We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 12:58

JayMoyles wrote:
Spoiler:

You've pretty much got it, it's just a case of running back to the tower. And they're for upgrading weapons, which happens later.

Last edited by beemoh on Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 13:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 13:26

Or general Soul's series just in case there's a demon soul's 2.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 4:31

More progress! Beat the Bell Gargoyle with the help of a summoned NPC phantom, and I'm upgrading my Claymore with satisfying results. Not entirely sure where to go next, but I'm just enjoying exploring for now!

Question - is the big fucking magic spewing demon by the Blacksmith meant to be beaten at this point? I can't take down the big fucker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 4:43

@Jay

If you're really struggling use some gold pine resin (if you have it) on yer weapon & that should make taurus a lot easier, love the fact you went into the catacombs (probably my fave area of the game) right off the bat Laughing I did fight the skeletons at the top but thankfully didn't know there were stairs nearby until about 40 hours in.

I also killed the merchant due to some anger & that uchigatana served me well for a long time.

(Name suggestion: dark souls 2/general souls discussion)

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 4:49

JayMoyles wrote:
More progress! Beat the Bell Gargoyle with the help of a summoned NPC phantom, and I'm upgrading my Claymore with satisfying results. Not entirely sure where to go next, but I'm just enjoying exploring for now!

Question - is the big fucking magic spewing demon by the Blacksmith meant to be beaten at this point? I can't take down the big fucker.

You can leave him for later if you like or run past him, you really do have a good choice of ways to go now & I'm with you on the claymore its a lovely weapon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 5:08

Sweet - I'm in the Undead Burg right now because I felt like trying to beat a really tough knight right at the very beginning of the Parish. Didn't go well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 8:47

I think I must have missed a trick; i'm in the depths and I've got rubbish equipment and no capacity to upgrade. ..
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 10:00

JayMoyles wrote:
Sweet - I'm in the Undead Burg right now because I felt like trying to beat a really tough knight right at the very beginning of the Parish. Didn't go well.

The dude with the massive shield & mace? It's best to wait for his big slam attack to get a hit or two in try not to be too greedy with it though, also parrying isn't advised.

Buskalilly wrote:
I think  I must have  missed a trick; i'm in the depths and I've got rubbish equipment and no capacity to upgrade. ..

I'd go back to other areas you've visited to fully explore for items & gain souls to level up (your weapons) then go back to it, I ventured right through the tomb of giants only to be met with an area I couldn't pass so I left, defeated a few bosses & then returned.

The game can make you feel like you've cornered yourself at times but there is always an answer.

Edit: if I'm ever online when you are I'd be happy to help out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 11:12

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

The dude with the massive shield & mace? It's best to wait for his big slam attack to get a hit or two in try not to be too greedy with it though, also parrying isn't advised.

Errrrm, maybe? He's at the top of a windy staircase right before the area with that armoured boar thing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014 - 12:41

Ahh that's a black knight, when you mentioned the parish I thought you meant the side entrance......anyhow I find its best to do backstabs on them just lure him down the stairs to an open area & circle him until you have the chance to go in for a backstab.

If ye need practice at backstabs use the hollow soldiers nearby.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 10:23

I'm terrible at backstabs, but I got him eventually - abusing the shield then using the katana's brilliant thrust attack, worked wonders.

I had a mammoth session last night and I felt like I accomplished a fair bit - killed two bosses, Moonlit Butterfly and the Capra Demon, the latter of which felt ridiculously easy since I spent some time upgrading my weapons and armour. The ring I got off that big lump with the OHKO club helped with buffing my defenses too. I'm now rocking a +7 katana with +3 Elite Knight's Armour across the board, and I've got 26 dexterity.

In the sewers right now, and had my first experience of being invaded - first by some guy I suspect was an NPC named "Knight Kirk" and some other guy who tried lobbing lightning at me but then died in two hits once I got in close. Very satisfying. I'm lost as fuck though in these sewers.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 12:08

You thought the capra demon was easy? He's a really infamous boss that people usually die to quite a lot (its the dogs that make it a pain though) pretty sure I died to him about 4 or 5 times.

Aye Havel's ring is really handy I'm still wearing it nearly 60 hours into the game, with it my equipment load is over 100, ye might want get better at backstabs as they do massive critical damage the thing that may be throwing you off is you can't have your shield raised.

-----

On my adventures in the Dukes archives yesterday I got lost for quite a while because of these rotating stairs usually guarded by annoying channelers but I made through to the crytal caves eventually & was truly wrecked by golems.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014 - 12:14

The_Jaster wrote:
You thought the capra demon was easy? He's a really infamous boss that people usually die to quite a lot (its the dogs that make it a pain though) pretty sure I died to him about 4 or 5 times.

Aye Havel's ring is really handy I'm still wearing it nearly 60 hours into the game, with it my equipment load is over 100, ye might want get better at backstabs as they do massive critical damage the thing that may be throwing you off is you can't have your shield raised.

Yeah, managed it on my first try. The dogs died in a hit or two, and then I just went toe-to-toe with the Capra Demon. It was a bit hairy, but once I figured out his pattern I just went for it and found he went down really quickly - maybe I'm just overprepared?

Ahhh, that'll be it. I rarely lower my shield.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 16:25

So, a couple of things happened to me today playing Dark Souls. One was a lovely descent into a swirling miasma of nothingness climbing ladders down to Blighttown.

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 1F9CA3D1DF872D177FFEAEB00015A8AC046DFA2A

The other, I managed to capture video evidence! Take a gander at the link here chums.

Apart from that, fuck Blighttown. Those pricks with the toxic darts are horrific! It's also very dark. A question - should I be heading past those big dudes with boulders into the worryingly spider-looking hole or should I be exploring elsewhere first?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 16:29

JayMoyles wrote:
Apart from that, fuck Blighttown. Those pricks with the toxic darts are horrific! It's also very dark. A question - should I be heading past those big dudes with boulders into the worryingly spider-looking hole or should I be exploring elsewhere first?

Do go down there, but explore first, especially the upper levels.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 16:37

Sweet - was exploring the upper levels just before I finished up there, found a key to New Lando ruins or something along those lines, so it proved fruitful!
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 16:42

JayMoyles wrote:
Sweet - was exploring the upper levels just before I finished up there, found a key to New Lando ruins or something along those lines, so it proved fruitful!

There's more- stay up there.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 16:43

Indicentally, you might want to hold off on this for a while, but: http://www.bitparade.co.uk/article.php?id=2837
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014 - 23:46

So I had a good run on souls today defeating 4 bosses Smile though if this game was wanting to be really mean to me it'd lock me in a room with titanite demon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 1:19

FUCKS SAKE JAY HAS BARELY STARTED AND HE'S MILES AHEAD OF ME.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 4:12

I've waaaaaay too much time on my hands Buska, don't worry. It's just a sign of my complete and utter lack of anything to do.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 13:32

I think I'm going to have to get back into it, I've had it since near launch and he's nearly up to where I left off.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Mar 2014 - 18:12

Made some progress - I'll spoiler tag it if you're really bothered about spoilers. It's up to the beginning of Sen's Fortress, FYI. It'll probably only be Jaster reading these at the rate I'm going.  Laughing 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 0:04

@Jay

Spoiler:

I'm on the final stretch now but I feel my weapons may be a tad underpowered for the boss in new Londo ruins, so the next time I'm on I'll have to upgrade my fire claymore some more.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Mar 2014 - 6:54

I feel fairly overlevelled as it is - something like Level 56 or thereabouts. But I'll tackle the Catacombs and nosy about Darkroot Gardens first. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next