We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ohh I do like to accessorize

Go down 
+4
beemoh
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Ohh I do like to accessorize  Empty
PostSubject: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 14:07

With the VR headset announced for the PS4 and the brilliance of 3rd party controllers being brought up.

Is there any accessory that you’ve used that is great or made a certain game better?

Being a SEGA fan, I’ve seen some cool things like the VMU which has to be one of the best accessories there’s been and the fishing rod. SEGA bass fishing would not be the same without that neither would HOTD without its light gun.

Some things I can live without like a steering wheel there nice but such a pain to setup as you need a table and to fix it to it, so it doesn’t move around whilst using.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 21:51

Was a big fan of this bad boy.

Ohh I do like to accessorize  Kongas
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:24

Everyone likes a pair of Bongos  Cheeky
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:39

JayMoyles wrote:
Was a big fan of this bad boy.

Ohh I do like to accessorize  Kongas
Definitely the best gaming accessory ever in terms of quality and value.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 1:22

Disappointing to hear very little in the way of Guitar Hero/Rock Band et al coming up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 7:54

I don't think I've ever owned an important peripheral apart from various Wii steering wheels. Would have liked to try those bongos though. Sad (acknowledges innuendo before somebody else does)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 10:35

I think I had more fun trying to play other Gamecube games with those bongos. A mate had a set himself, so we ended up trying to play a few rounds of Smash Bros. with them. Quality stuff.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:42

Did you actually have to clap for donkey Kongs slap attack?

---

I really enjoyed the dj Hero peripheral, I actually splurged the cash on the special edition of that game.

Ohh I do like to accessorize  Dj_hero_1-570x323

The carry case actually could be made into a stand.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:50

If I remember rightly, each action you could do with the drum was assigned to a button on the Gamecube pad. Obviously it didn't have full coverage, so it didn't work well, but it was a laugh for fifteen minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 17:07

Assuming that we're not talking about things that have become standard (like in-built multi-taps and rumble packs), for me it's a toss-up between the G-Con 45 and the Guitar Hero guitar as the best gaming accessory of all time.

I felt that it's accuracy, look and comfort made the G-Con 45 the best lightgun ever. Time Crisis and the Point Blank conversions were good on their own merits, but brilliant with the gun.

The Guitar Hero guitar was such a ridiculous peripheral in so many ways, but it was the things that you could do besides play the tabs on the buttons that really set it apart as being arguably the greatest accessory of all time, like being able to lean back with it to unleash 'star power' and play about with the whammy bar. They ripped the arse out of it, but Guitar Hero was truly great stuff, and it was all down to the controller.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 18:13

The whole music rhythm genre has really petered out in recent times, hasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 18:30

There's Bit.Trip Runner 1/2, but I'm not sure whether they count... (has flashbacks of Wii voting thread arguments) Basically we need more Rhythm Heaven games.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 21:16

JayMoyles wrote:
I think I had more fun trying to play other Gamecube games with those bongos. A mate had a set himself, so we ended up trying to play a few rounds of Smash Bros. with them. Quality stuff.  Laughing 

Me and a buddy did the original SMB with him holding right on a d pad on a wii remote and me jumping with the bongos. We did alright.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 0:54

JayMoyles wrote:
The whole music rhythm genre has really petered out in recent times, hasn't it?

Balladeer wrote:
There's Bit.Trip Runner 1/2, but I'm not sure whether they count...  (has flashbacks of Wii voting thread arguments)  Basically we need more Rhythm Heaven games.

The best place for them would be handhelds so we can avoid input lag with HD TVs etc.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 0:44

The_Jaster wrote:
Did you actually have to clap for donkey Kongs slap attack?

---

I really enjoyed the dj Hero peripheral, I actually splurged the cash on the special edition of that game.

Ohh I do like to accessorize  Dj_hero_1-570x323

The carry case actually could be made into a stand.

An honourable mention must go to this, one of those peripherals which just felt perfect when you got in to the flow, more so than the Guitar Hero guitars in fact, really makes you feel involved.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohh I do like to accessorize    Ohh I do like to accessorize  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ohh I do like to accessorize
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: