We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 6:41

I tried it once but I must've done something wrong because I seemed to be taking just as much damage as before, plus I was less able to get behind him and more likely to get blown the fuck up/grabbed. Gah.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 12:57

I don't remember having to get behind him when in Tank mode (not for attacking anyway) knowing the timing of when to move out the way or heal is probably your issue.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 15:09

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Did you decide to just skip going down the covenant route for the miracles you need for the trophy?

Aye, I had a really bad day on pvp (combo of not winning/not finding enough people to invade) & I didn't want to end up not liking the game because of it.

That was more or less my issue with getting those miracles - I don't like PVP really, so I decided just to blast through to NG++.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 18:03

It's a shame it ended up that way as I did have some pretty fun fights at times, oh NG+ has also made me notice that even though some bosses are considered optional they're used as ways to block an alternate route which is pretty clever.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 21:01

What bosses are you on about Jas? I can only really think of the Dragonrider in Heide's Tower and the boss in No-Man's Wharf, off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 12 Aug 2015 - 0:24

Yup there's those and....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 12 Aug 2015 - 23:13

Turns out getting behind him was causing me to take the full brunt of the hit instead of the minor damage after tanking. All dead now so onwards we go tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 17:50

I had a feeling that was your main problem.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 21:20

Yeah, Havel's Set is pretty badass when you're doing it right Laughing Got the plat today, good stuff Thumbs Up! Quite fancy starting DS2 but I don't want to burn out...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 22:24

I really wanna get onto dark souls II as well but don't want two soulses in a row. After batman and a bit of rare replay, maybe, I'll be all over it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 22:29

Aye, I'd like something chunky inbetween, though I think that would be replaying Bats or Witcher, neither of which are quite what I'm after right now. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 23:08

andyman949 wrote:
Yeah, Havel's Set is pretty badass when you're doing it right Laughing Got the plat today, good stuff Thumbs Up! Quite fancy starting DS2 but I don't want to burn out...

Congrats on the plat!

Drunkalilly wrote:
I really wanna get onto dark souls II as well but don't want two soulses in a row. After batman and a bit of rare replay, maybe, I'll be all over it.

I reckon you have plenty time to start and finish it well before 3 is out.

---

My journey to the DSII plat:

I pretty much blazed through the harvest valley/Earthen peak section (quite a short area when you don't have to explore it) tonight taking out the bosses on my first go but then I got to Iron Keep, I don't know if I was trying to rush it or the fact that those red phantom alonne Knights were a right fucking pain.

I died numerous times trying to skip by the smelter demon boss then died some more trying to get to smelter demon and then a couple more on the boss itself I was honestly going to give up for the night until I summoned help to beat it, after that I easily made my way to the old iron king who's soul I need to trade for a spell.

Third time lucky I defeated it and now I only need 6 more spells until the plat. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 23:46

The Smelter Demon is a right cock. I don't think I beat him without help on any of my playthroughs.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 15:57

I could always get his health down to below half quite consistently but I can see how annoying he can be especially with his constant fire damage thing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 16:37

Aye, the amount of fire damage he does during the fight changes as he takes more damage. He's a cock.

All the chat about going for platinums and whatnot has really made me want to replay Dark Souls. I haven't played it since they added Steam achievements, so might be worth going for it. I've not played the DLC for it either, so that'd be something totally new.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 16:47

Started up DS2 today as a sorcerer (I think) and bloody hell I'm struggling with some of the changes. I've made it up into some castle place and I'm just getting ruined by everything. Saved up some souls so I could use a shield and it's just crap. Not sure if that's because of the shield or new mechanics but damn...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 17:17

Is the area called Heide's Tower of Flame?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 17:26

Nope, Cardinal Tower in the Forest of Fallen Giants
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 18:47

Ah, I think I know what bit you're on about. Maybe it's just because you're a sorceror? They're quite squishy early game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 19:02

So...:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 19:46

If you're dying a lot I'd say only use effigies when your health bar takes a significant hit though you do pick up a lot of effigies on your journey through the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 20:09

The Pursuer has an easy to learn attack pattern. Once you learn when and where to dodge, it's only a matter of time before you knock him down.

NG+ spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptySun 16 Aug 2015 - 10:16

JayMoyles wrote:
The Pursuer has an easy to learn attack pattern. Once you learn when and where to dodge, it's only a matter of time before you knock him down.

NG+ spoilers:

And that spoiler is why I don't have the time to play NG+! Nope nope nope nope. Also, on the subject of that shiny shit:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptySun 16 Aug 2015 - 10:26

Jimbob wrote:
Also, on the subject of that shiny shit:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 EmptySun 16 Aug 2015 - 17:14

JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Also, on the subject of that shiny shit:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 17 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next