We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Slazo
Balladeer
beemoh
Athrun888
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? Empty
PostSubject: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 11:23

I'm having trouble thinking up some witty, cool, or grand opening so I'll keep it short. If you were to add any one function, feature, or ability to the 3DS what would it be, and why?

Mine would be digital gameboy advance games for the general populace purchasable from the online store. As for the why, because I want to play Nintendo's gameboy advance games and don't want to have to pay the sky high prices that it would cost me for a pre owned copy online with the perk they're on my 3ds.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 11:51

Better battery.
Universal charger for it and the Wii U Gamepad.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 12:05

Buy a Wii U, Athrun. Razz 

I'd like a second analogue stick/pad please.  Also better battery life, but I've found that it seems to last okay for most of the journeys I take.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 12:41

Remove region locking.
Easier transfer of content from one 3DS to another.

And as already said, better battery life.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 12:46

Slazo wrote:
Easier transfer of content from one 3DS to another.

Definitely this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 12:46

I'd forgotten region-locking. Put that to the top of my list. I want to play Ouendan 3Sad 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 13:20

I'd like the d-pad to move a bit or the circle pad to be more comfortable to use for extended periods of time first and foremost. I'd also appreciate the lack of a region lock. Rune Factory 4  Sad 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 17:17

Not sure how well this qualifies, but maps for every country in the StreetPass Mii Plaza. There are far too many places out there with "No map", according to Nintendo. Shocking, it is - shocking.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 17:39

ZeroJones wrote:
Not sure how well this qualifies, but maps for every country in the StreetPass Mii Plaza. There are far too many places out there with "No map", according to Nintendo. Shocking, it is - shocking.

There was a joke map that went around the interwebs a number of years ago- The Nintendo World Map- it had 'Home' written over Japan, "Too Drunk" over Australia, A massive "$" over the US, and Europe was nowhere to be seen- maybe they were using that map for StreetPass?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 18:19

beemoh wrote:
There was a joke map that went around the interwebs a number of years ago- The Nintendo World Map- it had 'Home' written over Japan, "Too Drunk" over Australia, A massive "$" over the US, and Europe was nowhere to be seen- maybe they were using that map for StreetPass?

It wouldn't surprise me - out of the 27 countries I've had StreetPass hits from, 17 have no maps, including China, Russia and Brazil. These are massive places. It's just jarring: Nintendo normally look after the little things like this. Meh
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 19:15

beemoh wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Fairly certain N64 or NGC Magazine did similar back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 22:50

ZeroJones wrote:

I second this, I'd be a little angry if I lived in one of those countries and it didn't even have a map, they have different regions listed so there's no real excuse not to.

I'd like to be able to use the 3DS as a second Wii U gamepad or something although I'm sure tech power would stop this from ever happening.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 8:02

I can't believe I forgot about region locking.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 8:26

Dusty Knackers wrote:
beemoh wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Fairly certain N64 or NGC Magazine did similar back in the day.

Edge did it as one of their trademark cryptic Next Month pages- a world map with no Japan, US or Europe, because the big feature next month was development outside those traditional three territories.

Cue whoever it is who always brings up the time Edge did a bit about Swedish developers
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 23:22

I'm kinda-happy that the 3DS XL exists, but I do wish they'd just built the original with 2 circle pads. I don't think it would've stifled creativity as some Nintendo execs put it, and the market-splitting peripheral hasn't surfaced. Having said that, the most successful games haven't needed that, and now the gimmickry's settled down, it's OK as it is  Grin  #copoutanswer
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 23:40

a slot to hold a second game cartridge. That way I could swap games without having to have a container. It would be useful for when I take it out and about, I don't like committing to one 3DS game for a whole day, discounting my downloaded titles of course.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 0:28

I've been thinking about this, especially since the OG 3DS has essentailly been removed from www.nintendo.com. (Only available in pink and purple from one retailer now.) This naturally made me think of what they could possibly add to a replacement OG 3DS...

Then it hit me...

What is going to be released for 3DS later on? An NFC reader... Therefore, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to have a new 3DS model with an NFC reader already built in, bundled with a Mario figurine and a game.

As for countries... apparently, different regions have different maps available.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 16:15

I'd love for Activity Log data to be tied to a Miiverse profile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?   If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be? Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could add any feature/function to the 3DS, what would it be?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: