If You Can’t Stand The Heat Get Out Of This Indie Direct

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Yoshi
Treesmurf

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 23:37

I forgot to mention about playing Edith Finch myself, I did complete it and went back through it to 100% it. It was enjoyable for me and I did like the story it told but I certainly didn't understand it all that much. I'd add that some of the memories (if that's what we're calling them) can be a bit underwhelming although I strangely enjoy that they're often a bit predictable at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:18

Jimbob wrote:

Will I like Gone Home better?

I enjoyed Gone Home. It was somewhat calming traipsing through the house and piecing together the story. YMMV, natch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptySat 29 Jun 2019 - 19:02

Edith has recently been announced on Switch. I'm torn now as to whether to get it. I know it's very well received, but some of what you blokes are saying concerns me, and I'm not exactly short on games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Yoshi
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptySat 29 Jun 2019 - 22:15

I enjoyed my time with it and I was thinking about it for the next week or two afterwards, I played it in one sitting too and I don't think I missed anything so in terms of the backlog it won't get in the way too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptySat 29 Jun 2019 - 22:32

I gave Edith best narrative in my 2017 GOTY awards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2019 - 21:20

A sad double-bill this week, but as we enter the part of the year where all the games come out, I have to be realistic about what I'm ever going to finish.

YOOKA-LAYLEE:

YOKU'S ISLAND EXPRESS:

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Shiny Shuckle
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2019 - 10:33

Yoku isn't even that long Sad

Pour one out for the little dung boy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2019 - 22:50

Honestly mate I tried, I really did.  He's a good beetle boy and I'm glad I gave his devs. some money.

Oh, and also:

OVERCOOKED

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 Zyckn9vijal6au8lr1pb

Because the final boss introduces random elements and apparently you don't get anything much for beating it, we're circumventing him and going on to the DLC. Overcooked is one of the best co-op. games on any platform, though, and it's well worth the purchase. We'll definitely be picking up the sequel too! 8/10
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Baby Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 10:43

Nae excuses for not finishing Yoku's Island Express! Cracking game, takes no time at all to finish!

Moving past Yooka-Laylee is a lot more understandable, though be warned: the start of Yooka-Laylee is a lot better than the start of A Hat In Time. I could see why a lot of folk would dingy A Hat In Time in the amount of time you spent playing Yooka-Laylee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 18:39

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 Civ-Switch-REview

You may remember I recently posted about Madden NFL 20 and how I felt I was done within the 10hrs you get via EA Access as I did the story mode and won the super bowl, that to me was the goal of the game.

Now I'm not saying all games need a goal in a sense as I'd happily play Tetris now and again or an Animal Crossing where you town just keeps ongoing.

Civ VI could fall into the same category as AC but the difference being it ends and less about knowing what Rover likes to do. I found myself enjoying my run I did play and I gave two of the scenarios ago as well, never thinking after I want to do that again.

I didn't sense a point, and yes I've played other Civ games most recently Civ Rev on VITA which I did replay again because of trophies. I don't think a game has benefited from trophies so much as it made me play as different leaders, win in different ways etc

I had a goal in other words to the fun gameplay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18