We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought

Go down 
+33
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
Monty_The_Mole
The Christ
Cube
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Gwyn400
Xelviar
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
JayMoyles
masofdas
Tokyo_Sonata
ScottGamer17
wenywoowoo
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
The_Jaster
fronkhead
beemoh
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Admin
mandlecreed
Balladeer
shanks
ZeroJones
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 14:53

4 volumes of a new manga series which is brilliant
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 20:15

He doesn't even tell us which one. ¬_¬

Phillips wrote:
Unsurprisingly, it's a Bavarian-themed minigame compilation. Highlights include conducting a Humppa band like it's some mad, never-ending version of Jam With The Band, testing your brain with a Germany-themed quiz that's full of dodgy spelling, taking the role of a waiter and serving eight steins of beer at a time to some suspiciously-young looking sprites, riding The World's Worst Ghost Train (©Phillips), and playing the strangest representation of a Test of Strength game in the history of the DS. It's downright bizarre. Absolute best of all, however, is the option of eating digital pretzils, sausage and drinking digital beer. Just press A a couple of times and you win the game. That the sound effect for downing your pint sounds like a fat woman giving Ben Dover a gobble just adds to this game's epic charms.

It's not bad.
Sounds a lot better than most licensed games! Especially those pretzils.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 20:40

Phillips wrote:
That the sound effect for downing your pint sounds like a fat woman giving Ben Dover a gobble just adds to this game's epic charms.
Just what I look for in a game. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 21:26

I'll add that those pretzils, sausages and beers apparently give you strength between games. I wish this game were real - beer for strength, Christ!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2013 - 22:03

Star Trek Into Darkness

Here it is in its natural habitat:
Still not the Star Trek film I've been waiting for (this one and its predecessor feel more like Wars than trek) but a very enjoyable sci-fi action romp.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 2:41

I've heard depending on where you bought your copy/what country you live in, there's different special features on the Star Trek: Into Darkness DVD. Not sure if I like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 3:23

Which is called Nisekoi
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 10:43

I don't know about the DVD, but the Blu Ray it's true so only the German version has the full imax experience, itunes download has enhanced cometary and a few more like that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 12:49

I hate how they've stopped putting features on the DVD that they obviously could fit, just to make me buy the Blu Ray. I'm gonna break soon, I can feel it, but Blu Ray is so expensive! Maybe I'll pick up a playstation.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 13:03

Do it! Come to the dark side!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 13:52

I wanna get one for Metal Gear, mostly, but if I pick up a PS3 now it'll be redundant when PS4 comes out with MGSV. I might go with what a friend at work suggested; wait until one of the phone shops does a contract with a free PS4 and get in there then. At the moment, the only main Metal Gear game I haven't played is 2, and presumably Kojima won't wait very long before bringing out an HD Collection for PS4.

That's a point, does PS4 even play Blu Rays?

Is this entirely the wrong thread to have this conversation?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 15:42

Yeah it plays blu rays, so does the xbone. I would recommend getting a ps3 over a ps4 as there cheap you can get a 40gb used for £50. There's a legacy collection of metal gear out this month for ps3.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 17:42

I'd recommend a PS3 too, there's a massive backlog you could pick up for cheap not to mention it's pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 20:15

Unbelievably, I managed to find a Wii Speak in GAME this afternoon for a whopping 25p.

Unbelievably, I've since discovered that I paid too much: with WiiConnect 24 ending a few months back, it seems to have no value. Acht.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:39

Won't it work with animal crossing still and what about other online wii games like conduit. Plus I've got a headset for dreamcast which is pretty useless now but still worth a few bob.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 21:21

I bought a bin for the kitchen.

Marked up at £9, it flashed up at £6.75. Factor in my staff discount, that's a measly £6.08 for a big plastic receptacle for unwanted household waste and whatnot (but not recyclable shizz) - most exciting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 21:29

andyman949 wrote:
I'd recommend a PS3 too, there's a massive backlog you could pick up for cheap not to mention it's pretty cheap.
And lo, the idiocy of the next generation lacking backwards compatibility was displayed for all to see. But alas, it was too late for the first parties to act, and they must remain unable to capitalize further on one of the longest generations in console history.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 9:21

Ys Memories of Celceta Silver Anniversary Edition. Comes with the game, a three disc soundtrack featuring original and arranged tracks from the entire franchise, a map, a compass, and a book featuring some art and tips and stuff. This makes me wonder why more companies don't do this sort of thing, if a really small company like XSEED can do it why can't they?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 12:24

Athrun888 wrote:
Ys Memories of Celceta Silver Anniversary Edition.  Comes with the game, a three disc soundtrack featuring original and arranged tracks from the entire franchise, a map, a compass, and a book featuring some art and tips and stuff.  This makes me wonder why more companies don't do this sort of thing, if a really small company like XSEED can do it why can't they?  
Because they don't have to. This isn't "Value Added" to make a good product better, it's a bribe to get people to buy a niche product.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 13:38

I disagree with that to be honest. The sort of person who buys games like Ys will buy them regardless of the goodies contained within (I was already going to buy it, just as an example), and if somebody doesn't already have an interest in Ys they won't care one jot about any of what they have included. These extras were included simply to make the release a more special one, nothing more.

So you would be right about the not having to part, but in my view wrong about the bribe part. If anything a cold decision to bribe people in to buying something would be much more in line with the bigger blockbusters than it would be this one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 16:54

PS4 is backwards compatible but just not with disc or the current PSN, but with the almighty cloud. And Microsoft have said they might bring backwards compatibility to the Xbox One also through the almighty cloud.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 20:06

masofdas wrote:
PS4 is backwards compatible but just not with disc or the current PSN, but with the almighty cloud. And Microsoft have said they might bring backwards compatibility to the Xbox One also through the almighty cloud.
& this is in here because? Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 20:09

Because backwards compatibility was brought up by beemoh.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 20:20

masofdas wrote:
You don't understand, Jaster isn't backwards compatible with old posts. I'll have to do a HD remake for him.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 20:35

Not quoting him didn't help? Razz

beemoh wrote:
masofdas wrote:
You don't understand, Jaster isn't backwards compatible with old posts. I'll have to do a HD remake for him.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought   Yesterday I Bought - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next