We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2019 - 19:58

Ah yes, I read about that. Tragic stuff. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2019 - 20:03

I do like me some Waifus
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu 28 Nov 2019 - 2:50

Want to get around to watch the latest series of Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia. Maybe One Punch Man series 2 as well, which from the last I heard is still okay despite the animation getting a lot worse. Was so gutted about that. On top of being so well written and funny, OPM series 1 looked so amazing.

Had been meaning to watch the rest of the Monogatari series as well but don't know if I'll ever get around to it. Watched Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari, then I was rewatching Bake to refresh my memory of it in preparation for watching the rest but it didn't grip me like my first viewing of it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2019 - 0:30

Kriken wrote:
Maybe One Punch Man series 2 as well, which from the last I heard is still okay despite the animation getting a lot worse. Was so gutted about that. On top of being so well written and funny, OPM series 1 looked so amazing.

There's a clear visual downgrade which is a shame, but I suppose Bones are putting a lot of their time into Mob Psycho 100 and to be fair, that show deserves the time so I can't be too upset.

The actual content of OPM S2 is still pretty darn good with the last couple of episodes proving to be up there some of the best moments of S1. Worth a watch, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2019 - 11:50

The problem I have with OPM season 2, conceptually at least, is that season 1 covered a lot of what the premise can cover.  So unless season 2 deviates a fair bit... But then you'd miss the point of how Saitama trivialises everything so...  *Shrug*  Maybe I'll watch it someday, maybe I won't, but it's definitely not a priority despite season 1 being one of the best shows this half of the decade.  

Started rewatching Death Note yesterday.  Good times, good times.  The cat and mouse game between L and Light is still as engaging and fun to watch as it ever was.  Might finish with the end of the main conflict though, not a huge fan of the anime's last arc and how ridiculous and contrived it gets.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2019 - 15:54

Athrun888 wrote:
The problem I have with OPM season 2, conceptually at least, is that season 1 covered a lot of what the premise can cover.  So unless season 2 deviates a fair bit...

It plays a bit more with the concept of being a hero and focuses more on the supporting cast. One of the new characters carries the majority of the series.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2019 - 1:04

Been watching Cautious Hero and it's alright. Another 'self-aware' Isekai (ordinary person transported to a magical world story), but I guess the twist with this one is that it's not from the point of view of the ordinary person. Not quite as gripped with this one as I was with No Game No Life but the good comedic timing has kept me interested.

Meanwhile I've become aware of Stars Align which I might start watching soon. Know very little about it apart from it being apparently good, and that it's a sports anime which I have a particular fondness for after Kuroko's Basketball and Ping Pong (far from a conventional sports story but y'know). And it's tennis.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySun 22 Dec 2019 - 12:01

Code Geass: balm for the soul.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 12:19

Lelouch Vi Britannia >>>>>> your favourite character

Seriously though this show has aged like fine wine. Almost fifteen years and we still haven't seen anything quite like it since. Probably never will, the mid-00's were just insane for anime.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 21:35

I finished One Punch Man, season 2 this evening. It's still great fun but it's not the different animation studio which makes it seem off, it's the way they emphasise all the characters but Saitama. Definitely recommend for fans of the first season, but this isn't the masterpiece that was.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 22:27

I think there's only so far you can go with Saitama - the joke wears off after a while, I think. I thought the stuff focused on Garou was the best stuff of that season. I do stand by the animation taking a dip in quality hampering my enjoyment of the show - the fight scenes in S1 were feasts for the eyes.

I still strongly recommend anybody who enjoyed OPM S1 to check out Mob Psycho 100. I adore both seasons of that show.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 8 Feb 2020 - 18:05

I understand where you're coming from with Saitama, and the animations in season 1 were superior. For me though, it was Saitama and his interactions with all of the other characters which made the show special, the clever mockery of tropes and what have you. Without that season 2 is just kind of another anime. There's nothing wrong with that, I still really enjoyed watching it, but it's less One Punch Man and more The World of One Punch Man.

The Garou stuff was alright but I didn't like the ending much:
obvious spoiler:

I think Season two's biggest issue is that it follows a season which didn't need a sequel. Still, I'm looking forward to season 3 and will probably subscribe to the manga publisher's app for a month so I can read through the manga. It's only $2 rather than paying £5.50 ish per volume.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 8 Feb 2020 - 22:22

Muss wrote:
I understand where you're coming from with Saitama, and the animations in season 1 were superior. For me though, it was Saitama and his interactions with all of the other characters which made the show special, the clever mockery of tropes and what have you.

You still had that in a way with King, but I suppose that was funny because of how he played off Saitama.

Agreed with how the season ended though - felt a bit flat, all told. I've no idea where the story goes with this though unlike in Attack on Titan where I've been keeping up with the manga, so I'm still looking forward to S3 of OPM.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySun 9 Feb 2020 - 17:48

Yeah, the King stuff was great!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySun 9 Feb 2020 - 23:46

I finally got called Saitama by a student a couple of weeks ago, which was very pleasing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:24

The question is, was the student thinking of this Saitama...

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 Latest?cb=20161002154538

or this Saitama?

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 1*2bjwCLaA8TfH40OXcyLNvA
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2020 - 19:54

Both, clearly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySun 15 Mar 2020 - 18:12

I was going to say I've not watched much anime for awhile. But just watched Castlevania, and last night all of Beastars which was rather good and that upcoming Altered Carbon series looks decent even if I've watched the live action show.

I don't however know if anything like Zombieland Saga, Attack on Titan are back yet.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySun 15 Mar 2020 - 18:27

We've been eyeing up Beastars actually! Is it the furrybait the pictures suggest?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySun 15 Mar 2020 - 18:31

Fure is
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptySun 15 Mar 2020 - 23:30

I missed most of the autumn and winter seasons of anime due to the house move and some health issues, so I've been playing catchup.

Having said that, I've made sure not to miss My Hero Academia - I actually went back and started rewatching it from the beginning as I'd properly forgotten about some of the side characters, which isn't surprising considering I binged the first three seasons back to back in the space of a week. I forgot how good this show was too - Season 2 is bloody spectacular. The season which is currently airing has been pretty good too!

I finished off Attack on Titan S3 Part Two and The Rising of the Shield Hero as I bizarrely left both of those with only a few episodes left each. I actually gave AoT S3 Part 2 a perfect ten on MyAnimeList, which is only the third ten I've given on MAL. The arc it adapted was the best in the series to date and it really did it justice. Shield Hero... bleh, not great. It had quite a gripping premise to start with, if not a dark one, but it devolved into harem trash and most of the characters were utterly unlikeable. Can't really recommend it, to be honest.

I've got a couple of episodes left of My Roommate is a Cat, which is an easy, cute watch, and I'm going to try and power through the second half of Part 3 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I've heard it really picks up towards the end, but man, it's been a slog getting there.

I've got Demon Slayer, Fruits Basket and Vinland Saga in my watchlist once I'm done with my current shows as I've heard very good things about them.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 6:56

I've had to watch Demon Slayer. We're doing a lesson around watching it in English during the Spring Vacation, and I've had to watch it, transcribe the script and edit clips.

It's pretty good - I love the aesthetic and the music and the action - but the dialogue is very cheesy and that's the part I'm having to concentrate on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2020 - 22:48

Aye, it's still a shounen anime at heart so a lot of it will be a bit cheesy I'm sure and that'll go doubly so if you're watching it in English, I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2020 - 15:16

My biggest problem is they include a lot of inner monologye and describing what theyre doing stuff whichprobably makes sense on a manga page but is dumb when you can clearly see whats happening.

Still, much worse things I could be getting paid to sit and do for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2020 - 23:36

True!

I ended up reading through to the current chapter of My Hero Academia over the weekend. I was really eager to know how the story progressed as I ended up rewatching the anime and began jonesing for more. I'm really enjoying it, but I'm still keen as hell to see how the big battles and upcoming arcs are adapted in the anime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 19 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next