Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.

Go down 
+6
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
beemoh
Axis1500
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. Empty
PostSubject: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptySun 2 Feb 2014 - 21:08

So, Nintendo announced that they're making a non-wearable Quality of Life.... something.
This thread asks you to predict what it is.

My guess is that it will involve the Vitality Sensor in some way.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptySun 2 Feb 2014 - 21:21

It'll be Mr. Resetti popping up when you leave the house, reminding you that you've left the gas on.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyMon 3 Feb 2014 - 4:05

A Wii fit board that just plugs directly into the tv and is a standalone thing.

Compulsory tingle costumes for everyone, so people are shamed into getting into shape.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyMon 3 Feb 2014 - 8:29

My guess is a small handheld device that could be pocketed, like the 3DS, to record how many steps you take. It also has specific programs installed, like a version of Brain Age, a version of Eyesight Training, a version of Wii Fit, etc.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyMon 3 Feb 2014 - 8:55

Apparently it's more advanced than "wearable" hardware (according to Nintendo's blurb). The only thing I can think of that fits the bill would be something inserted directly into your brain, possibly via the nose.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyMon 3 Feb 2014 - 11:54

[quote="ZeroJones"]My guess is a small handheld device that could be pocketed, like the 3DS, to record how many steps you take. It also has specific programs installed, like a version of Brain Age, a version of Eyesight Training, a version of Wii Fit, etc.[/quote

That's pretty much in line with what I was thinking...if it even sees the light of day at all. I know it's been announced, but so was the Vitality Sensor, and hee-haw happened with that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyMon 3 Feb 2014 - 15:32

I think folk are getting confused by them calling it a "platform" & they instantly think some sort of gaming related hardware, as for what I think it could be? I really don't know but I reckon it's going to be so out of the box that it will turn some heads.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014 - 22:14

Working link, about sleep

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 31 Oct 2014 - 9:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014 - 8:27

It's an interesting start: sleep is one of those things that appears in the news every few months and we could all do with more of it at better quality. Also, totally not what I had in mind! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014 - 9:15

That link takes me to pre-download wii U/3ds games story, anyhow didn't Iwata already say it may be to do with sleep from the beginning?

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014 - 9:36

Sleep is something I'm really bad at so I'm pretty interested in it. Anything that can get me more rest for less wasted time is good by me (no thumbs up smiley? Sort it out!) :cherry:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014 - 13:51

Yeah, I've had a rubbish sleep pattern the last few months so this could be a godsend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. EmptySun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:23

£10 they call it Sliip.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.   The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The amazing Quality of Life device predictions thread.
Page 1 of 1