We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
+21
Kriken
gjones
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Cube
Admin
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Axis1500
Rum
beemoh
fronkhead
2grundies
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2019 - 11:21

Still can't believe you can't change the number of sets you play in Mario Aces
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2019 - 20:01

I know, it's mad and I still don't know why. Can't be hard to add!

masofdas wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Tune in next time when I'll try Sonic Mania and Gris and call them both 'mediocre', thus further increasing my Disappointed Forumites Ratio.

You'd be correct.

He's always been a disappointment

Me right now:

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 Tumblr_inline_nqqxknfmnw1t90roa_500
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptySun 31 Mar 2019 - 21:04

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 Cover-video011

Last week the f2p version of DOA6 arrived, which lets you play as 4 fighters and do everything apart from the story mode. The things you can buy are new characters on their own or packs and the story mode.

With this in mind, you'd think the game wouldn't feel like a mobile game, well it does as even if you walked into GAME and bought the retail version you would still have to grind and I mean grind for new costumes, gallery items etc

I unlocked maybe half of the achievements and only played as Kasumi but only unlocked enough parts for one costumes for Hitomi. I was going to buy the story mode pack, but from the sounds of it, it's just something to grind parts for more costumes.

The game still plays great but very much feels like this should have been f2p from the start and you buy loot boxes with costumes or gallery items in.

What you really came here for is

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 1535093680_288415_1535098306_noticia_normal

You, Me, the dog next door should have seen this coming as I've played Demon, Dark Trilogy and Bloodborne and you know it's going to come back to this thread.

Now I did take your tips on board guys and did give it another go early in the week but actually talking to some other peeps after they decided FAR Lone Sails isn't a proper game but Mortal Komabt 11 is, that I could spend the next month gitting gud at Sekiro and I do think back in the day when it would have been my only new game, I would have given it the time.

Yet I can use this time to play random games in my backlog such as Fe over having my patients tested.

That it does sort of come down to too many games, my patients as a gamer now in 2019 then let's say 1998 and fine with that.

With that said I do think this is the GOTY, it's visually the best From game, the combat is satisfying, swinging around is cool that it does have a lot going for it along with cinematics that adds to the experience.

That it is an amazing game but isn't for me and everything doesn't have to be.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2019 - 3:02

You really should get your patients tested, otherwise how will you decide on a course of treatment?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2019 - 7:07

That one was worthy of me Drunka. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Balanced level-headed take there from the Mas-ter.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2019 - 19:07

I'll post about finishing Sekiro in 2022 - I'm going through it at a glacial pace. Loving it, mind you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 22:08

Dead or Alive 6 - is that Free 2 Play on PS4? I had DOA5: Core Fighters and really enjoyed it, and don't feel like paying top dollar for a fighting game in 2019. I would probably get Soul Calibur 6, Tekken 7 and Dead or Alive 6, if they were £15 each. One day!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 22:12

Yeah it's on PS4 as well, it was a okay afternoon but fighting games have moved on and it's a utter grind with little reward.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 21:25

Tekken 7 goes on sale semi-regularly and is well worth it to boot. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 17:34

After one too many crashes, I gave up on Vampyr. I wish it was never on sale. That way I wouldn't have picked it up and had dontnod's rep sullied.

Not atrocious by any means, Vampyr's biggest sin is just how totally bland every aspect if the game is. That, compounded by its regular crashing and dreadful loading times, makes this one to avoid like the plague.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 17:37

That's just come to Game Pass and a mate of mine said it was one of his favourite games of last year but he did say to play Prey first though out of the recent additions.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 18:59

Maybe it gets better later? Might be worth a punt if its free and you're a fan of the genre
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 5:06

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 H2x1_NSwitchDS_DeepOnes_image1600w

You might remember me raving about this one after the demo. I love the soundtrack, the visuals call back to a period in gaming which is often ignored and the name and description implied a Lovecraftian horror vibe. What you actually get is a daft undersea Disney adventure with skeleton pirates and crabs and stuff, which not only looks like an old ZX Spectrum game but also plays like one. After bashing my head against horrible platforming for a night I just asked myself "Why am I doing this? It isn't even good." and went to bed.

Maybe Jimbob will like it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 10:44

Drunkalilly wrote:
Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 H2x1_NSwitchDS_DeepOnes_image1600w

You might remember me raving about this one after the demo. I love the soundtrack, the visuals call back to a period in gaming which is often ignored and the name and description implied a Lovecraftian horror vibe. What you actually get is a daft undersea Disney adventure with skeleton pirates and crabs and stuff, which not only looks like an old ZX Spectrum game but also plays like one. After bashing my head against horrible platforming for a night I just asked myself "Why am I doing this? It isn't even good." and went to bed.

Maybe Jimbob will like it.
SOLD
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 14:26

OnRush (PS4)

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 ONRUSH-crash

OnRush caught me by surprise, as it's a really fun arcade-style racer that's a little bit Burnout Revenge, a little bit FlatOut and more than a bit Excite Truck. Throw in the online Rocket League style "constantly unlocking things" element and you're left with a fun, easy to digest slice of crash-n-bash.

The point of the game is to win a 6 v 6 match, involving two teams driving around a course, trying to race through flashing goalposts (think slalom skiing). This boosts a score meter (this time, think NBA Street Gamebreakers) until the first team fills their meter, and wins. You get points for taking out opponents, which stops them for 5 seconds from competing, and while the levels aren't particularly memorable, it plays really well. I don't think it's got a unique enough art design to breakaway from the Rocket League comparisons (they just slapped dubstep and bright colours on it) but it's well worth checking out.

7.5/10
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 15:13

Agreed - liked OnRush, had my fun with it and I'll recommend it, but I came nowhere close to finishing it before I moved on to the next thing.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 21:38

Same here, as fun as it was the presentation was just drab and found myself getting bored of it before Ishould have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptySat 18 May 2019 - 12:56

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 Apex-featured-image-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w

You can't really finish a BR game like this, just I've stopped playing this recently and same goes for who EofGiz & CW whom I was playing it with. Now I may go back to it as it does play great and made go hey BR's can work after playing some PUBG, Fortnite and Blackout.

Just the one map over and over again, now with randoms even with the ping system has started to get boring.

I'm hoping for one thing from EA at E3 is for something new as I could see us jumping back on.

#CrossplayforApex
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 18:20

Yeah, I've definitely got bored with the current state of the game. I suppose that's a peril of not having regular updates like its competitors in that it's not easy to keep people playing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 19:40

I'm seeing a rumour of new maps floating about but I don't see that arriving in season 2 but at least we had that quality win when we were paying more attention to the recent state of play livestream than the actual game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 20:07

Aye, I've saved the footage of that win - genuinely minutes of us just hiding in the corner in bunker watching Iceborne footage. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 21:18

JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah, I've definitely got bored with the current state of the game. I suppose that's a peril of not having regular updates like its competitors in that it's not easy to keep people playing.

Oh no, Jay will have to play some other games now! Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 22:31

It's alright, I've still got SSBU and other fighting games stealing all my time!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 2:43

JayMoyles wrote:
Aye, I've saved the footage of that win - genuinely minutes of us just hiding in the corner in bunker watching Iceborne footage. Laughing

If and when Mash ever comes back, that's what we should put up as our trailer.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 EmptyThu 23 May 2019 - 1:04

Sadly, we didn't record the audio, but I'm sure we could gimmick something and make up our audio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 16 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next