We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.

Go down 
+3
Balladeer
masofdas
Axis1500
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 May 2014 - 10:13

I'm on chapter 3, It does play more like a platformer then a RPG. I do like the combat system a lot though, and everything else seems nice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 May 2014 - 21:53

I've just hit chapter 3, and
Spoiler:

I'm liking this. It's whimsical, and very pretty. I'm finding controlling the firefly to be a bit of a pain, though: he doesn't go where I want him to go when using the touch screen, so I've reverted to the second stick.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 21:28

Very disappointed that so few people have taken to posting rhyming couplets about this game on Miiverse. If there ever were a game tailor-made for rhyming couplet posts, this is it. And the flying feels wonderful.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 21:31

I guess Miiverse isn't creative enough, and I'm sorry if that's blunt, but trying too hard to speak in rhyme makes you sound like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 May 2014 - 9:47

No further comments on this? I'm truly loving it - absolutely beautiful, and the flight gives a great sense of freedom within the 2D plane. And the battles aren't easy either. Hate the armless Geodudes. Hate 'em. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 May 2014 - 9:53

I'd do another rhyme, but I'm not sure I can be bothered. I haven't played this game yet, and that's because I can't be fucked.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 May 2014 - 10:20

Not really had time to play, hopefully can get around to it on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 May 2014 - 20:47

Gaining the ability to fly was when I stopped playing it. Admittedly this was in favour of NES Remix 2 - which was programmed just for me - but it's messed up what was evolving into a great 2D platformer. It makes things more dream-like, which must be the point, but it's much less interesting to me now than it was when Aurora was grounded.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 May 2014 - 20:58

CoL was never, in my eyes, a 2D platformer. It was always leaning on the RPG side of the divide. Maybe that's why I've had more fun with it. And I should say that the flying is made an element of puzzles (if they can be called that) later on.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 May 2014 - 2:29

I've heard good things about this game.
Haven't bought it yet. My backlog's to blame.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 May 2014 - 8:54

OK, so, I'm getting used to the flying. That's not going to stop me being a bit disgruntled for a little while, though.
Back to top Go down
Saul Iscariot
Philips CD-i Title

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 14:54

One of the best games I have played in ages. Certainly one of the best from Ubisoft for years. If I had paid attention and realised it was by Ubisoft before buying it I might have given it a miss but I am glad I didn't know. I love the artwork, it feels like a children's fairy tale book come to life. If I have a complaint about it, it is that I'd have loved to have seen it on the 3DS. That would have been mind blowingly great. I know people often bang on about Okami feeling like an illustration in video game form, but it is poor compared to this.

The characters and story seem to be perfectly paced, I do think that developers should look at games like this to see how to construct a narrative based game. The actual game mechanics at first seem deceptively simple, but as you progress the anticipation of what move to use and when gets increasingly more complex without ever becoming convoluted for the sake of it. I really am enjoying it, and it was only £12. Heck, I'd have been tempted to pay full price for it at the rate I am enjoying it. I have had about seven hours play out of it and am nowhere near maxing out my characters so I am hoping it will give me plenty more entertainment. I didn't even know there was DLC for it, does anyone know if this available on the Wii U version?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 May 2014 - 20:45

Been playing this most of the day, just got the last party member in chapter 10 on the way to get to the sun.

I can't think there's much left to do but agree with Saul on most on what he's said. So far this is my GOTY.

I brought up I played on a VITA using remote play and thought it was great on it, Ubi are bring it to the VITA on the 2nd July. I'm rather curious how it will come to the VITA as most games that have been on more then one Sony system has cross-buy, if this does it be excellent to play it all again on the VITA.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 May 2014 - 21:06

I'd agree with the GotY accolades, so far. Not a straightforward award with DKCTF in the year, but it's been splendid. I wouldn't necessarily agree with SPaul (compromise) on the story, or at least not the telling of it: I find the rhymes contrived and awkward, with only Rubella's purposely tortured non-rhymes providing a break. I think that the characters would feel better developed without it. That said, the world is pretty brilliant, but I think that's mostly due to the art direction, which is bloody wonderful.

I think the gameplay deserves a recognition too: an almost Metroidvania world with a surprisingly deep battle system, and of course the freedom of flight. The flying is possibly my favourite thing about the game, after the art design. It's a bit "babby's first RPG", especially the skill "trees" and the equipment, but the mechanics are nice and solid enough.

I hear that the ending's a bit disappointing, which is a real shame, as it's a solid 9/10 and my favourite Wii U game so far.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 May 2014 - 21:13

How far you in Balla as you haven't finished.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 May 2014 - 21:15

Just left the mouse-city with the mouse-archer in tow.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 May 2014 - 21:17

He's really useful, you've still got a bit to do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 May 2014 - 13:20

Finished, my thoughts are in the last game thread.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 May 2014 - 19:46

been reading up on the VITA version it's not cross-play/buy, so i would have to buy again if I want play on the VITA without remote play. Did see though that almost retail version of this on VITA is the complete edition which is the deluxe edition but all 7 DLC packs not just the 2 found in the deluxe edition.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 May 2014 - 8:14

Really hopeful that we'll get the DLC packs on the humble Wii U, but it's not looking good. I quite fancy an excuse to go back to Lemuria...
Back to top Go down
Saul Iscariot
Philips CD-i Title

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 May 2014 - 8:52

Same here, I completed the game yesterday, took me around 24 hours. I didn't find everything but have started New Game+. It would be nice to have some extra content to make it a bit different.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 May 2014 - 9:39

The extra content is, The VITA will get all this and make the game kinda easy from the start.

The Golem’s Plight Pack, It comes with new Golem quest that gives you an extremely powerful ally to fight along with. Moreover, the pack includes Erin’s Stone and 9 Rough Oculi (3 Red, 3 Blue and 3 Green). Got with deluxe edition, I used him a few times, like it say's all power and is a nice little quest.

Stardust Pack, which comes with 2 MP, 2 Strength, 2 Defense, 2 HP, 2 Magic Defense, 2 Magic, 1 Critical, 1 Dodge and 1 Speed.

Pack of Faceted Oculi, which includes 6 faceted oculi, 2 Blue, 2 Red and 2 Green.

Light Pack, it comes with brand new outfit for Aurora with a skill of heal. The pack also includes rough oculi (2 Red, 3 Green and 3 Blue).

Dark Pack, that includes a new outfit for Aurora and 3 Stardust, which are 1 Defense, 1 Magic Defense and 1 MP. Rough Oculi included are 3 Green, 2 Red and 3 Blue. Got this one as well, the costume is cool in Aurora's final form.

Pack of Rough Oculi comes with 2 Red, 2 Green, 2 Blue, 1 Turquoise, 1 Purple and 1 Yellow rough oculi.

Pack of Tumbled Oculi as it comes with 2 Blue, 2 Red, 2 Green, 1 Purple, 1 Turquoise and 1 Yellow tumble oculi.

24hrs that's a long time Saul, I'm guessing you did a lot of the sidequests. I didn't quite get around to doing them all just a few which got me the trophy. Also we've got a Last Game you finished thread Saul, where me and Jones have posted are final thoughts on the game, might be worth checking out as I know some like Jas are thinking about getting this game but was on the fence.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 May 2014 - 8:47

Have just reached what I presume is round about the midpoint of the game. You know, the point when all the plot surprises come out. WHAT A TWEEST. Lost my favourite fighter in that tweest, too. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 May 2014 - 10:26

If you are talking about what I think you are, yeah your about midway and she was a good character to use. I used her a lot but started using Robert instead.
Back to top Go down
Saul Iscariot
Philips CD-i Title

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 May 2014 - 10:51

I was mostly a Finn man myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.   Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Child Of Light. (Ubisoft) - April 30.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next