We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Go down 
+17
Silver light
Jimbob
Xelviar
Rum
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
The_Jaster
masofdas
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
Buskalilly
Balladeer
shanks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 0:12

I'm starting to wonder if I've missed getting a fishing rod.. I'm currently at Fortree with no means of going fishing and I want a Feebas
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 18:07

I don't remember exactly but I believe the Old Rod is in Dewford and the Good Rod is back at the start of route you just went through to get the Fortree.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:55

Ah cool I'll go hunt them down
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 7:27

Update time: Since the last update I've fought and defeated the Fortree gym leader, there was a point where I thought I might lose because all of my team was physical attackers and the Altaria had got off two Cotton Guards making its defense stat impossible to surpass by even my strongest attacker.

Thankfully Lord Kipper the now fully evolved Swampert scored a critical hit with Rock Slide which bypasses defense boosts and took it out.  I've had a few other close calls, I almost lost Shroomio to a full power Water Spout from May's Wailord (she actually fully evolves her starter in this game!!), and an enemy Sharpedo almost killed Aqua Mouse with Poison Fang.

Meanwhile I've caught several newcomers.  First there was King Boo the Shuppet from Route 123, Cyclops the Duskull from Mount Pyre, Eren Yeager2 the Magikarp from the route around Mount Pyre, and finally the top percent of Pelliper in Lillycove.  I'm currently on my way to try and stop Team Aqua from stealing a submarine.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 19:54

Crowdsourcing my Pokémon's names from Twitter is working brilliantly, but is slowing the game down somewhat. I have to turn down the volume when I'm waiting for a name to drop in; otherwise, that blinking music will make an axe murderer of me. Names have come from my buddy Colin, Cap (GIANA SISTER, the cheeky scamp!), Drunka and Dusty. Good times. Now I just have to make it to that first Gym, unlock the StreetPass and pray for the Eon Ticket to come my way...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 15:10

I've just used fly for the first time in the game, and I have something to announce.  You can fly to routes now!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 7:08

Just caught a Ralts (The Raltster, Cap's choice), which tells you how far along I am. Embarrassed A play session of a good few hours is what's needed here... and without the lure of stupid Picross, either! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 11:51

I don't know how much this has been spoken about, but I love the hidden Pokemon with moves they wouldn't normally have by levelling up. I gots me a Skarmory with Drill Peck and a Lotad with Teeter Dance, although didn't manage to catch the Taillow with Sky Attack. Aww!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 22:11

No Battle Frontier. I am very sad about this: Emerald's Frontier was one of the best parts to the game once it gets open ended.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 6:56

I'd resigned myself to the likelihood of it not being in before the games came out, but it is still a shame they didn't include it. I just hope they don't completely ignore making one for the inevitable third version of x and y, after black and white 2 I hope they haven't got it in their heads to just stop making battle frontiers, and in place giving us very samey and ultimately boring post game facilities like black and white 2's pokemon world tournament.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:10

Yup, samey is a great word for this. The joy of more competitive Pokemon battles has been sucked out of these games. I still will give the Battle Maison a go like I did Black/White's Battle Subway, but this is something we've been doing for years now.

On the plus side didn't Diamond and Pearl have a Battle Frontier before Platinum came along. Game Freak will have no excuse when the inevitable remake comes along in 2018!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 3:09

I had fun this morning trying to catch Groudon first attempt took me 20 min before I ran out of Pokeballs. Second attempt was one attack and a quick ball and was done
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 7:18

Good work, shanks! Thumbs Up! I am Pokémiles away from that point: it's the first Gym for me! Got to put together a crack squad to take it down. Grin
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 13:31

I've been really lucky with catching Pokemon on this. My Gardevoir still knows hypnosis, so both Kyogre and Rayquaza were caught with two and one Ultra ball respectively.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 15:04

I fully plan on killing my Kyogre when I meet it. All legendary pokemon have a default of at least three perfect iv's now, so I'm not even considering catching any of them until post-nuzlocke where I can import my gang from Y and get myself a top percent timid kyogre.

And on the battle facility note, nah, the frontier has been exclusive to third versions since it was created in emerald, only appearing in emerald and platinum, it was a selling point used for both games as well. Heart gold and soul silver were just lucky that they came after platinum and got thrown it as leftovers.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyTue 9 Dec 2014 - 2:30

I'm not having any luck with the legendaries.. I even had trouble today with Mespirit and that's with Raichu using nuzzle to paralyze it
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyTue 9 Dec 2014 - 5:32

Do they have the O-powers in these games? I haven't checked the online features yet, but if they do you could try using that to boost your odds of catching a pokemon significantly.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyTue 9 Dec 2014 - 5:41

I don't know if they do or not, I haven't even thought to check. If they do I'd only need the boost for the legendaries as every other Pokemon I've gone after has been simple to catch. Where yeah I went through a lot of balls to finally catch Mespirit
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyTue 9 Dec 2014 - 11:48

Athrun888 wrote:
Do they have the O-powers in these games?  I haven't checked the online features yet, but if they do you could try using that to boost your odds of catching a pokemon significantly.

Yep there,

I'm just heading to the 6th Gym, hopefully play a bit of this today and finish it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 6:49

Unlocked StreetPass a couple of days ago; I knew the Eon Ticket was going around at work, and indeed I have it now. However, my crippling Picross addiction is causing me to stall badly. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 9:36

I'm now just over 15hrs in just done the 7th gym and of to get Groudon.

My team at the moment is
Swampert with Mega
Pidgeot with Mega
Altaria with Mega
Latios with Mega
Latias
Gardevoir, soon will have mega

I think I will drop Latias for Groudon.
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 19:17

Since I've completed the core game and the fantastic Delta Episode, I'm working hard to find the remaining mega stones and a bigger task: A Living Pokédex! Shocked

Yep! that's getting all 719 (721 when the devs feel like it) Pokémon on every possible spot in 24 (or 25) boxes, and I already have the majority, including all available legendaries. Just got a few to breed and/or evolve once. and the ones which may give me most problems is if that Evolution line spans 2 or more gens (I'm looking at you Murkrow!) so I'll keep grinding when I can! Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyFri 12 Dec 2014 - 7:24

I'm currently running about everywhere trying to get the Eon ticket so I can go get Latias as I prefer her over Latios
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyFri 12 Dec 2014 - 7:34

I've got an Eon Ticket, shanks - is there any way to get it over to you?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 EmptyFri 12 Dec 2014 - 13:40

Unfortunately it's only passable through Street pass Meh

Hopefully someone in the state will have it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next