We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 23:28

Double post, but I thought it'd be worth sharing this big list of the anime shows releasing across the next season.

There's a LOT there but some standouts for me are:

Ace Attorney Season 2: It's covering T&T, so you know it's going to be a good 'un. I'm hoping the animation quality picks up though as it was rough to look at in season one.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 5: I'm still working through Part 3, but it's good to know there's more coming.

Golden Kamuy Season 2: I've not even started Season One, but I've heard really good things about this show.

Goblin Slayer: I've seen some chatter about this - it's meant to be a pretty interesting dark fantasy, so I'm at least intrigued.

Ingress: I probably won't check out more than an episode of this, but I want to know how they're making an anime out of the forerunner to Pokémon GO.

Attack on Titan Season 3: This is still ongoing from the summer season of anime, but I highly highly recommend catching up for the episodes that'll be releasing across the autumn season - the next arc is pretty much what the series has been building to from the beginning. Get involved.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 0:03

I'm up to date with AoT (still not started any other anime since Darling) and I sort of compare it to The Walking Dead as in first season decent but gone of the rails but as I've watched 40+ episodes, I'm going to continue.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 2:56

That One Piece is quite fun, isn't it? Maybe there's a reason its the most popular anime in Japan . . .

My girlfriend's really into it so I've started reading but there are still like 900 issues to work through . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 20:16

masofdas wrote:
I'm up to date with AoT (still not started any other anime since Darling) and I sort of compare it to The Walking Dead as in first season decent but gone of the rails but as I've watched 40+ episodes, I'm going to continue.

Man, I don't understand this opinion for S3 at all. I'll give you S2 as the Clash of the Titans arc was a wee bit messy, but they've done a really good job with the fight scenes in S3 so far. The arc that's been adapted just now was notoriously slow paced in the manga as well, so it's even more of a testament to the anime studio. And it's only going to get better from here... Grin

Drunkalilly wrote:
That One Piece is quite fun, isn't it? Maybe there's a reason its the most popular anime in Japan . . .

My girlfriend's really into it so I've started reading but there are still like 900 issues to work through . . .

I'd love to check out One Piece, but it's so daunting. Hell, any of the long-running Shounen Jump series are terrifying to look at due to how many episodes there are.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 20:37

Yeah the action is good, just not really enjoying the story and watching more because I've watched so much of it already.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 20:55

To each their own. I think you're in the minority with that one though as this is where the story actually starts to reveal some answers about the world as opposed to a JJ Abrams style mystery box show.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 8 Sep 2018 - 1:16

I haven't even watched S2 of the AoT anime but based on reading the manga i gotta side with Jay here. It goes places yo!

One Piece is kinda daunting but its also really goofy and fun and breezy so its a quickish read.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 9 Sep 2018 - 12:34

Anyone watch DBZA round here?  Finally at the end of the Cell saga (probably redundant to say that now that I think about it as I imagine anyone following it already knows that), all I'm going to do is post this.  Good rendition of the awesomeness of that scene in the saga (probably massive spoilers for Drunka unless he's wrapped up the Android saga as a whole, just putting that out there).

Spoiler:

And yeah still don't have the motivation to rewatch AoT and watch S2 I'm afraid. Plus my internet right now suuuuuuuucks (we're talking 5mbps download off-peak) so I doubt I could watch the show in the way it should be watched. Probably a big part of my lack of desire tbh.

Might check out My Hero Academia on crunchyroll though (I was wondering why it wasn't being shown on Animelab despite it being one of the shows airing right now), 460p isn't amazing but it's about what I can handle. Or maybe I'll finally check out JoJo's Bizarre Adventure properly.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 9 Sep 2018 - 14:15

I just recently got super into DBZA! My girlfriend and my best work bud are super into it so I've watched up to the end of Frieza.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 16:04

Athrun888 wrote:

Might check out My Hero Academia on crunchyroll though (I was wondering why it wasn't being shown on Animelab despite it being one of the shows airing right now), 460p isn't amazing but it's about what I can handle.  Or maybe I'll finally check out JoJo's Bizarre Adventure properly.  

I can solidly recommend either. JoJo's is my current jam. Thumbs Up!

As for DBZA, I've been watching since it began - great show. I'm surprised by how well they've transitioned from focusing solely on the jokes to actually adapting the show into a comedy format whilst still retaining the core spirit of DBZ. It's brilliant stuff. My default voices for some of the characters have transitioned into the DBZA characters in my mind too as opposed to the original VAs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptySun 7 Oct 2018 - 23:10

This is more directed at Balla, but it could go out to anybody who watched the Ace Attorney anime - what were your thoughts on the overall show?

I've watched up to the start of JfA and I'm reasonably satisfied with what they're showing off so far. It seems to be reasonably well paced and the anime original episode about Wright's childhood - or rather, Edgeworth's, I suppose - was a good watch!

Also, if you weren't aware, Season 2 of the show started recently, so the AA3 adaption is kicking off! Grin

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Oct 2018 - 19:55

Ah, have to get on that! I'll need to drag The Lady in, since it's pretty much the only games series we have in common.

I quite enjoyed it. Some bits they left out, some bits were less good than in the games, but that's the nature of the best. And Turnabout Big Top benefited massively from being streamlined for telly. 😒
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Oct 2018 - 20:08

Supposedly it's kicked off with 2-1, which is a reasonable move to make considering they'll need Maggey Byrde for 3-3, and it also wouldn't have made sense having another beginning case in the middle of the first series of the anime.

Good to hear Big Top benefits from being adapted to anime - I found that the Steel Samurai case benefited from being adapted as well. Some of the shots they used when Pearl channels Mia though... yeah, that part definitely didn't benefit from the jump to anime.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Oct 2018 - 20:15

They didn't benefit from existing in the first place. No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 12 Oct 2018 - 23:02

Is anybody watching any currently airing series just now? I'd be interested to read your thoughts! I've got super into the whole concept of seasonal anime with picking a few shows to watch. It feels like much less of a commitment than an hour long TV show every week.

Here's what I'm watching:

Attack on Titan S3: Still ace. It's adapted what was a pretty slow arc from the manga and made it into some of the best episodes of the anime to date. Top stuff.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Goofy stuff - a guy dies and finds himself in a fantasy world as a slime, albeit an incredibly powerful one. It's a bit videogamey at points - the slime acquires skills like "poison resistance, thunder resistance" and whatnot - which makes it a fun watch. Funny stuff so far.

Run with the Wind: Sports anime about a running club - it seems a lot more character focused than I'd first expected. Early doors yet, but worth checking out the two episodes so far.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai: I would never have watched this show considering its really dumb title and the fact it had a bunny girl as its poster art, which made me think it was going to be a dumb fanservice show. Folks on the anime subreddit were raving about it though, and with good reason! It's actually shaping up to be a captivating mystery/love story with like no fanservice outwith of one scene, which wasn't even as bad as I'd thought, especially compared to stuff like Darling in the FRANXX. Recommended, seriously.

Goblin Slayer: Hoooo boy. Yeah, this might look like an adventure fantasy story but it's REALLY not. It's the darkest thing I've watched in anime yet. Not for the faint of heart, genuinely. I'll leave it at that.

I'm still working through the first series of Ace Attorney, so no thoughts on series two from myself yet.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:55

I looked up Goblin Slayer. Do not look up Goblin Slayer. No

Watched the first episode of Ace Attorney 2 (which corresponds to 3 in the games, but with the first case of 2. Clear as mud). Even seemingly without the American names being an option in the subs. this time, it's goofy fun. I enjoyed it.

Of those others, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai sounds like my sort of thing the most (bar AoT, natch). I enjoyed Ouran High School Host Club, so if it's near as subversive as that then I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:05

I was saying I wasn't enjoying AoT S3, I then missed it for a week than watched a few episodes in a row and some were really good. I do think I may have missed a few weeks again that I should go watch it but so many games and stuff on Netflix as I'm not even done with Luke Cage S2 yet.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 23:25

Balladeer wrote:
I looked up Goblin Slayer.  Do not look up Goblin Slayer. No

I mean... I did warn you! Crunchyroll have actually chucked up a "this program may contain scenes which may disturb some viewers yadda yadda" warning up now for the show, which I think is a wise move as the poster for the show paints it as a whimsical fantasy adventure. It is ANYTHING but whimsical. Although, I suppose the fact that the titular Goblin Slayer himself looks like he's been pulled straight in from Dark Souls should have tipped some folks off...

Balladeer wrote:
Watched the first episode of Ace Attorney 2 (which corresponds to 3 in the games, but with the first case of 2.  Clear as mud).  Even seemingly without the American names being an option in the subs. this time, it's goofy fun.  I enjoyed it.

Yeah, it's a shame that they've removed the option for having different subtitles. They were fully playing up the "eat your hamburgers, Apollo" ribbing at the Japanifornia setting. Watching on mobile, there's no option to change the subtitles track but it was changing seemingly at random for each episode from Japanese to English names. It took me a while to get used to...

Episode 2 is out for the second season by the way... Godot has arrived.  Dance

Balladeer wrote:
Of those others, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai sounds like my sort of thing the most (bar AoT, natch).

Check out the first couple of episodes and see what you think. I was intrigued after the first episode and on board for the full season after the second.

masofdas wrote:
I was saying I wasn't enjoying AoT  S3, I then missed it for a week than watched a few episodes in a row and some were really good.

Well... I wouldn't rush or anything. They've announced that the second half of season three isn't coming until Spring 2019. Aww!

Still, that means the Spring 2019 anime season is going to have My Hero Academia Season 4, AoT Season 3.5 and One Punch Man Season 2. That is stacked!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 20:20

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I looked up Goblin Slayer.  Do not look up Goblin Slayer. No

I mean... I did warn you! Crunchyroll have actually chucked up a "this program may contain scenes which may disturb some viewers yadda yadda" warning up now for the show, which I think is a wise move as the poster for the show paints it as a whimsical fantasy adventure. It is ANYTHING but whimsical. Although, I suppose the fact that the titular Goblin Slayer himself looks like he's been pulled straight in from Dark Souls should have tipped some folks off...

You did, but I thought that just meant some horrible murders. Instead, it does the whole 'look here's some rape are we mature yet' thing and dials it up to eleven. I'm not sure whether to be disgusted by the content or by the idea.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 23:20

I'm with you there. I stuck with it and watched the second episode and it's shifted from a more explicit depiction of rape to the implication of the act. That first episode made me feel horrible, which I suppose was the desired effect. I get that it's part of the dark fantasy genre, but I still think they were incredibly disingenuous marketing it the way that they did.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 10:01

Right guys as you know I'm sort of wishy-washy with anime as I'll watch something all in one go like Darling then forget about having a sub then I'll come back and find I've got 4 episodes of AoT to watch.

I finished AoT awhile ago now, it did get good and I'm looking forward to when it comes back. Also watched Castlevania which is super and the special episode or Violet Evergarden on Netflix, I don't know if they have anything new worth watching.

Which has me back into the anime mood and I noticed some shows that recently started this season are on Funimation, that I'm just wondering what is and isn't worth a watch as I'll be a few episodes behind.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Goblin Slayer
Zombie Land Saga
Hinomaru Sumo
SSSS.Gridman
Double Decker! Doug & Kirill
Radiant
RErideD: Derrida, who leaps through time
Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight

Looking at MAL Rascal seems to be the show to watch and Ulysses should be the one I try to watch last or not at all.

I do like this seasonal thing for someone who's behind on shows as I get some new ones and then by the next season starts I may have caught up or shows like AoT or One Punch Man are back.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 22:02

Yeah, I really enjoy the seasonal aspect of anime as well. I've tried to at least have 5 or 6 seasonal shows on the go for watching weekly and then catching up on an existing show or a completed show too. I'm not watching all of the shows you've listed, but I've kept a close eye on most of them, so I'll chime in where I can:

masofdas wrote:
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Yeah, watch this. Really witty banter between the leads - it reminds me of Steins;Gate in regards to its tone. I didn't expect a romance show with supernatural undertones to grip me as much as this has, but it's brilliant. I think it was really poorly marketed with the bunny suit being a big part of the show's image, but it's barely turned up and I think it does the show a disservice if anything. 100% recommended.

masofdas wrote:
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

This is fun! It's an isekai - where a normal person is transported to another world, blame SAO for this genre being popular - which doesn't take itself too seriously. It's been a bit of a slower start with lots of world building, but it's a full 24 episode show spanning two seasons as opposed to a 12/13 episode one season show, so I expect it'll ramp up soon enough. Check it out.

masofdas wrote:
Goblin Slayer

This is one that's tough to recommend fully based on its opening. The first episode is really tough to watch in that it's really really dark and is going to turn lots of people away, but the show's become more of a standard dark fantasy in the vein of Souls or Berserk since then. It's very popular, so I expect it'll get a second series. Give it a watch and see what you think.

masofdas wrote:
Zombie Land Saga

This show is really dumb, but I think I love it...? The premise is stupid as all hell - a really weird guy voiced by the guy who did the VA for Light Yagami from Death Note and Okabe Rintaro from Steins;Gate in full on ham voice acting mode decides to create a idol girl group except they're all zombies for some reason and they don't sing pop but they rap and do heavy metal. If that's at least got you interested, check out a few episodes.

masofdas wrote:
Hinomaru Sumo

Okay, so I had to look this one up and I'm going to spend this paragraph convincing you to ditch this and watch Run with the Wind instead if you're looking for a sports anime this season. RwtW is all about, well, running, but it looks like it's going to be a wild ride filled with some great character moments. The main cast are all pretty likeable and don't seem to be overly cliched beyond the protagonist, which makes a change for sports anime, and the OST is awesome. So, watch that instead!

masofdas wrote:
SSSS.Gridman

I've not watched it - heard good things though if you're wanting a mecha anime this season.

masofdas wrote:
Double Decker! Doug & Kirill
Radiant
RErideD: Derrida, who leaps through time
Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight

I know nothing about the first three, but I've heard Ulysses is fan-service laden trash and should probably be skipped.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018 - 16:56

Run with the Wind isn't on Fun or Net but you might be right about there be better sport-related shows then Hinomaru Sumo.

Goblin Slayer, hmm if it becomes a standard fantasy show is it worth watching? But nothing else like that this season.

Zombie Land Saga, I like Baby Metal that I can see me liking this.

Bunny Girl Senpai, watched the first episode I can why you bring up Steins and I may stick with it.

Slime, I've watched all four episodes I can and it seems a laugh Thumbs Up!

Gridman, now I'm not a big mecha guy but heard great things about it coming out of Japan.

I think I'll leave the rest as they were 5 or 6's on MAL.

Anything else I'm missing out on?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018 - 23:03

masofdas wrote:

Goblin Slayer, hmm if it becomes a standard fantasy show is it worth watching? But nothing else like that this season.

Anything else I'm missing out on?

Oh, it's still not a standard fantasy show - I think I've done it a disservice there. It's still worth watching, but there's a bit of a jarring tonal shift from the first episode to the subsequent episodes. It was a tone shift I appreciated, mind you, as I'd have likely dipped out had it continued in such a bleak, grim-dark way.

The only other major show from this series is JoJo's Part V, but you've a lot to catch up on to get to that point.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 17 Nov 2018 - 10:11

I really don't like the animation style of JoJo anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 15 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next