We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread

Go down 
+32
Cube
fronkhead
masofdas
Buskalilly
nupkin
spacemanDOUG
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Rum
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
shanks
oldschool
ShaftVonShafterton
ShadoWolf
Dusty Knackers
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
Marzy
mandlecreed
Balladeer
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Chat Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 8:06

The bottom line. Oh xkcd.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 0:11

Have I ever mentioned how brilliant Phillips" address is in his bio? Because it is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 8:33

Yes, you've mentioned it. I don't think I've agreed though. So I agree it is superb.
Also: chandler should've got a spin off show about his trip to yemen IMO
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 9:36

The cat brought down the net curtains in the living room yesterday. More trouble than she's worth sometimes, I swear. Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 12:35

That's because cats are truly evil. :medusa: 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 13:55

NintenDUCK wrote:
Yes, you've mentioned it. I don't think I've agreed though. So I agree it is superb.
Also: chandler should've got a spin off show about his trip to yemen IMO

Couldn't have been any worse than Joey.

(Although Extras was awesome)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 18:40

The_Jaster wrote:
That's because cats are truly evil.  :medusa: 

True that. They're cruel bastards.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 10:07

She looks so sweet and innocent, sleeping on the cushion to my right! It must be something about net curtains: she ripped loads of holes in the front room nets. DAMN YOU! More discipline needed: I can see myself refilling the water pistol lots over the next few weeks!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 3:44

I've got the weekend off and I have no idea what to do.. Half tempted to get drunk and annoy the cricket thread again Razz 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 8:29

The Chat Thread - Page 19 Index

I don't have much to do this weekend either. Apart from study, natch. Sulk 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 8:33

All I've done today is sit in front of the PS3
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 12:07

The least you could do is play it...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 12:09

Oh well I did that for a while until I couldn't make up my mind as to what to play
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013 - 14:53

I'm pondering whether or not to go on my work's "team fun day".  At least this year's theme, romping around London finding stuff with a GPS device, sounds better than last year's "School Sports Day".

There is NOTHING more prone to traumatising nerds than memories of school sports days. No
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 19:15

That could work in your favour. It'd be like playing Watch_Dogs, for real. Cool
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013 - 7:22

So it seems someone finally snapped and went off their nut at the dumbass at work. Which for the rest of us think is brilliant as I had it last night on a night shift and well yeah it was not fun at all hearing "oh sweetie, oh you have a good day and touch wood" and all that crap coming out of it's fat annoying mouth.

The really annoying part is when it goes for all the easy stuff but as soon as something hard comes through it will take it's sweet time in getting to it mainly as I will leave it and make it get the alarm or what ever comes through.

Then there is the amount of food it eats.. I am not exaggerating here but it ate:
a microwave meal
rice crackers and some pink smelly dip for a good half an hour
some sort of slice
2x choc bars
more rice
another slice
1.25ltr of soft drink

Then at around 6am it had spaghetti and meatballs.. WHO HAS THAT AT 6AM?!?!? And the way it ate it you could have sworn it was a gorilla.

The only upside is I think one of the bosses are actually catching on more so that no one like it there, well she already knew as when she was doing the rosters she said that it is hard putting it on with people as no one wants to work with it what so ever..

Sorry I just had to get this out
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 6:59

I am now officially unemployed. I finalised my departure from my job. I didn't get exactly what I wanted, but suffice to say that I don't really need to work for the next year and to do so isn't great from a tax perspective. However, I have never been properly unemployed in my 34 years of working and I don't desire to start and I do have some good part time work prospects lined up, which really suits me at this stage.

The only real disappointment from the experience was that the company refused to accept the damage caused to me and resolutely stuck to a legal position of refusing to admit anything and paid me "Without Prejudice". I would have taken far less moneey and an apology. The world just doesn't work that way and that is indeed a real pity.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 9:27

So is that done, then?  End of the saga?  And you're right: it astonishes me how hard it is for so many people to say sorry, to the extent where companies would rather pay out money (however much).  It is just a word, and often you come out better for saying it than trying to sweep things under the rug.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 11:01

There's probably some sort of hideous legal standpoint that states saying "Sorry" outright will be bad for the company. From a kind of proper closure standpoint, this sucks big time. I'm with Balla in hoping that a line can now be drawn under it all so that you can get on with your life.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 14:45

It is the nature of the legalistic way the world works. It is like when you have a car accident, which it so bleedingly obviously your fault, yet you are not allowed to say you made a mistake, less your insurance company will make you regret it. It was the same when our government paid us a large sum of money, rather than apologise to us, which was all we wanted from them. As the song goes, "sorry seems to be the hardest word". Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 14:57

Nectar points statement came through today.

It said that since my last one, I'd collected exactly 1337 points. Aww yeah. Dance 
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 12:41

I have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem Awakening and Animal Crossing all arriving on the same day, soon, for my birthday on the 25th - big problem - which game am I going to play as I so desperately want to play them all and they all have a history of well over 100 hours in previous games.  First world problems Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 12:57

Pretty sure you can play 30m of Animal Crossing per day, at the same time as taking on one/both of the others.

Doesn't always happen that way, though.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 14:57

Balladeer wrote:
Pretty sure you can play 30m of Animal Crossing per day, at the same time as taking on one/both of the others.

Doesn't always happen that way, though.
That is overly optimistic. My OCD doesn't allow for that with Animal Crossing Duh! 

Fire Emblem is my favourite of all of them, so it will likely win out, but I will still try to control myself and keep Animal Crossing down to short bursts, plus a quick mission on Monster Hunter. I know I will fail, but there is also the fact that I am playing a lot of Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii at the moment and am only up to Year 2, Summer! The gamer's dilemma Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 15:39

I've been flexing my (severely atrophied) DIY muscles recently. Two new shelves in the kitchen and new net curtains in the front room and bathroom... although the cat has just taken the new ones in the lounge down. Again. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next