We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Aug 2015 - 22:26

Muss wrote:
Come on Jay, sell your soul or have you sold that already?

I'll ring up Lucifer and see what I can do. Laughing

No promises though - I've got final bills to sort out for moving out of my flat so it'll be a struggle. Aww!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptySun 30 Aug 2015 - 3:25

We've got tickets for Block 111 Row K, which only has a free row behind and a couple of seats to the right should Jay or Jas want in.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 1 Sep 2015 - 23:31

Bad times in wrestling. In the last few days, Hulk Hogan went on Good Morning America and had a bit of a laugh about his racism as a young lad, Bram from TNA was arrested and jailed after his third or fourth domestic incident, Seth Rollins' girlfriend got sacked from WWE for being a Nazi sympathiser, and now Superfly Jimmy Snuka is to be charged for the 1983 murder of his girlfriend.

I'm sure part of the story was that Vince McMahon did all the talking with the local police at the time, as he told them that Snuka couldn't speak the language. There's chat that he might have used his clout and bribed them too...all conjecture, natch, but still very interesting...

...at the very least, I hope it means that Tamina Snuka pisses off for a while, and it puts an end to the Divas Revolution storyline, which is the absolute worst thing I've seen in wrestling for a while. It's indefensible.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 1 Sep 2015 - 23:35

Didn't Seth girl only make her debut this past week.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 0:27

Yeah, Vince tried to play the gimmick card for Snuka and say that he was a gentle islander who couldn't speak English and would do no harm, so he's probably shiting it now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 1:37

TCK wrote:
and it puts an end to the Divas Revolution storyline, which is the absolute worst thing I've seen in wrestling for a while. It's indefensible.

It's the bloody team aspect that has ruined it, the whole reason that woman's wrestling is great to watch on NXT is because individually they are good characters that get decent time to actually wrestle but when you have these teams it lessens the chance of that happening.

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 9:31

I watched Raw last night and it gave me a buzz I've not felt in years. The whole show (minus the underwhelming end) was great and what is usually something I'd fast-forward 90% of, I didn't. (Spoilers imminent). Even the Paige not winning in time angle caught me off-guard. Bray Wyatt is hot as hell right now and can see him winning the Rumble if he continues. He’s great on the mic, his entrance is up there with the best and his Wyatt Family run at the moment could be the best thing in WWE right now. I love the New Day and their mic work was brilliant this week – the Dudleyz are a great match for them, and they played it perfectly by not putting Big E through the table. The Sting vs. Seth thing is kinda unnecessary and if they do give Sting the belt, it will always feel unnatural, like when Bret won the US title a few years ago. It could also damage Seth. I’m a bit tired of Seth at the moment to be honest, and it feels like WWE may use him down the line to reform The Shield if Roman and Ambrose carry on their feud with the Wyatts.

I don’t mind the Divas at the moment, the Revolution angle hasn’t really worked but definitely breathed some life in to what is usually an automatic “stick the kettle on” segment. I want to see more of Sasha Banks, as she seems like a genuine badass amongst the bevy of beauties. I also think they need to establish a feud between two people – the Divas division seems to have about 12 women all involved in one feud. A feud that is less interesting than the Dolph/Rusev love-triangle (or is it a love-square?).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 9:35

Hopefully the Divas Revolution will end with the old guard pissing off and we're just left with Charlotte, Paige and the rest of the NXT crew...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 11:15

Drunkalilly wrote:
Hopefully the Divas Revolution will end with the old guard pissing off and we're just left with Charlotte, Paige and the rest of the NXT crew...

I don't think The Bellas will ever relinquish her vice grip on the division.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 12:54

Any 'Divas' Revolution won't be complete until they scrap the demeaning term that is 'Diva,' and simply call them wrestlers. It'd be nice if the title didn't look like a tacky Pageant accessory too.

Edit: Also I think the Bellas are pretty good on the mic and in the ring, just nowhere near good enough to carry a title for as long as present. Its barely even defended either Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 15:55

Yeh, "divas" is dumb. NXT doesn't have that does it?
Nikki Bella will overtake AJ Lee soon enough, then the belt can start changing hands and being interesting again.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 19:10

Yeah NXT simply refer to them as Wrestlers or Superstars, and the title is the NXT Women's Championship.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 22:26

Buskaman wrote:
Nikki Bella will overtake AJ Lee soon enough, then the belt can start changing hands and being interesting again.

You think so? I think because she made a big deal of it on the last Raw that she might lose it before that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 13:34

Depends what the company's relationship with AJ is when it happens. I've got a feeling they're gonna do it just out of spite. . .
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 17:48

I agree, that record is Nikki's. Considering Punk is taking some legal action against the WWE, if there's one man who is petty enough to want to take every accolade (within reason) away from a former employee its Vince. I can fully see him demanding that Punk has nothing to do with any active records.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2015 - 14:36

My thinking exactly. Punk and Lee have NO CHANCE.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 17:39

Reports say that the Stinger has a pretty bad neck/back injury. That could well have been his last match.

A shame, he deserved at least one PPV win considering what he's done for wrestling as a whole.

That blight aside, I thought that was a really good ppv, the only wiff being Cena beating Rollins - who definitely outwrestled him.

New Day absolutely stole the show for me though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 17:42

Pretty much agree with Muss across the board. Fantastic night of Sports Entertainment! Also, didn't feel 100% so I stayed pretty much sober for the whole thing and actually enjoyed it.

AND OMG THE ENDING! Keep forgetting that happened then getting excited when I remember.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 14:37

I really enjoyed that PPV despite not being able to watch it live, Seth Rollins really has gained even more of my respect after that performance as he showed he could be the one that leads the pace of the match not to mention it was one of his first PPV matches in a while that didn't have horrible run ins.

I really hoped he'd retain both titles so they could push him to the moon a la Chris Jericho beating Rock & Austin but at least he didn't lose in a dumb way.

---

It also still amazes me that he can pull this move off.

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 8bbYwkf.0
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 14:43

The_Jaster wrote:

It also still amazes me that he can pull this move off.

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 8bbYwkf.0

That's even more amazing than I remember it. Christ, what a wrassler!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 14:52

I think people forget how dangerous a Superplex is (because we do see it a lot) I personally always get really nervous when both wrestlers are teetering on the top rope as so much can go wrong there & then you have to be precise landing it to avoid major neck injuries to both wrestlers.

So for him to throw it into a combination is nothing short of phenomenal.

---

Oh forgot to ask, have any of you guys watched Xavier Wood's (Austin Creed) UpUpDwnDwn youtube channel? It really is great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 14:54

I've only watched one or two, but I very much enjoy them. Xavier and Rollins playing ninja turtles and chatting really casually was lovely to watch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 14:57

Aye that was one of my favourites as was the one where he and Corey Graves were playing Streets of Rage 2.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 15:15

Look up the video of him and Rusev playing Mad Max. Rusev seems like a really chill guy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 18:25

That was the first ones I watched & I definitely agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next