RIP Enrico Morricone - I Hope He Makes Lotsa Spaghetti Western Soundtracks in Heaven

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 19:14

I think it's at the point, almost three months deep, where I can make a judgement on Animal Crossing: New Horizons.  I'd say it's the best Animal Crossing experience I've had, despite not quite knowing whether that's more because of the game or the situation (lockdown, The Lady getting it, lack of other big games etc.).  I still have the same issues with it that I've had with most of the games in the series, and it's never going to make my top X games of all time, but it's been beautiful and calming and at least initially it's much better paced.  I've even picked up some of the terraforming, despite never liking creative stuff in games.

It's settled into a bit of a grind at this point that I'm constantly questioning whether I enjoy, and I reckon I'm a big game away from dropping it for good; but I've enjoyed my time with ACNH more than I expected to and don't regret picking it up.  I'm aware that this is damning with faint praise, but it's not 'my sort' of game/thing, I came into it brimming with reluctance, and I've been pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Disciple of Scullion
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 23:51

I dropped off of Animal Crossing a while ago, just kind of suddenly topped playing. It was nice while it lasted though and I'm probably only an event I'm interested in away from getting invested in it again.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Bokoblin
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 1:43

Another one for Animal Crossing, which I got bored of. Sold it for same price I got it for though, so no regrets.

Ultimately, I guess it wasn't enough of a departure from previous entries for me. It's probably the best entry but it feels like I've experienced enough of the game through Wild World and New Leaf.

Also never got to play it online because my NSO expired a few months ago and I didn't want to resub. Made things a bit more of a grind since I couldn't exploit the turnip market. Didn't want to buy online just for that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Din
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 8:20

I'm still dipping in every day and playing a little and having a lovely time, but I understand that the core AC thang is not to everyone's tastes. I'm glad some of you got a little more fun from this time than you might otherwise have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Zeta Metroid
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 12:20

Same as Buskalilly, really. I made the judgement on New Horizons a couple of months ago, which is that I think it's one of the best games I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
Rum Rapture
Bandana Waddle Dee
Rum Rapture

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 17:11

I think I've played New Horizons every day since I got it at launch, so that's over 3 months straight now. Quite a lot of short sessions, but I think that's helped me not overindulge and give up on it. That and being on furlough for the vast majority of that time...
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 19:10

I'm trying to use that formula, and for a while it's worked pretty well, but now even a little bit a day sometimes feels like a chore. Sometimes it doesn't though - and typically, it's not long after I start moaning that Nintendo announce something new and it makes me a little more excited than I was. Smile

@The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Same as Buskalilly, really. I made the judgement on New Horizons a couple of months ago, which is that I think it's one of the best games I've ever played.

This genuinely surprises me though. If you're so inclined, could I ask for a bit more detail on why you think this? I understand why people love Animal Crossing more than I do, but because of what I feel are inherent contradictions in the game's formula, I can't currently see how any Animal Crossing could be truly top tier. I'd like to be enlightened.

More on those contradictions:

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 23 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23