We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)

Go down 
+17
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Gwyn400
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
fronkhead
Axis1500
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
shanks
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

North Pole or South Pole
North Pole - bears and sheet ice!
Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 Vote_lcap55%Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
South Pole - penguins and a continent!
Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 Vote_lcap45%Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 11:59

I should go for Red as I had that back in the day but I can't in good conscience choose the colour Red over Blue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016 - 22:25

Last ever splatfest is happening on the last weekend of July, and it's Callie vs. Marie. I haven't played much of it recently but I'll have to brush up my skills for the final showdown.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 17:15

Bit of a disappointment it's the last, surely doesn't take too much effort to keep doing them and I'm sure it's something that keeps people coming back. I'm probably just being salty due to the fact I've only been able to play a handful of Splatfests so far.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 19:22

It's so when the NX version comes out they can focus on that instead.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptySat 2 Jul 2016 - 18:42

Spla2n. NX Launch. Believe.

Staaaaay fresh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptySun 3 Jul 2016 - 10:06

Yeah - given its almost-unexpected success, there's bound to be something in the works for NX.

On the Splatfest itself, it seems a bit mean to vote on two characters that are still quite new in the gaming public's consciousness, and don't, despite their pop-star status, have much of a back story.
It's Callie, right? She seems more fun
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptySun 3 Jul 2016 - 20:18

The only thing that makes me think a sequel won't happen on NX is that it's still up in the air whether the NX controller has a screen on it or not, the game wouldn't feel the same if the map was on the TV screen & if it was there'd be no way to jump to your team mates quickly.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptySun 3 Jul 2016 - 20:21

I was talking about the much rumored remasters for the NX which includes Splatoon also if the NX is hybrid, it have a screen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptySun 3 Jul 2016 - 20:26

The big thing that make me think otherwise is the clear gamepad changes they have made to Zelda: BotW.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 17:07

I guess if you're playing on the go you don't get the map etc but if you plat home with a TV, you get the map on the screen.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 21:46

I have faith they could make a good Splatoon game without the screen in the controller, but that's because they're smarter than me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 22:01

Well if they can do a Chinese rip-off for phones fine, I don't think the whole playing on a screen on the hybrid controller when on the go would be a issue, if it's not I can't see it being a issue it would just be come more of a traditional 3rd person shooter without a screen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 22:45

masofdas wrote:
I guess if you're playing on the go you don't get the map etc but if you play home with a TV, you get the map on the screen.

Do you mean for Zelda or Splatoon? I wouldn't be keen on either of them doing that in any case.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I have faith they could make a good Splatoon game without the screen in the controller, but that's because they're smarter than me.

They probably could but I worry that they'd see the touchscreen features as a key part of the games design & not want to do it because of that, plus I've had a go at classic controls in Splatoon local co-op and they aren't as good as the gamepad set up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 16:04

I mean either game, Zelda we've played for years without a map on the screen and we know BotW can be played with the Pro U.

On Splat you have to think they have to continue the game with a sequel at some point along with the much rumored remaster, which means either the NX has a screen on the controller or they figure out away to play the game without a screen which like Drunka says Nintendo will figure it out.

Maybe they use the buddy system and I can leap to my buddy on the map.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 22:55

They could have a UI bar that shows when the player is at spawn which you could use so pick and jump to an ally. Progress could be seen by having a minimap of the area around the player and a real-time progress bar like the one judd displays after a game. I'd draw the line there on UI though because cluttered screens look messy.
No ideas about doing inkstikes though...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 2:23

masofdas wrote:
I mean either game, Zelda we've played for years without a map on the screen and we know BotW can be played with the Pro U.

On Splat you have to think they have to continue the game with a sequel at some point along with the much rumored remaster, which means either the NX has a screen on the controller or they figure out away to play the game without a screen which like Drunka says Nintendo will figure it out.

Maybe they use the buddy system and I can leap to my buddy on the map.

My point was that a touchscreen is integral for Splatoon to work, if NX has no screen on it's controller which could be likely looking at the big changes to BotW then I can see Nintendo not doing it for that reason because it means really adjusting how the core game works.

I want a Splatoon 2 as it is one my favourites on wii U but I'd say it's up in the air until we know what the NX actually is.

NintenDUCK wrote:
They could have a UI bar that shows when the player is at spawn which you could use so pick and jump to an ally. Progress could be seen by having a minimap of the area around the player and a real-time progress bar like the one judd displays after a game. I'd draw the line there on UI though because cluttered screens look messy.
No ideas about doing inkstikes though...

I didn't even think of inkstrikes & all the other abilities that use the screen, this makes a version without a gamepad even harder to do IMO.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 5:41

To be honest, I don't think I've ever used the touchscreen in the game unless it's so natural I don't think about it.

But if I had to say either way is Splatoon happening in some form on NX, then it would be a Yes especially if we get these remasters day one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 8:52

It certainly does become second nature which is why I think I forgot about the Ink strikes etc.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 0:34

I'd say it's very natural but at the same time they could quite easily work around it, the example of spawning could easily be to show a map on screen very quickly after respawning and mapping each team mate to a different button.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 17:28

Yeah I think that Splatoon could fairly easily be mapped to a standard controller and make a smooth transition.

What I'd like to see in a sequel is, in addition to all the current maps, maps which feature some of the single player mechanics for some added variety.

Ultimately I'd still be happy with more of the same though; the quality of the launched Splatoon was high enough to see it on the shortlist for games of this generation in my book.

Fresh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11