We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 18:06

Nichtendonfrustrude.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 18:15

I HATE FIRE EMBLEM CONQUEST CHAPTER 18!!  Evil or Very Mad

Okay, so let me tell everyone a little story, a story about the despair of learning a game doesn't just want to challenge you.  It actively hates you and wants you to hate yourself.  

So, chapter 18.  The player is tasked with defeating two bosses at opposite sides of the map within 20 turns.  Which sounds fine on paper.  Why is it the cheapest piece of s*** ever concieved by mankind?  The way the bosses are fortified.  

One boss is two promoted armoured tanks with defence so high my best attackers did, at best, 1 damage to it, while taking 16 at least in return.  What that means is if you attack it you die next turn.

Why can't I just send a pile of magic users in range to kill it?  Well, two reasons, the first is it's two units paired up, so kill one and you're STILL going to take that 16 damage to the face next turn.  Second is the way the map is set up you likely have your forces split up anyway.

So, that's the boss's at the bottom of the map, how about that boss at the top of the map Athrun?  Well, good luck getting to it without losing someone!  Because the boss is in a small room set up in such a way that you cannot get in there and kill it without incurring the wrath of two powerful units.  Two PAIRED UP units.  One hits on the magic side, the other hits on the physical side.  So you put in a unit that can kill one, it's getting massacred on the enemy turn by the other unit. And because both of them are paired up you aren't killing either of them, so they're essentially assured you lose AT LEAST one unit, maybe even two!

I just spent TWO BLOODY DAMN HOURS on this map, clearing it carefully and pacing myself just right.  Or so I thought.  I'll have to give it one more try, this time sending all my forces and then bum rushing the other half of the map, but I tell you I'm at my limit here.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySat 9 Jul 2016 - 14:00

Fuck the greyhound industry and its petulant whining over its ban in New South Wales.  They like to whine their little heads off because "ZOMG human jobs and growth!", when their entire industry is a cesspit, a toxic hellhole, of animal cruelty.  The shit that has come out over the last year or so of the industry is genuinely nightmare fuelling (I'll probably never get the cries of that rabbit getting ripped to shreds out of my head).  The live baiting, the treatment of every greyhound that doesn't make the cut (which is most of them).

Yeah, I get that some people play by the rules, and that maybe it's sort of wrong they get adversely affected because of the evil ones (and yes, with the crap done to both the dogs and various other animals make no mistake, they are evil), but you know what?  That excuse only goes so far.  With the tiny scraps of information we got you can bet that everyone knew this sort of thing was going on, from the small trainers to the high-ups that turned a blind eye because their wallets were being fattened by actual blood money.  

Far as I'm concerned you waive your right to complain when you do absolutely nothing about this.  The excuse of "innocence" doesn't wash with me.  You do not get to stand on a  moral high ground when you deliberately kept in line and let this sort of rampant and diabolical and malicious abuse of animals go unchecked.

/rant
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 8:29

Every time I wake up I've got more shit to deal with... bloody cats.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 16:23

@Zero: literal shit?
@Athrun: You should hear the scum trying to justify foxhunting over here.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 19:07

@Drunka: yes. It's not pleasant, shall we say.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 19:13

Getting home to my (shared) house in Staines, to find a large cat-pat on the floor of the bathroom (which I could smell before I opened the door), is not one of my favourite memories.

(Insert s**t-Staines joke here.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 19:17

Any joke I made about Staines would be brillioh I see. Duh!

You can get cat food that reduces the odour of cat faeces - Royal Canin Indoor. It's pretty much all we feed Beatrice cat but Gus cat gets kitten food which doesn't have the same components, so his reeks. In short, I sympathise.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyThu 11 Aug 2016 - 5:15

I'd take ponging cat manure over the incoherent nosy privacy invading old greek woman in front of the property trying to complain to me about my not getting my rubbish bin in quick enough for her tastes every time I leave the unit on an errand.  

I'd probably admire the irony about it, that she's trying to complain that I don't bring the bin in the moment the thing is emptied specifically because I'm trying to avoid her, but I'm too busy being annoyed with her banging on my windows at six in the evening.  She's just lucky I'm a saint in real life.  

I mean really, I'm probably the quietest 24 year old in existence, keep the place I'm living in tidy and incredibly quiet, and this is the crap I have to deal with.  Her whining because I get the bins in several hours after they were emptied and her acting like I'm not allowed to use lights in my place (which she'd only know are on because she's deliberately coming up here and peeping).  Rolling Eyes

Complained about this before, but after the last couple of days I really need a good vent.  I don't buy the line she's senile for a second either.  Acting contrite and guilty when people get angry, if she was senile she'd act confused when people get cross with her.  She's well aware she's misbehaving, and I for one am beyond sick to death of it.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySun 14 Aug 2016 - 21:51

Why have Google changed Chrome so that instead of pressing backspace to go back a page, I have to press ALT and LEFT??? One button press to two??
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySun 14 Aug 2016 - 22:25

Probably for people like me who are typing when the cursor magically leaves the box, I make a mistake, hit backspace and lose the lot!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySun 14 Aug 2016 - 23:54

I'm with Andy's suggestion, though I am going to take it in a different direction: it's so that it's harder for cats on keyboards to mess up your browsing. DAMN YOU!

DIGRESSION ALERT: The elimination race in the men's omnium just finished. The final time was 9:49 and I thought of you. Straight up.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 11:44

I. Loath. Senile. Old. Bats. LOATH.

Turns out the getting the bins in wasn't the problem. Nope, it was far more pathetic and senile. Looks like I'm not putting them in the right place for the old bat. Rolling Eyes

Naturally I found this out after coming back from shopping in the evening to find the bin has been moved (infinitely less tidy now too).

And no, in case anybody is wondering, they're in exactly the right place, edge of the pavement in a stable position and out of the way of the parking space. A damn site straighter than her bins too I might add. The bat's been looking for every excuse to have something to complain about my habits ever since the previous neighbour moved out a month back.

If she has a legitimate complaint she can go through the proper channels, otherwise she can bugger the hell off. I'm sick to death of the shrew sticking her nose in my business.

For the record this may seem minor to others, however this is the straw on a camels back. I've absolutely bloody had it. At this point I'd take a second hoon that spends their sundays revving their car like no tomorrow for half an hour. Might as well have one with how much bloody peace and privacy I have.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 12:26

I went to Wookey Hole Caves yesterday, so when I started reading your post I thought you were being agitated by genuine bats.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 13:26

At this point I'd welcome my flat being infested with the things! At least bats can be cute.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 13:37

Bats have never bothered me. On the walk to/ from my friend Colin's house, there used to be a few spots where, at night, I could stand and be surrounded by them like Bruce Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 14:16

Bats are adorable. They love the canal near my parents' house because the still water swarms with insects.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 16:09

Drunkalilly wrote:
Bats have never bothered me. On the walk to/ from my friend Colin's house, there used to be a few spots where, at night, I could stand and be surrounded by them like Bruce Wayne.

It's just horses that scare the shit out of you. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 16:32

The_Jaster wrote:
It's just horses that scare the shit out of you. Winky Face

One of his mates was bothering me on Xbox the other night.:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 17:29

Haha! There is no escape.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 13:43

Yay, the only reason I wasn't evicted today was because the estate agent had common sense!  

I am SO done.  Words cannot even describe how livid I am tonight.  I was planning to spend the next year finishing off all my collections and gathering a nice large amount of money to move across state.  Not any longer, I'm slashing my self-imposed "collections" in half (if it ain't Spider-man, Pokemon, or Mistborn I'm not buying it without good reason) and stuffing as much expendable money a fortnight I can get while not going insane from lack of entertainment and getting the hell out of here.  I'll even move in the middle of summer (you know, when the temperature averages at least 37 degrees a day and you get sunburned in minutes).  I'm that done.  Gods, the fact materialistic me is even planning this is astounding.

Before someone starts thinking "wait, you're hating on a person possibly suffering from senility?  You're such an ass", remember my remark about straws the other day?  If this was even remotely a once off it'd be water off my back.  When it comes off the back of years of constantly badgering my own kin I'm beyond giving a shit at this point.  You frequently bang on the door of one of my family members battling cancer at an hour you know they're in bed thereby worsening their chances and you don't get good graces.

If this was just a matter of her not being able to take a certain thing any more then obviously I'd change my habits with the bin.  You show complete contempt for my family and me and follow it by threatening to evict me because you didn't bother to shoot a little heads up the chain of command about this and, well, lets just say it's a great way of frying goodwill.

Besides the fact it even got to this point shows astoundingly bad oversight on the owners part. If there's a problem you don't wait until it hits a crisis point and then blow up, you bloody let the tenant know so they can make the appropriate adjustments.

Now to spend the next few hours working out my long term budgets.  Fun way to spend a late evening right!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySat 20 Aug 2016 - 10:22

So after vacuum cleaning the Sendor Bar wire in half, I ordered a new one from The Amazon. Dispatched on Monday, so it was. On Thursday I was like "Where's my Sensor Bar, yo?", so I checked the details. Turns out the carrier is 'USPS' - the US Postal Service. Duh! No Wii games on the TV for me for at least another week!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySat 20 Aug 2016 - 10:51

That the 128gb micro SD card I got is officially a dud
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySat 20 Aug 2016 - 11:49

Ouch, shanks. Thumbs Down... Any chance of sending it back/getting a replacement/your money back?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 EmptySat 20 Aug 2016 - 14:24

Doesn't seem likely Sulk

I've sent a couple of emails and all that to the seller (got it off Ebay) so I'm going to give them to the end of this week to respond or it's bad reviews all round
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next