We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fatal Frame / Project Zero

Go down 
+2
The_Jaster
masofdas
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fatal Frame / Project Zero Empty
PostSubject: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 9:02

Trailer from the direct type thing this morning.

Nintendo and Tecmo Koei have lifted the lid on a new Fatal Frame title for the Wii U, which is due to arrive in Japan on 27th September 2014.

In a special presentation which featured Nintendo's own Shigeru Miyamoto, the game's Japanese title was revealed to be Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko (Zero: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden). As before, the action involves snapping malevolent spirits with your camera, but this time around there's a strong focus on water. Producer Kikuchi Keisuke says that this will be the biggest Fatal Frame ever, and that the GamePad will be used to take photos of ghosts.

NintendoLife have got some more info about the series like it's getting a Hollywood and Japanese movie, manga etc and having all that and game only on Wii U will bring audiences to the console.

The Gamepad uses sound like it should be good, I do like the series but never played that to have the same investment as resident evil or silent hill but nice to see the U getting a survival horror game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 0:16

New trailer and two TV ads, looks like the gamepad will be used in interesting ways.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 21:08

I think Balla will be able to lock this thread after this, if he want's

And regarding #WeWantFatalFrame requests, as far as we know this title is JP release only. Back to the office tomorrow FYI. #KTfamily

That's from Koei Tecmo Europe's twitter.

I'm really disappointed really as from the trailers looked like it used the gamepad in some really good ways and the Wii U could use a good survival horror game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 2:25

I love horror stuff & tried to get into this series of games but I found the controls to be clunky and the themes to be too repetitive, still a shame that Europe won't see it.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 14:40

I seem to remember KT tweeting that there were no plans to bring it to Europe (people keep asking them about it), though I'd take that with a pinch of salt: surely it's Nintendo's job to bring it here anyway given they not only own the rights to the series, but they brought Project Zero 2 to Europe anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 16:56

When did they get the rights as Xbox & PS2 had some on there, maybe if Bayo 2 sells well this might come here.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 19:02

I think it was after the Project Zero 2 remake in Japan but before Spirit Camera. Around then. They definitely have the rights to the IP though now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 19:48

Operation Zero so a little video on it with links to the petition to get this the west, all we can do is try.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 10:09

Yes Operation Zero did it,
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 19:18

I wonder how much of that did affect their decision to bring it our way.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 20:51

This looks good, dunnit?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 21:59

Yes it does, hence why people started petition for it to come here.

I do wonder if there's one for Yazuka HD.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 23:49

E3 Trailer
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015 - 22:56

Rumours of this being a eShop title like the likes of Fist of the North Star and F1 Kart, which is a massive Boo if it's £39.99 and only on the eShop, I'm not buying if it is and this was one of my most anticipated games coming to the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 14:34

It could well go up on the e shop at a discounted price for us if that's the only way to get it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 15:31

Hope so but the few examples on the Wii U like it, haven't seen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 18:58

Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is Mario vs DK: tipping stars, anyhow what's so bad about only having a digital copy if you are really looking forward to it?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:11

What's MvsDK have to do with anything that's a eShop title.

I'm not paying £35 like Falling Skies, £40 like Fist of the North Star for what should be a retail title and having to pay retail price. I'm fine if its doe has a discount like a lot of 3DS retail eShop only tilted have had eg Rune Factory 4 but not all of those have been discounted like Attack on Titan is full price on the eShop.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:35

Ermm.....wasn't MvsDK meant to be a retail game at one point?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:43

It was in the eShop showcase trailer at E3 last year, but what I know of the two games I bring up both did get a retail version in a territory and the weird EU retail games like Fit Music U is £25 on the eShop but is also £25 on a disc and all the retail games that have come to the eShop so far on the Wii U have been retail prices.

Which makes me think why would FF/PZ be any different, it might have buy in first week discount like games have had, I unjust hope these rumours are wrong but how it's been shown for the yanks its a eShop retail game which likely means £40 which I'm not paying.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 21:09

I believe Tipping Stars was a retail title in Japan, like Nintendo Pocket Football Club before it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 21:25

There's no retail for sell on PlayAsia of MvsDK just the retail download code like here in the UK.

I ddi bring up lots of 3DS retail have come out cheaper but not on the Wii U and Attack on Titan didn't on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 23:19

zero wrote:
like Nintendo Pocket Football Club before it.

Ahhh Nintendo pocket football club, would have quite liked a hard copy of that.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 22:33

I think it will get published on disc in Europe, since we are getting Devil's Third, and NoE, as Zero Jones and Jaster mentioned, even published digital titles as boxed product in stores. Which carries the same amount of risk as shipping a disc.

I wouldn't put it past NoA to do digital-only in the region, though, especially given how Devil's Third might not even be published by them. Sales forecasts for Fatal Frame in North America probably aren't high enough for NoA to justify publishing the game on disc.

The_Jaster wrote:
zero wrote:
like Nintendo Pocket Football Club before it.

Ahhh Nintendo pocket football club, would have quite liked a hard copy of that.

Me too, I'm tempted to buy the digital code in a box when I eventually pick up the game. It's the sort of thing I'd like on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 4:43

I forgot to mention that I enjoyed watching the demo of this on the treehouse stream, though I do think the devs have missed a trick by not having it so you can only see the ghosts through the gamepad itself.

Just imagine the tension of not seeing anything on the TV and then you glance at the pad only to have a ghost right up in your face. Afraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero   Fatal Frame / Project Zero Empty

Back to top Go down

Fatal Frame / Project Zero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next