We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 17:31

Spider-Man is my favourite superhero, and swinging like him or someone with an ODM unit is what I fantasise about most now. In fact, Spider-Man stuff, be it films, comicbooks or whatever, is the one place where no amount of spider imagery bothers me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 11:56

I love going to the shops at 9 in the evening to pick up $15 worth of groceries and then finding a $20 note on the way home!   Grin

Spider-man rocks!  It's honestly the comic book series I ever gelled with, alas I only ever got to get the first 24 volumes of Ultimate Spider-man before the drain on my wallet forced me to pick between it and anime stuff.  A choice I think we all know which I went with. I still hold out hope that someday when I've caught up with games I'll be able to properly look in to Spidey though!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 14:12

The beauty of Spider-Man is that as well as gun superheroics, you also get a soap opera. I care as much about Peter trying to hold his life together as I do him beating the month's villain. The other big bonus is that you can more or less read Spidey without worrying about the rest of the Marvel universe too much. I stopped when he got dragged into all the Secret Wars reboot nonsense but I'll go back soon.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 14:18

Price was always somethign that put me off comics, also the fact that I hate jumping in to something in the middle, but Marvel Unlimited has allowed me to overcome both of those obstacles. I've using this guide and I'm well into all of the comics now (except Dr. Strange, I still think he's a little bit boring).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 19:46

Price is the big issue. When I was younger, I had an uncle who lived with his parents and bought stacks and stacks of comics every month, so I was up to date with everything going on in Marvel DC. Now he's gone and found himself a missus and moved out, he doesn't buy them any more and there's no way I can afford to on that scale, so I just get Spidey and the couple of ongoing Transformers series.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 21:55

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Price was always somethign that put me off comics, also the fact that I hate jumping in to something in the middle, but Marvel Unlimited has allowed me to overcome both of those obstacles. I've using this guide and I'm well into all of the comics now (except Dr. Strange, I still think he's a little bit boring).

Is Marvel Unlimited worth it? I started working my way through the reading list you linked with a free trial I had for Marvel Unlimited a while back, but there were a lot of missing comics from the list. How much is it as well? I'd be game for getting back into comics if it was reasonably priced and had pretty much everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 22:49

It's $10 a month, or you can buy a year for $69 (which I really need to get around to). The list I'm using hasn't had any missing and I tend to read 2-4 comics a day so I'm more than getting my moneys worth out of it!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:55

Mark my words Tony Abbott is going to challenge for the leadership again soon. He's not just blatantly flouting Turnbulls authority right now, he's honest to god electioneering! Australian politics continue to be the best soap opera on telly, honestly someone needs to make a full on drama series of the last six years of politics!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptySat 12 Mar 2016 - 23:15

I think I was an aspiring gaming illustrator as a younger chap - found this work of art in an old notebook of mine dated 2004.

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 VMhihl9
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 7:01

The Movies post was getting too big for the forum's software to handle, so I locked it. Thumbs Up! Movies II coming soon to a theatre near you! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 13:21

As I've jumped in and sneakily edited into Shanks's post, I recommend Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo as our title for that right said thread.
Back to top Go down
euan707
Philips CD-i Title
euan707

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 16:34

Morning folks, long time no see.

So, basically, I'm running a game over on SONM. It's a murder mystery type thing and we need 3 more players before we can start. It's pretty similar to Mafia if you've ever played that. If you were thinking of taking a trip over to SONM at any point, I'd say FG&Q is the safest place to go (although no where is safe from my puns). Come on over and give it a go!

The Safe House
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 9:06

Just went through my emails for the first time in a week, only to find booktopia's "mothers day gift ideas".  Filled with books I'd have thrown straight at my head if I gave them to my mother for a gift!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 22:02

You can't say that and not give examples!

Euan, while I've always been interested in Mafia, I am either shite at it or get way too into it, so I'll leave that one.  Might give the game a look once it's in progress though.  The psychology and roles at play fascinate me.  (EDIT: Seems you filled up just fine.) (EDITEDIT: Although it does seem to be mostly anime shitposting.)

The same applies to competitive Pokémon to an extent, where the mechanics (and the reliance on "prediction"  = coin flips) are too much for me, but where I'm very interested in the general scene, favourite 'mons etc.  Same with Smash, Starcraft, a fair few board games...  My over-competitive nature/straight-line thinking prevents me from playing and enjoying several games that fascinate me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 3:15

Examples of the books I'd give her as gifts or the recommendations the email had?  

The email listed a bunch of super stereotypical things, flavour of the month romance, weight loss books, and cookbooks (kinda contradictory combination there you'd think Laughing ).  As for what I'd get her, well, things like Dune.  Or Mistborn.  Things typically need a bit of bite to get on her bookshelf.

Truth be told she's more out there than I am with her entertainment consumption.  She's the one who got me to watch doctor who when it had its 2005 revival for example.  

I wouldn't really say competitive Pokemon is coin flipping with predictions, it's more about figuring out what sort of person the opponent is from the way they're playing (are they pulling switches all the time?  Are they staying in all the time?  Do they go straight for SE attacks?) and then figuring out what they're going to do based on their behaviour.  I don't really do predictions myself.  And of course there's some players who are waaaay too good at predicting to be coin flipping.

I have discovered the miracles of coffee, the world is my oyster! Seriously though not being able to wake up for four or so hours has been a problem for months, and now one quick easy to make beverage has solved it, I feel so alive!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 7:58

Ah. 'Cause she's a woman. Rolling Eyes

Maybe you can read the person, maybe you can't. At higher levels, I presume that the players are thinking, "I know that you know that I know what the best move is to make in this situation", and try to deliebrately obfuscate their behaviour. I've read warstories of players doing this precise thing. Then it becomes a case of "wine in front of me".
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 16:11

Athrun888 wrote:
I have discovered the miracles of coffee, the world is my oyster!   Seriously though not being able to wake up for four or so hours has been a problem for months, and now one quick easy to make beverage has solved it, I feel so alive!

You're in the golden stage. I've gone through that and come out the other side: now I'm a coffee addict who feels like absolute death unless he gets his caffeine...
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 16:33

Balladeer wrote:
Ah.  'Cause she's a woman. Rolling Eyes

Maybe you can read the person, maybe you can't.  At higher levels, I presume that the players are thinking, "I know that you know that I know what the best move is to make in this situation", and try to deliebrately obfuscate their behaviour.  I've read warstories of players doing this precise thing.  Then it becomes a case of "wine in front of me".

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 19:58

I need to watch The Princess Bride. Never have. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 21:26

Sort your life out, Balla! Quality film.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 15:28

I'm off to France at 3AM tonight. I'll be online a bit, we have wifi in the chalet, but I obviously won't be as active as usual when I'm sliding down hills with planks of wood strapped to my feet.

Make sure you all get your Zelda Tingle votes in! I want taglines, nagging, and effort from all of you.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 15:41

We'll see what we can do, Monsieur! Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 12:25

Enjoy France Drunka! The food and drink are superb, although I loathe skiing.

New avatar! I always liked the Powerpuff Girls when I was younger, so I'll happily jump on board this particular bandwagon for a while.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 8:37

That's awesome! I'd only seen girls; I didn't know you can do male ones (although I suspect my baldy/beardy combo won't be applicable).
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 14:29

My flat neighbour is on a week holiday, I can be as loud as I want in the middle of the night YAHOOO!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next