Paper Mario has a new course in Mario Kart 8. It's based on the A4.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 3:16

Double post/bump!

A new batch of seasonal anime is in full swing and yer boy has actually checked out a few of them to recommend to you lovely lot.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War S2: Easy recommendation. Series one was hilarious and this is continuing on that same path. I said "get it watched" looking at my Winter 2019 round-up from last year and that still rings true. It's basically "what if Death Note was a romcom?" and it's amazing. I maintain - get it watched.

Tower of God: This was a pleasant surprise. The first episode was confusing as all hell, but I've stuck with it and found myself really enjoying the mysteries of the show. The premise is that a group of warriors are tasked with climbing the titular tower with the prize awaiting anyone who reaches the peak being the ability to fulfil any wish they desire. To reach the top, they've got to duke it out with the other combatants in different events. The characters are all really fun and there's fresh questions being raised each episode that I'm actually looking forward to finding out the answer to. Worth checking out the first few episodes to see if you'll like it.

Digimon Adventure (2020): Me and Buska have chatted a bit about this in the Digimon thread. It's been alright so far, but definitely requires prior knowledge of the OG series to enjoy.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!: I've only watched the opening episode so far, but it seems like it'll be fun! The setup is that a teenage shut-in girl dies in a car accident and is reincarnated in a fantasy world (yes, it's another fucking isekai) but she quickly figures out that she's been reincarnated as the villainess of a romance visual novel that she's played. In the game, the villainess is either executed or exiled in all of the game's endings, so she's focusing on changing her fate to avoid being doomed. Could be a fun watch - I'll report back if not.

Gleipnir: This is a really trashy show in the same sort of vein as Darling in the FRANXX. The plot is that a high school student has a secret power where he can transform into a mascot costume/monster thing and has his strength and sense of smell enhanced when he transforms. A girl in his school finds out his secret and threatens to out his transformation unless he helps her investigate these mysterious coins that have been appearing all over town which seem to attract monsters like the protagonist. There's far too much fanservice for my tastes, but the fight scenes have been smoothly animated and the plot is actually somewhat interesting, so I'm sticking with it. I was burned before with DitF, so I'm being cautious.

There's two more shows I plan to check out which are Appare-Ranman, which is a rat race premise show, and Sing Yesterday for Me which I know nothing about but has been praised for having well written characters, being an emotional rollercoaster and being written about 20 something adults trying to find their place in life which is rare for anime considering its focus on teenagers for the most part. I'll report back if those two are worth a watch.

What's everyone else been watching lately in the world of anime?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 10:38

I really need to watch some again even if just what's on Netflix that mean missing Fruits Basket S2 on FUN as so much to watch without another streaming service.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Koizumi
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 20 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 13:41

JayMoyles wrote:
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!: I've only watched the opening episode so far, but it seems like it'll be fun! The setup is that a teenage shut-in girl dies in a car accident and is reincarnated in a fantasy world (yes, it's another fucking isekai) but she quickly figures out that she's been reincarnated as the villainess of a romance visual novel that she's played. In the game, the villainess is either executed or exiled in all of the game's endings, so she's focusing on changing her fate to avoid being doomed. Could be a fun watch - I'll report back if not.

Genuinely pretty interested in this.

I've just had two anime films land on my doorstep: The Tale of Princess Kaguya and The Girl who Leapt Through Time. Thoughts soon.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:23

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Genuinely pretty interested in this.

I watched the second episode - it's still fun! It's a light-hearted comedic sort of show but the premise keeps it from feeling totally cliched. The main character inadvertently woos one of the local heiress's by using the same bit of dialogue as that character's love interest, which causes that character's love interest to get mad at the protagonist. There was also a piano battle.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Koizumi
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:27

JayMoyles wrote:
There was also a piano battle.

SOLD
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Dark Sun
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:42

The OP also has the opening notes of Beethoven's 5th in it, bizarrely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20