We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread

Go down 
+32
Cube
fronkhead
masofdas
Buskalilly
nupkin
spacemanDOUG
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Rum
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
shanks
oldschool
ShaftVonShafterton
ShadoWolf
Dusty Knackers
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
Marzy
mandlecreed
Balladeer
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Chat Thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 21:27

Oh yeah! I remember that now. I would have contributed but I have zero musical talent whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 1:48

That is really terrific news Balla, I am totally chuffed for you.
I once did try to upload a piano recital my daughter did a few years back, but my internet is so bad, it failed every time. I may try it again soon.

On a local front, I finally managed to update my new Wii U after 3 attempts. I have had a go at ZombiU and Nintendoland, which seems a lot of fun from my initial play. I lost my wallet on Friday and the Karma Universe is being kind to me, as it was returned, money intact to the local Police Station. Plus, I made it to a short list for a job, so at least I still have some employment prospects.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 7:53

Lovely string of counterexamples to Sod's Law there! Even only taking three goes to update the Wii U isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 8:07

Balladeer wrote:
Lovely string of counterexamples to Sod's Law there!  Even only taking three goes to update the Wii U isn't bad.
Oh, Murphy's Law.  I don't recall hearing that term before (other than the expression, "Oh sod it").  It is all down to Karma Balla.  I am not religious, nor even spiritual, I just believe that good things will generally follow good deeds, mainly because on the end other end, if you are an arse, then people will actively seek to get you.  I really do try to live my life positively, do good things and just be nice.  In other words, I am a wanker Laughing 

Other good news, my lost DS game of Rune Factory 3 that was shipped from Hong Kong on the 16th of August, normally taking no more than 20 days to arrive, which I had given up on as lost in the mail, finally arrived today, 44 days after being shipped. Not everything in life will always be good, but I am having a good run for the moment.

Has there been troubles updating Wii Us in the past then?  I did attempt to download a couple of demos last night, but discovered the system shut down after an hour of non use.  I need to learn more about what it does.  Anything intersting I should be looking for or using the Wii U for?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 9:44

Mine was just hopeless at connecting to the Internet and staying connected, and I don't think I'm the only one. The problems I had transferring my Wii data over... And I guess the console's big draws at the moment are Earthbound, Pikmin 3, RLegends, arguably NSMBU, and inarguably Miiverse.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 9:45

I didn't even bother transferring my Wii Data over as from what I heard that was the worst part
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 9:51

Sensible. Not only is the process tedious beyond belief, my Gamecube controllers are now worthless.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:35

Oldschool I would look out for Wind Waker, Splinter Cell, Pikmin 3, Rayman, Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter, LEGO City, Sonic Racing, Need for Speed, Earthbound. There's other's that I thought were good on other consoles like mass effect 3 but not sure if you have played or not.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 12:21

Balladeer wrote:
inarguably Miiverse.
I'd argue with that, it's a load of bollocks! The messaging system is tied up there so you can't send a quick message asking someone to play multiplayer and most of it is filled with near automated spam like I finished a level in Mario! It's nice enough for people to share drawings but I just don't get the point of it otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 12:54

Is that not what most people use it for? Drawings? I love the art functionality: the only problem is thinking of something to draw for RLegends.

Anyway, I stand corrected on the "inarguably" at least.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 14:10

If that is it then I can't argue with that. Though as someone who is neither fussed by art or drawing it's not a particularly fun feature to me.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:06

masofdas wrote:
Oldschool I would look out for Wind Waker, Splinter Cell, Pikmin 3, Rayman, Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter, LEGO City, Sonic Racing, Need for Speed, Earthbound. There's other's that I thought were good on other consoles like mass effect 3 but not sure if you have played or not.
This is where personal choice and taste really determines everything.  I have a rating system on "desire to purchase" and it works on a scale of 100%, percent meaning percentage of full retail price (Australian price) and I set it in increments of 10 - got to love metric Smile 

Anyway, looking at what is available and what you mentioned, I give:
Zelda Wind Waker HD a 70%, as I already have the original.
Splinter Cell a 0%, as I absolutely detest any game that starts with Tom Clancy (except the TBS 3DS one).
Pikmin 3 an 80%, which is the highest I give anything (I won't pay full price and this is as close as I get)
Rayman Legends a 20% as I just don't care much for platformers and even less for Rayman.
Wonderful 101 a 50%, as it looks great, but I figure it will drop in price quickly.
Monster Hunter a 70%, as I already have the Wii and 3DS games, but still want this as well.
LEGO City a 30%, as it looks fun, but it will drop in price quickly.
Sonic Racing a 20%, as it is no Mario Kart and will drop in price quickly.
Need For Speed a 20%, as it is just another NFS game, which I do like, but I am not desperate for it.
Earthbound - that is different, as it is a digital game and I at $13, I am very likely to get it sooner or later.

Other games I am looking at are: New Super Luigi U at 60% (I have Mario), Resident Evil Revelations at 50%, Game & Wario at 50% an that is probably it.  So, only Pikmin 3 is a must have for me, followed by Wind Waker and Monster Hunter.  You can see why I waited so long to get one.  The future looks great though - I am an optimist.

I have Mass Effect 1 & 2 on the Xbox, but in all honesty, I really didn't care for either and I gave them a good try. I wanted to like them, but all the dialogue options just bored the life out of me. I will most likely still pick up a very cheap copy of 3, just to complete the collection and hope one day I might find out I do like them.

Last edited by oldschool on Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:21

masofdas wrote:
There's other's that I thought were good on other consoles like mass effect 3 but not sure if you have played or not.
The thought of playing Mass Effect 3 without it a continuing save file from the previous two makes me shudder.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 15:42

What about supporting the business, OS, ya tight-fisted sod!?

And now I'm curious. What sort of game would get 90%? There must be an ideal game which, were it made, you'd get straight away for £40 (converted into AUD), surely?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:39

Andyman wrote:
The messaging system is tied up there so you can't send a quick message asking someone to play multiplayer
That could so easily be sorted if a notification system was implemented & actually alerted you when a direct message was sent during a game, I think miiverse is great I use it as a means to display certain achievements in games or ask for help when stuck.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 0:24

Balladeer wrote:
What about supporting the business, OS, ya tight-fisted sod!?

And now I'm curious.  What sort of game would get 90%?  There must be an ideal game which, were it made, you'd get straight away for £40 (converted into AUD), surely?
Yes, I am a tight-fisted sod Smile 
If I believe is highly unlikely to drop in price, or it is a very limited release, I would consider 90%, perhaps even 100%. I paid 100% for the Zelda Skyward Sword boxed set with the controller. I would probably go 90% for Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Pokemon and Fire Emblem.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:23

How hated are you by the Daily Mail?

8 questions in, and I'm hated. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:25

Nine! Curse my full-time job and British parentage.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:30

I'm loathed by them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:31

They don't like students and their lack of jobs, so that's why I was hated by 8. Laughing 

You made it to the end Mas? Shocked 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:34

Yeah I made it to the end.

Sorry i retook it and I'm actually DETESTED.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:37

Ah, I had a gander past the one I finished on and I suppose it's pretty feasible. I hope there aren't any Mail readers here, or at least ones with a sense of humour...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:38

Stop press: Masofdas is a Tory-voting bastard! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:38

No BNP Balla Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:50

Same thing. Whistle 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next