We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Fox 0

Go down 
+13
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
beemoh
fronkhead
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Balladeer
masofdas
Jimbob
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 21:23

So, having finished watching the E3 video, I went on Twitch for a laugh to see what's happening on the Treehouse thing.
I expected: 4 dull people playing Mario Party 10
I got: Miyamoto speaking, and Bill Trinen translating "so please look forward to Starfox on WiiU"

I know there's a general E3 thing elsewhere, but, hey, we're gonna need this topic in the next year, right?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 21:24

Yeah we will
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 21:56

No problem with that! We can use this for everything we want to see in said Starfox.

I'm... not even sure what that is, though. Just not multiple paths like in Command.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2014 - 22:16

Lylat Wars turned up to 11 in 1080p. Job done.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 5:49

That footage of Mr Miyamoto playing starfox wii U wasn't actually blurred out, that's how it looks.  Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 8:33

Command or Adventure 2 please, none of that Lylat Wars bollocks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 9:01

Drunkalilly wrote:
Lylat Wars turned up to 11 in 1080p. Job done.

There's nothing much you can really add to that, is there? Maybe a better multiplayer, and a level select.

I would quite like to see a few more levels with multiple routes in them, and perhaps some more open-worldy stuff... But Starfox hasn't really excelled when it's deviated from the formula, so LW2 will do for now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 10:53

andyman949 wrote:
Command or Adventure 2 please, none of that Lylat Wars bollocks.

My reaction reading this vile post:

Star Fox 0 Tumblr_m2j323N5XM1qzqnxxo1_500
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 10:57

I just ignored it, but now that Jay's drawn attention to it:

Star Fox 0 Madness
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:15

I also wouldn't mind a adventure 2, the first was a good game but people just moaned as it wasn't a proper starfox game but if it was called dinosaur planet it would of all been fine.

I don't know if I could play a starfox game now which was just flying for what we thinking a 8hr game at least, it needs something to break it up in between.

But I trust Nintendo do, something good.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:44

After the brilliant KIU I really can't see just flying around holding down a button merely for the sake of points being anywhere near as fun. Adventures was amazing though. I also really liked the tactical aspects of Command and the branching story was ace.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:16

The Starfox series has quite a varied history - for me, it needs to be ditched in favour of a return to the on-rails brilliance of old. Let's get something Lylat Wars-y (with apologies to Mr. man949) with multiple systems to traverse and several routes through each. Content is key here and something that can be finished in an hour or so, even if it is incredibly high quality, will not cut it for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 13:19

That needs no apology whatsoever, ZJ. Andyman is just continuing to be as wrong as usual.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 14:32

More information? The current existing game seems to have dual analogue controls, and the demo. had three modes, including a curious helicopter-ish one. If one analogue is for aiming, hopefully that can be substituted for the Wiimote pointer, which I found very helpful in MP3.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 16:22

Given Nintendo's relentless commitment to its different control systems, I think Wiimote controls will be an option. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if you could use the Balance Board in some way. Shocked
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 0:52

A pleasant surprise, though such a shame TIME spoiled it ahead of the real event. I have a feeling both Project Giant Robot and Project Guard may turn out to be bits of StarFox in the end, especially now that we know the cameras in Project Guard have StarFox logos on them. They fit pretty well into what I'd imagine a new experience StarFox game will be like. And looked like bonkers fun, watching Treehouse play it and the developers choose such crazy robot setups never got old, and if the game's this fun to watch, it has to be even more fun to play.

Balladeer wrote:
More information?  The current existing game seems to have dual analogue controls, and the demo. had three modes, including a curious helicopter-ish one.  If one analogue is for aiming, hopefully that can be substituted for the Wiimote pointer, which I found very helpful in MP3.

Hm, I was originally under the impression that like Project Giant Robot, this needs both the Wii U GamePad screen, the gyroscopes and the analogue sticks? I'm all for new control schemes, though, but it's a shame Miyamoto isn't just crafting one experience. Of course, if all control schemes feel fantastic, no problem. Really enjoyed switching to the Wii Remote controls in Pikmin 3, they were perfectly tuned, and I'll be trying out those new touch controls soon too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 8:42

I... don't want the other games to be part of Starfox. I wouldn't be against them using the gamepad as an integral part of the setup, not one bit, but I'd rather see them concentrate principally on the fly-and-shoot style of gameplay that everyone loves, rather than making Starfoxtendo Land.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 11:47

Balladeer wrote:
I... don't want the other games to be part of Starfox.  I wouldn't be against them using the gamepad as an integral part of the setup, not one bit, but I'd rather see them concentrate principally on the fly-and-shoot style of gameplay that everyone loves, rather than making Starfoxtendo Land.

Poor Landmaster and Submarine thingy, I enjoyed piloting the different vehicles in 64.

Miyamoto did mention the possibility of mechs for StarFox Wii U, though. http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/13/miyamoto-thinking-including-mechs-star-fox-wii-u/

In the TIME magazine interview I seem to remember Miyamoto also saying it might take around 30 minutes to an hour to master the controls, which I'm all for. I enjoy subtlety in control mechanics, which makes for a far more satisfying game than something you can just master straight away. Think about how satisfying it is to control Mario in, say, Mario 64: there's mastery at play there.

If Miyamoto can bring that feeling to all vehicle types in StarFox Wii U, I'll be over the moon.

"Meanwhile, Wired reports that Star Fox for Wii U has been prototyped entirely within Nintendo, and that the company is now looking for an external developer to take on the project and see it through to the end."

Pleasedon'tbeNamcoPleasedon'tbeNamco
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 11:58

fronkhead wrote:
Pleasedon'tbeNamcoPleasedon'tbeNamco

*ears prick up at Data Design*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 12:40

Drive-and-shoot, then.  Pilot-and-shoot. Not move-cameras-and-shoot. If they can get the mechs to be a bit less clunky, a bit more satisfying, I'd be up for those. I don't mind learning controls (KIU is one of my favourite 3DS games), but if they're still frustrating after an hour, if my mech keeps falling over, I wouldn't be so keen.

If Namco get in, we'll probably see Pac-Man as a secret character. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 13:01

My top pick to develop starfox wii U is definitely Treasure, it's just time to see them back in the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyMon 16 Jun 2014 - 22:12

My uncle who works at Nintendo  Tongue said that BioWare are working on this and it's Mass Effect but with Starfox.

But srs, any news is good news.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 14:22

So, there's a good NeoGAF thread covering information I somehow missed. I'll cut and paste it here, because I'm sure this will be news to some of you too. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843119&highlight=starfox

Quote :

The following features are all CONFIRMED.

In terms of general format, Miyamoto referenced the TV show "Thunderbirds" as an inspiration, saying this Star Fox will be less like a movie and more like a TV show. Elaborating on this, he explained you'll have a variety of scenarios that you can pick up and play. The game will be structured episodically (read: this doesn't mean released episodically). Miyamoto said you can think of it as "primetime programming" (the tried-and-true Star Fox gameplay) supplemented by "late-night programming" (quirkier, more experimental fare). The tower defense prototype Project Guard features Star Fox insignia, and Miyamoto hinted this may end up in Star Fox as an example of the "late-night programming."

Aside from the TV format, this Star Fox is also like Thunderbirds in that the player will use a variety of vehicles and mechs. Your Arwing can touch down on the ground and transform into the Landmaster, similar to the mech concept in the cancelled Star Fox II on the Super NES. Players can also control a slow-moving helicopter, new to the series, and simultaneously collect various items on platforms using a robot on a tether. The robot can also fire at enemies to defend itself.

You will have all-range mode in the Arwing, which select members of the press got to try in a dogfight against Star Wolf. You will also have what Miyamoto calls "valley mode," where you're on-rails. This time, however, the GamePad's gyro allows you to aim in one direction while flying in another, rather than your aim always being locked to your path of flight. The GamePad's screen also provides an alternate POV from the ship's cockpit, which will allow you to see details in the environment that you won't see on the TV, and vice-versa, so you'll have to look at both screens in order to succeed. For example, sometimes enemies will flank you and you'll use the TV to outmaneuver them, but then you'll look at the GamePad to shoot down an intricate array of enemies with precision.

The game will also feature cutscenes that play out across both screens (TV and GamePad), giving you multiple perspectives on the situation. Slippy, Peppy and Falco also communicate to you through the speakers on the GamePad.

There will also be a co-op mode where one player can control the vehicle on the TV using the Pro Controller, and the other player can be the gunner using the GamePad. The tethered robot is one example of this mode.

This sounds very good to me. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 14:44

I think I'd need a more reliable source than 'Gaf to believe much of that.  I can well believe that they've included some experimental stuff, including Project Guard, in the game; as for the co-op, I have yet to be convinced.

It'd be good if true, though.  Just don't skimp on the main adventure in favour of experiments thanks muchly.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 15:01

Balladeer wrote:
I think I'd need a more reliable source than 'Gaf to believe much of that.  I can well believe that they've included some experimental stuff, including Project Guard, in the game; as for the co-op, I have yet to be convinced.

It'd be good if true, though.  Just don't skimp on the main adventure in favour of experiments thanks muchly.

GAF were just outlining what Miyamoto already divulged in various interviews, which is what I used as my basis earlier on in the thread.

Edit: click on that Siliconera link above, it pretty much sums up Miyamoto's interview with Entertainment Weekly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Fox 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Fox 0   Star Fox 0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Fox 0
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next