character consists of liking Yew and being French), that leaves Edea to inject any sort of personality into the mix. I never thought I'd say this, but - I miss Ringabel.

On the plus side, they've just reintroduced a side-character from a previous game, and given them a personality where none existed before, which is nice. And the bestiary text is good stuff - reading the extra information on the enemy soldiers, for example, did a top job of fleshing them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next