We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty07/10/14, 05:09 pm

Another PR guy came out and said nothing is decided yet and the game has been in development for 4 years knowing what the SKUs can do.

To me that sounds like the game was developed fro the Xbox One more in mind, if you know it's the least powerful SKU. You would develop for that first not a 16gb of RAM PC for instance which would be top of the line.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty07/10/14, 05:13 pm

I understand not developing for a PC if you're having a multiplatform release, but I think it's very unfair for the PS4 owners who may have purchased their console on the basis that it's packing a bit more power to have to play a gimped version of Unity. Ah well - I wasn't planning to play it on launch anyway so by the time it's dropped in price it'll likely have been fixed on PC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty07/10/14, 05:15 pm

I wasn't either as I don't like AC but will other devs follow suit that's my issue.

Aren't Ubi normally awful with PC anyway.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty07/10/14, 07:40 pm

They're okay. UPlay is terrible though - wish they'd stop forcing that through.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty07/10/14, 07:45 pm

I like Uplay as it gives you in game rewards for things you've achieved, of course some of their games do it better than others but I think it's a better system then the standard trophies/achievements.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty18/10/14, 12:31 pm

Saw this game trailer, and it made me feel a bit ill.  So of course, I want to share it with all of you (that are over 18)!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty18/10/14, 01:40 pm

The_Jaster wrote:
I like Uplay as it gives you in game rewards for things you've achieved, of course some of their games do it better than others but I think it's a better system then the standard trophies/achievements.

It's fine on consoles (I like the rewards feature too) but on PC it acts as DRM, meaning if uPlay was down then it blocked you from playing your games. I got quite angry earlier this year when I tried to play Assassin's Creed only to find uPlay down.

Balladeer wrote:
Saw this game trailer, and it made me feel a bit ill.  So of course, I want to share it with all of you (that are over 18)!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg

At first I thought it was going to be "edgy teen, the game", but then all that happened. Doesn't sit right with me - it seems like a deliberate attempt at being as controversial as possible. Fuck that noise.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty18/10/14, 03:13 pm

Jay wrote:
It's fine on consoles (I like the rewards feature too) but on PC it acts as DRM, meaning if uPlay was down then it blocked you from playing your games. I got quite angry earlier this year when I tried to play Assassin's Creed only to find uPlay down.

Ahh that is a proper pain in the neck & I'd probably get just as angry.

---

On the topic of that hatred game I found that quite disgusting & I'd like to think I don't shock so easily, I think some clearly don't get why folk find it disgusting as I've seen arguments about how you can go on a killing spree in GTA (though that has consequences from the police etc) or the weird one is a comparison with Hotline Miami which is more fantastical.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty18/10/14, 07:07 pm

It's the Unreal 4 graphics on top of everything else, I think.  Trying to make it feel as real as possible.  It's the murder spree equivalent of Rapelay.

Of course, all this attention is probably exactly what the devs. were hoping for. Neutral Still, doubt any comments on GNamer will transfer into sales.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty19/10/14, 10:17 am

Blimey - remember when games used to be about fun? I'm not horrified as such - any TV program after 9PM's worse than this. But I do feel the need to offset, with
GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Screenshot1
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty19/10/14, 10:24 am

Yaaaaaaay! Sunny Love Dance
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty26/10/14, 07:49 pm

Looks like The Rotating Platform has a rival...

There's a new(?) podcast called Chat Very Good featuring (ex?) CVG/ONM staff. (Chris Scullion, Tamoor and Joe Skrebels, for example.)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/chat-very-good/id924260141?mt=2

Disclaimer: I haven't actually listened to it yet - so it could be Chat Very Bad instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty27/10/14, 10:32 am

It's chart time

This is the all format chart
1 FIFA 15
2 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION 4 EDITION
3 THE EVIL WITHIN
4 DESTINY
5 MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR
6 BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL!
7 BAYONETTA 2
8 FORZA HORIZON 2
9 ALIEN: ISOLATION
10 SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM

I don't think that's bad at all for Bayonetta 2 seeing it's a exclusive on a console with a small install base in UK and not all owners will pick it up due to age etc.

The individual chart looks like this though
1 FIFA 15 PS4
2 FIFA 15 XB360
3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION 4 EDITION PS4
4 FIFA 15 XBONE
5 FIFA 15 PS3
6 BAYONETTA 2 WII U
7 THE EVIL WITHIN PS4
8 BORDERLANDS: THE PRE-SEQUEL! XB360
7 DRIVECLUB PS4
10 FORZA HORIZON 2 XBONE

I think that's a great showing there for Bayo 2 on the individual chart. Well done everyone just hope it does well else where and reaches that OperationPlatinum target of 1m and might convince Nintendo to bring something like Fatal Frame to the west.

Also if your interest best selling 3DS game was SMASH in at 16 on the individual, CIVILIZATION: BEYOND EARTH was the highest PC at 18th, FROZEN: OLAF'S QUEST was best DS game in at 37th, JUST DANCE 2015 best Wii game at 38th which was the highest placed version of the game also SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM which is 10th on all formats only placed twice on the top 40 individual being the 360 (19th) & Wii versions (40th). Showing there's still life in the Wii.

Best VITA was FIFA15 but didn't make Top 40 individual, PSP's was FIFA 14 which of course didn't make the Top 40.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty27/10/14, 11:12 am

Good for Bayonetta 2; as you say, that's an excellent showing. The following cheeky thought occurs: are PS4 owners getting hold of Minecraft before Microsoft pulls it from the market? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty27/10/14, 11:15 am

Nope Microsoft have said they will continue to bring it to other platforms and support it. I think there going to treat it a bit like Nintendo with Pokemon that the Pokemon Company can almost do what they want with it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty27/10/14, 11:24 am

Going to download me some pseudo-CVG podcastyness when I get home. That's a stellar line-up there, although I'll still miss Rob.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty27/10/14, 02:38 pm

I think MC PS4 is just riding the same wave the made the 360 version stay at the top for so long. It's just the version for the most popular platform.

As for Chat Very Good it's a fun podcast but don't go in if you're only there for the game chat. They do a lot of general nerd culture chat. Also I think Chris had to stop doing it (sounded like CVG clamped down on it, which is a shame) Not heard the latest ep with the 2 new chaps (though I didn't enjoy Sam White's last appearance much.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty27/10/14, 03:06 pm

Ach, thanks for the warning Andy. Can't say I care a lot about general nerdy stuff: a lot of "general nerd culture" (tabletop role-playing, comic books, fantasy films, sci-fi) has passed me by to a greater or lesser degree.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty28/10/14, 09:38 am

There is a fair bit of just general banter though so if you simply like "the gang" then would be worth a listen. Just started ep 6 and I actually had to turn it off because it was making me laugh too much as I sounded insane giggling away to myself.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty28/10/14, 07:16 pm

Chat Very Good actually started before TRP. I haven't listened to it much, but I'm not sure why; I do enjoy lots of other aspects of need culture as well as vidjagames. I guess I'm just at podcast critical mass.

Hatred can Fuck off. As a teen I did use to shoot people up in GTA, sociopathic as that may be, but there weren't civilians begging for mercy and hyper real graphics. That's just purposefully unpleasant. I would preface the following statement by saying I don't usually use this sort if language but we all know that'd be a lie: the makers of that game are cunts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty29/10/14, 04:53 am

There is a point where a game goes too far and I am left thinking that for someone to not only sit down and propose it but spend months/years making it and spending god knows how much money on it that the creators have something wrong in the head and should seek help.  Hatred going by that trailer doesn't just go there, it flies there in the Millennium Falcon going at Lightspeed.

Creativity and freedom of expression is well and good, but there comes a point where something is so twisted and, well, hateful, that it cannot be justified.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty29/10/14, 09:17 am

Their justification, Athrun, is quite simply "edgy/controversial => attention => big bucks", at least in their slightly twisted minds. And apparently some people have jumped on board. Got to say, I'm really glad that none of youse on GNamer have done the same. Drunkalilly put it correctly, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty29/10/14, 12:52 pm

Well then I'll hope their stunt ends up attracting too much attention and getting their game banned completely.  Whether they're acting on their own twisted fantasies or doing this for a pay check (I honestly can't tell which I'd find more disturbing) the mind set of snapping and going on murder sprees should never be glorified.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty29/10/14, 01:00 pm

Maybe it'll stop some potential murderer from going on a real killing spree?  That's what I tell myself about Rapelay.

SALES FIGURES SALES FIGURES SALES FIGURES

Nintendo and the Wii U are doing pretty well, partly due to MK8.  More info.: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/479593/nintendo-posts-improved-financials-as-wii-u-sales-grow/

SALES FIGURES SALES FIGURES SALES FIGURES

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Horseball
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty29/10/14, 08:12 pm

Might give Chat Very Good a go, then - I have a passing interest in the rest of nerd culture. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next