We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Console Launch

Go down 
+8
Rum
ZeroJones
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Fantasy Console Launch Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyMon 21 Jul 2014 - 19:10

Allow me to explain! If you were releasing a new home console and could select from any five previous games series to launch alongside it, which would you choose? Tell us why you are picking them. The only stipulations being that you’re not allowed to pick more than one game from a particular overarching franchise (so no Mario Kart and Mario Party and such like), or more than one game from the same genre (no FIFA and PES, for example). No other barriers: have Killzone with Fable, Virtua Fighter, Monty Mole and Animal Crossing if you like.

~

1. Super Mario – Simple. To my mind, you can’t have a great console launch without a new Mario. I’d take a 3D one; while I think platformers are a genre better suited to two dimensions, Mario is the exception.

2. Pokemon – I’ve felt for a long time that Nintendo have missed a trick by not having a Pokemon game ready to launch alongside any of their consoles – it would sell out everywhere.

3. FIFA – Purely for the reason that there’s no better game for you to get your teeth stuck into. I think this is the best value-for-money series there is.

4. Ridge Racer – Not only a great arcade experience, but a fantastic driving game too. Always a good showcase for new hardware too - after the PSone, PS2 and 3DS versions, I'd certainly trust Namco Bandai to deliver the goods on the Hyper Bollocks 64.

5. WWE All Stars - A beat-'em-up always compliments a launch line-up nicely, and while I wouldn't usually knock back another Tekken/Street Fighter/DoA/Mortal Kombat with my new console, I'm picking another WWE All Stars as it's the most forward-thinking and downright fun fighting game I've played since SSB Brawl. A sequel would be very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyMon 21 Jul 2014 - 19:43

Nice topic. We could do with a few more (non-rubbish) discussions in this summer drought.

Obviously some of this is going to depend on what the new console is and what it does, so I'm going to make it as generic as possible, while assuming that the machine does something more than power over its predecessor. I am going to take into account that some series like Zelda and Xenoblade might be better off released down the road, when the developers (including the console maker, which if you haven't guessed will be Microsoft Winky Face ) have got used to the hardware.

Super Mario - Agreed with Cappa. Sir would like a killer app.? How killer would sir like his app.? Also gives Nintendo a chance to show off the graphics upgrades over the last gen. - SM3DW did this very well. (I'm talking a proper 3D Mario, by the way - no NSMB stuff, and no bleddy time limits.)

Wario Ware - We've established that the console does something new over and above adding power, and a Wario Ware game is the best way to show that off, whatever it is. Not a Game & Wario-alike, because I don't want that stinking up the HB64.

(If by any chance WW is considered to fall under the Mario label, a Rhythm Heaven game would not only show off the console's new features, but how precise and well-calibrated they are too.)

Final Fantasy - We've shown off graphical power and unique features, but our console has more general grunt too. We'd like to show it without requiring too much from the processor, as it probably hasn't been mastered yet. A JRPG, with its huge sweeping worlds but turn-based battles and relative lack of freedom, does this perfectly. In addition, Final Fantasy shows off that something missing from the Wii U is on board in a big way: major third-party support. No restricting us to corridors this time though, Squeenix.

F-Zero - Hello, hardcore fans. We'd like to thank you for your years of support with a franchise aimed squarely at you. Did we mention that it's absolutely beautiful, and shows off our lag-free online multiplayer that (unlike MK8) works perfectly on Balladeer's HB64?

Smash Bros. - This brings it all together. Killer app., local multiplayer, online multiplayer, power - the only thing lacking is a definitive use of the console's new feature, but that can probably be worked into a bonus mode. Contains fifty bajillion characters, including Phoenix Wright and Ridley but not Pac-Man. HB64 sells out forever, wins generation before the others can get off the blocks. Only costs you £499.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyMon 21 Jul 2014 - 22:54

I like the idea a lot, especially as jas and myself with jay popping up now & again talking about PS4 & Wii U launch.

Not sure if I would buy Cappa's but would buy Balla's. I could go mad with a launch line up and pick 5 things that wouldn't happen and be more of a fantasy then me getting with katy perry.

So the launch line-up for the Nintendo DreaMii (Nintendo has bought SEGA), sorry HB64 you've got a launch rival.

Super Mario's Adventure: Can't launch a Nintendo system without a Mario game in proper 3D which will be full 1080p 60fps.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Rush Racing: Sumo Digital brings us the third in the series with improved graphics, 15 player online racing in all new space-craft's that can go faster then the speed of light, will also include special Nintendo guest stars such as captain falcon.

SoulCalibur: To be released just under the SoulCalibur name not 6 ala Mortal Kombat a few years ago, every launch needs a fighter of some sort and with SCI being one of the best. There's no reason that should change.

Metroid Prime 4: Retro's long in development project to launch along side the DreaMii

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD: Oh, No! A port at launch you say but after E3 2016 showed off that trailer for the 3rd & final instalment. It only made sense to have the first two to get re-released for anyone that missed them first time around.

Bonus eShop Title

A deal was struck with thatgamecomoany to have there next project pretentious arty game that's not a game game launch along side the DreaMii , Get's 10's across the bored and gets numerous GOTY awards.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 6:54

To be honest I'd buy a console for just Mario and Pokémon. Or, hell, just Mario.

Anyway, that's not a bad list, although it's arguably missing a real mass-seller, like Pokémon or Smash. The one thing my launch was missing was an indie title, but heck: if the HB64 sells well, they will come. (Assume it doesn't have a stupid hoop-jumpy applications process.) (Oh, and a conventional Western third-party game, but I've always found it hard to care too much about them.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 8:25

I tried to be slightly realistic, as Mario would be the killer app.

Cappa's box has the most western appeal with FIFA & WWE.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 22 Jul 2014 - 10:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 9:55

Who gives a toss about western appeal? Just pick the games you like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 10:26

Same could be said about picking pokemon to sell the HB64.

We would like a dream line up of mario, halo, zelda, final fantasy and mass effect. That would sell to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 10:36

I was definitely trying to balance console-shifting power and what I'd want with my choices. I like all my suggested franchises, but if it were purely wants, I'd probably scrap Final Fantasy for a better JRPG franchise (TWEWY?) and might even get rid of F-Zero.

Sales talk:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 14:05

Ooh, this sounds fun!
And I'm not gonna chat sales shit like Balls man and the Masacre.

The Gamelilly 5000

Really powerful, natch,  with some sort of interesting new controller but still the necessary sticks and buttons for traditional games. I dunno, this is why I don't work in R&D. I'm a big picture guy, an ideas man.

Super Mario Universe
Like the Kid and the Balls Man have already said,  a Nintendo console hasn't launched until it has a great big 3D Mario platformer. I want it to look pretty, sound gorgeous, take me on a journey and play a treat

Halo
It doesn't have to be Halo. It just has to be a big, bombastic, cinematic FPS that has enough in common with what's come before to show how bloody amazing the machine looks. This is the Killzone,  the Titan fall. Hell,  on my machine it'd probably be something in the Metroid universe.

The Legend of Zelda: Gritty Fan Service
Whatever everyone else said, Twilight Princess was a big part of me loving the Wii when it came out. I want a big, meaty adventure that feels exciting and dramatic and looks gorgeous and has great music and fills me with nostalgia and childhood wonder, even if that leads to it being forgotten later on. This is launch games!
To be honest, I'd probably only want either Zelda or Mario on the same day.

Wii Sports 3: The Resportening
Loads of sports, great graphics and clever use of the new machine's tricks, whatever they may be. This'll be the game I bust out for my family and friends for the six months after release.

Monster Hunter Continent
I really like having a big, layered game on launch day that I know ill be playing long into the games lifespan. I know I'll still be playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate when the next Wii comes out so it's nice having something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 21:47

I think you would like watching Uncharted or TLoU Balla, as both are rather cinematic and could be enjoyed just by watching. TLoU is even getting a live reading on stage by the cast.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 11:55

Good thread idea.

The JayStation

Crash Bandicoot: The Reboot - Everyone loves a collectathon platformer, and Crash was one of the best. Naughty Dog have matured enough as a studio that I reckon they'd put out a quality platformer. Plus, the nostalgia factor would definitely tempt people to buy the console.

Metroid Dread: Remember that long rumoured Retro 2D Metroid? Yeah, give me that. Something in a 2.5D style, aiming to recapture that Super Metroid feel. I reckon it'd be magic.

Street Fighter V: Just give me a Street Fighter game.

Final Fantasy XV: Let's get away from the linearity of FFXIII, and let's have a sprawling open-ended adventure in the vein of FFVI, but in glorious three dimensions.

Fallout 4: Set it in New York, add some sheen and don't stray too far from the FO3 or FONV formula. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 12:05

If we're not all going with the Hyper Bollocks 64, I'd like to change my console name to the Nintendo HyperDeer. Console logo is an actual deer. (Console itself is probably a black box, with some brightly coloured neon stripe around it. And antlers.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 12:21

Wouldn't it be FFXVI Jay,

I do like the sound of the Gamelilly 5000, The JayStation has some good titles but only two that would really sell me on it.

There is no imagines of the DreaMii but the controller has been spotted.
Fantasy Console Launch QAnW08t
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 16:31

Hmm, what to call it...  I know!  Fantasy Simulator Box 64!  System's apperance is yellow banners with the words "KEEP OUT" wrapped around it.  As for the games, not hard for me to pick some.

Super Mario Galaxy: quiet possibly the pretiest mario ever, despite its linearity the game was pure fun from beginning to end (so fun in fact I actually collected all 120 stars, a first), and it was pure unadulterated eye candy.  What better thing to show off a brand new console than a game with some of the best graphics around at 1080p hd and 60 frames per second?  Please note super mario galaxy 2 will be released as an expansion pack six months later.

The Legend of zelda: the wind waker HD: The fact the wii u hd port looks as amazing as it does is a testament as to how good art direction can result in games shaming everything else on the market even ten years later by just having everything at native hd.  Also the most entertaining zelda in my opinion.

Xenoblade chronicles: HD Remaster: The game was already gobsmacking with its fantastic art direction and sheer ambition, on the Fantasy Simulator Box 64 this new release will have the world reskinned with even better details coupled with 1080p hd 60 frames per second to provide one of the single most stunning games in existence to the world.  

Perfect Dark 64: Re-Conjured: It's back, and better than ever before!  The epic sci-fi shooter from the nintendo 64 now boasts a completely new set of skins on everything, the 1080p and 60fps treatment, and some new and extremely robust online modes from score attacks to online matches of every kind imaginable.  Other than that however it's the game we know and love!

Super Smash Bros. 5: The next super smash brothers game comes exclusively to the Fantasy Simulator Box 64!  Featuring some of the best graphics ever seen in a video game, the most refined gameplay mechanics the franchise has ever seen, and a cast of 60 unique characters  (and five clones  Winky Face ) from across Nintendo's history this is sure to never leave the system once inserted!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 16:53

...Four ports. Four.

I don't have anything to really add to that, but... out of five games, four ports. FOUR. PORTS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:20

It is a lot of port's.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:21

Well yeah. What sort of console launch would it be without ports? They're a traditional part of launch lineups!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:31

Well naturally the HyperDeer will have Super HD Shipping Simulator and Fortified Wine Adventures among its shovelware.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:33

The DreaMii will launch with a VC that has every launch title from most consoles (no microsoft or sony) up-to the Wii, It will be backwards compatible for Wii U games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:41

Balladeer wrote:
the Nintendo HyperDeer.  Console logo is an actual deer.  (Console itself is probably a black box, with some brightly coloured neon stripe around it.  And antlers.)

Microsoft Paint drawing, please?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 23:58

Here's a quick snapchat mockup of the Gamelilly 5000. Yes, that's a refrigerated beer dispenser on top.

Fantasy Console Launch BtQ48uTCIAEYdxe
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 9:57

Here's the Hyper Bollocks 64. Four ports, and a big blue light in the middle of it, like the Wii.

Fantasy Console Launch Hb6411

I've got a big job interview tomorrow, and I've drawn you that. I hope you're grateful.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 10:50

What not wireless
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 15:58

Both pictures deserve to be hung up in an art gallery. Glorious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 22:15

Great post idea. Very Happy

1) A 3D Super Mario - it would have to be a 3D game. As surprisingly good as NSMBU was, my Nintendo heart wasn't totally satisfied with it.

2) The Latest Batman Game - I wanted a game to show off my fantasy console's graphical grunt and this is it.

3) The Legend Of Zelda: Ancient Flame - it might not be the best idea to kick off a console with Nintendo's two biggest hitters but we need the punters to buy, and soon!

4) FIFA 201X - as you might be able to tell by now, my fantasy console is basically the next Nintendo home console (I am naughty). Getting a FIFA on it that isn't some quarter-baked port would help the Wii Z out tremendously.

5) Ridge Racer Z - tradition dictates!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Console Launch   Fantasy Console Launch Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Console Launch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next