We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metal Gear Series

Go down 
+10
oldschool
Admin
JayMoyles
Cube
The_Jaster
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Favourite Metal Gear
Metal Gear
Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Vote_lcap0%Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Snakes Revenge
 0% [ 0 ]
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Vote_lcap10%Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Ghost Babel
 0% [ 0 ]
Sons of Liberty
 10% [ 1 ]
Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Vote_lcap30%Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Snake Eater / 3D
Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Vote_lcap40%Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Acid
 0% [ 0 ]
Acid 2
 0% [ 0 ]
Portable Ops / +
 0% [ 0 ]
Guns of the Patriots
 0% [ 0 ]
Online / Arcade
 0% [ 0 ]
Peace Walker
 10% [ 1 ]
Revengearce
 0% [ 0 ]
Ground Zeroes
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 18:13

Oh, god yeah. Not playing Ground Zeroes would be like skipping the tanker section in MGS2.

I barely played Peace Walker in multiplayer. The problem I had was playing it with a crazy Metal-Gear-Head who could basically sprint to an S Rank every mission, so I missed out on the gameplay. Later on, when the missions are less story-driven and you're wrapping up the side stuff, it might make more sense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 18:18

That guy Neutral

His passion for Metal Gear scares me, and I've never even met him!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 18:31

Got Ground Zeroes ready to play on my PS3 (got it on sale for £5/6 ages ago) so that's definitely getting played. Despite desperately wanting to get to MGSV, I'm not rushing through Peace Walker. I've been listening to all the briefing tapes, as that seems to be where the bulk of the story comes from.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 12:48

Muss wrote:
That guy Neutral  

His passion for Metal Gear scares me, and I've never even met him!
Look at his twitter pictures. Just posting his MGS collection over and over trying to get retweeted. :sigh:
JayMoyles wrote:
I've been listening to all the briefing tapes, as that seems to be where the bulk of the story comes from.
That's good practice to get into for V mate!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 21:39

Amaze balls that collection
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 22:52

Apparently he's selling it all off for driving lessons, a place to live and so on. Loser.

Completed Chapter 1 this morning. Did a little of 2, but felt a little burned out so did some Mario instead.
Mission 30 though! That could've been a whole game in the older MGS style.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2015 - 1:08

Peace Walker really clicked with me last session. The Outer Ops section is right up my alley (it's the sort of daft Facebook game style thing that I oddly enjoy) and the story's starting to take shape. Hot Coldman is either the best or the worst name for a villain. I can't decide.

No bloody clue how to get an S Rank though. I blast through the missions, no detections, no kills... maybe I need to be quicker.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2015 - 23:36

Probably a speed thing, Jay.

I'm going through Chapter 2 in MGSV now, and it's kind of Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down... Bounce Sulk Surprised

There are still some really great moments, and I still love this game, but for the first time there are also bits that are just pissing me off (extreme missions), and I can't shake the feeling that it got rushed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Oct 2015 - 13:39

I had that feeling Muss,

Also Thumbs Up! to Jay as from the Admintendo, it is great that your playing MGS's and loving them that even MGS3 is on your Top games along with making the a popular thread to come to, that it's likely been the most used thread on the site.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Oct 2015 - 23:12

I'm about the same. What's amazing is the difference between how I was playing this game when I first put the disk in and how I'm playing it now. Before, I was casually riding from side-op to side-op on D-Horse, only worrying about main missions when absolutely necessary. Now, I'm sprinting back and forth from the chopper, mostly doing main missions, and even trying to skip particularly obnoxious repeats of old missions in there!

This is still probably my GOTY, but its far from perfect. Some really obvious rushed/ cut content here.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:11

Uh oh.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:26

Well, David Hayter will get a paycheck for saying "PULL THE LEVER" so that's something.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 16:37

*lonely Japanese businessman wins a watch from Metal Gear Solid: The Pachinko Pain*

Ripped sound-byte of Ocelot from MGS3: "You're pretty good!"

*"Play again?" pops up on screen*

*lonely Japanese businessman rolls another coin into the machine*

Ripped sound-byte of Snake from any Metal Gear: "Kept you waiting, huh?"

*one single tear falls down Kojima's face*
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 21:01

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm about the same. What's amazing is the difference between how I was playing this game when I first put the disk in and how I'm playing it now. Before, I was casually riding from side-op to side-op on D-Horse, only worrying about main missions when absolutely necessary. Now, I'm sprinting back and forth from the chopper, mostly doing main missions, and even trying to skip particularly obnoxious repeats of old missions in there!

This is still probably my GOTY, but its far from perfect. Some really obvious rushed/ cut content here.

I'm similar, but I do not mind the side ops and jogging over to them, they're repetitive but brief enough and you get to fulton some dudes and listen to some cassettes.

It's the variants of main missions I've already done which annoy me. Yeah it's cool that they're there in a way, subsistence missions are interesting, but they should be optional. More to the point, the freedom you have in most missions is scaled back massively in the "you can't get seen on game over" missions, which by hour 40 or so is a really jarring transition.

It is bad enough that I have to sit down and force myself to redo older missions, in the hope that the gated candy will be sweet enough, it really is that bad. Extreme missions are harder in the most arbitrary way - the AI does more damage, have more health, and you die quicker. It's harder because the numbers under the hood say so, not because I'm being outsmarted, or have to change my strategy in an interesting way.

I will probably finish the story properly within a week or two, its not the worst thing ever, but it is a notifiable blight on the game. Especially since the cassettes get longer and longer, while the first hand story gets fed to us directly less and less.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2015 - 21:38

You don't have to do all the extreme missions etc to get the True Ending.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 0:31

Muss wrote:
subsistence missions are interesting

There really isn't enough of those subsistence missions (2 if I remember correctly) which I personally loved the challenge of, I know it wouldn't fit for all missions but it's a real shame they didn't do that to more of them.

In fact it's especially odd when much of ground zeroes is built around that idea.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 1:07

The subsistence stuff is cool. The extreme/ total stealth stuff less so.
That said, I think one can avoid most of them? So that's... good?
Anyway, I just completed
Spoiler:
and it was one of the most depressing and harrowing things I've ever had to do in a game. Also, fuck Huey.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 10:23

Yeah that was a good mission, a few of the chapter 2 missions like that one are great but then some are extreme missions which to me should of been side ops with the important side ops in chapter 2 being real missions.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 10:32

masofdas wrote:
should of been side ops with the important side ops in chapter 2 being real missions.

Thougt this myself yesterday. That pretty much is the case, in terms of what you have to play and what you don't. It would have been a case of just moving them to the other list and it would have shut a lot of people up.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 14:06

Fuck Konami.

Made a dumb video.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 16:13

Drunka, that video is great. Laughing

The CGI of you on Mother Base was mindblowing. It was like you were really there!

_____

Finished up with Peace Walker a couple of days ago and then blasted through Ground Zeroes and most of its side-ops last night.

Peace Walker was a tough one to judge - the mission structure grew a bit repetitive for my tastes (sneaking mission, tank/helicopter battle, sneaking mission, AI battle) and the endgame was too grindy for my tastes. However, building up Mother Base was great fun and the story, whilst not up to the heady heights of MGS3/4, was so important for progressing Big Boss's character arc. I'd give it a 7.5/10 - brilliant at points and important to the overall story arc of MGS, but dragged at points.

Ground Zeroes is another difficult one to judge. It's absolutely a preview for The Phantom Pain, but that didn't stop me from really enjoying the Ground Zeroes mission and the side ops. I only played it once, but I can already see different ways to tackle each mission. Kiefer Sutherland's going to take some getting used to though - I actually didn't know who Kaz was speaking to initially. I'll probably return to this to unlock the last couple of side ops and get some trophies, but I'm chomping at the bit to play The Phantom Pain now. I'd give this an 8.5/10 - if there was more to it, it'd be phenomenal, but its length hampers it somewhat.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 17:44

So, I've had just over and hour & a half of match time with Metal Gear Online and it's great stuff, I went for the infiltrator class since it's about sneaking behind enemy lines and it also has a stealth camo ability. Thumbs Up!

I mostly played the bounty hunter mode where you have to deplete the enemy tickets (both teams start with 30) by killing them or fulton extracting, the latter becomes quite important if enemies have a high bounty on their head (the number of kills they have) as if you fulton them their kill total get's added to your ticket total so it can swing back and forth quite a bit.

Oh also I had a run with someone playing as Ocelot & I was promptly CQC'd to the ground. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 21:43

Just took it for a spin myself and I'm not 100% sure where I stand yet. It was decent fun, I loved playing around in a walker but otherwise it did feel a bit like your average 3rd person shooter. I know I was probably playing it wrong but the base stuff is pretty poor and it doesn't leave a whole lot of options, I was hoping that the gear I unlocked from SP would have at least some contribution to the multiplayer but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'll definitely stick with it but it's not exactly the best time, especially coming off the back of Rainbow 6, being massively into Destiny and with Battlefront Beta coming at the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 9:53

andyman wrote:
Just took it for a spin myself and I'm not 100% sure where I stand yet. It was decent fun, I loved playing around in a walker but otherwise it did feel a bit like your average 3rd person shooter. I know I was probably playing it wrong but the base stuff is pretty poor and it doesn't leave a whole lot of options

I think Konami may have thought people would be playing to the strengths of each class so starting weapons wouldn't be as important but since it typically turns into a normal TDM killfest it can be a difficult way to start multiplayer, the options do open up a bit more between level 4 & 6 as this is when you get some weapon unlocks and your first custom loadout slots. (Unlocks seem to happen every 4 levels or so)

Then the perk/ability system unlocks shortly after that so it does have a decent bit of depth to it as you have to manage what abilities you want & what weapons to take as each piece of equipment has a weight attached to it which determines your characters overall speed.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 21:23

I've started MGSV and put a fair whack into it - just finished Episode 6. I don't even feel like I've broken the surface of this game yet, which is staggering considering the time I've put into it thus far. Incredible stuff.

Also:

Opening Mission Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Series   Metal Gear Series - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Series
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next