NEWS JUST IN: Trump banned from Facebook, Twitter and GNamer.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 27 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2021 - 11:00

I loved Vice City as a kid but I have no doubt I'd hate it if I went back. I'll carry my love of Toto's Africa to my grave, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 27 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2021 - 19:36

@The_Jaster wrote:
Yeh, I should point out that I'm not trying to convince him to buy it especially as it looks like his mind is made up but I just feel that you can never truly rule out the possibility of liking a game even if it's in a genre you don't normally play.

Ah yes, I remember the last time I took your advice and tried not to rule out that possibility... Wink

@Muss wrote:
I really enjoyed Transistor. It works really well with a good set of headphones. I think it's guilty of Supergiant's pre-Hades phase, where the soundtrack, art, and voice acting do much more heavy lifting than the actual game mechanics. I thought Transistor's battle system was quite innovative and fluid, so it's mechanics are pretty good, certainly better than Pyre's. Have not played Bastian so wouldn't know about it.

I definitely agree that the soundtrack, art, and voice acting are expected to do more heavy lifting. That said, I also agree with you about the battle system. What I played worked really nicely, and I say this as somebody who doesn't normally like strategic fighting gameplay. It just wasn't enough on its own.

@gjones wrote:
...it felt text-heavy without the great writing needed to keep my interest.

I do also agree with this.

That said, I get the feeling that my habit of being quick to say I didn't finish a game, as opposed to like GJones keeping games around to maybe play again one day, makes people think I dislike more games than I do. I didn't dislike Transistor at all, just like I don't dislike vodka in drinks. I liked bits of it! (Not the yappy sword, granted.) If I had fewer games to play I'd definitely be getting back around to it, along with various other games I've dinghied. I'm just well aware from my time spent with THE DEEP BACKLOG that, on Switch at least, and with the eShop as hotching as it is, there's no way I'll ever clean up both my backlog and all the games on my wishlist that I want to played and the new games I'm looking forward to that will have come out by then. There's always something new and shiny on the horizon. So if I'm feeling 'it's decent' on a game I'm nowhere near done with, I'm likely to punt it and not regret the decision.

That said, I can get on board with Buska's suggestion. Looks like more time for reading for me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 27 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27