We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 22:29

I've caught up a bit. I really hope

Spoiler:

goes back to being a common occurrence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2016 - 16:45

I've enjoyed Smackdown more than Raw the past couple of weeks, purely because a two hour weekly wrestling show is so much easier to watch than a three hour show. Having said that, the tighter roster helps out on Smackdown - feels good seeing nearly everyone on the roster ending up on the show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2016 - 16:56

I've only watched highlights and from that RAW has been bangers and now I'm waiting to see Summerslam and how the first split PPV Backlash for SD goes.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 10:04

Thought summer slam was really quite bad, hopefully backlash will be better.

Any of you watch wcpw, the what culture wrestling federation? I happened to catch a stream yesterday and it was a pretty nice showcase of British wrestling, although all I saw was cruiser weights. I think they put all their steam content on YouTube but I haven't really watched much of it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 12:53

Yeah all of WCPW is on there YT which is weekly and has had or will have Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Angle, EC3, Jay Lethal etc on them also they have a iPPV coming up which will of course cost money but JR is on commentary.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 13:06

I had low expectations going in, but holy crap Backlash was an excellent PPV.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 13:16

I was planning to pretty much just watch the Ambrose/ Styles match, but Muss just changed everything with that comment!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 13:24

There weren't that many matches, and that meant each one had the time it needed to be very good. There was only one finish I didn't like, but everything else was on point.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 18:53

Aye I quite enjoyed it as well & also went in with low expectations, nothing earth-shatteringly amazing but a very fun wrestling event.

---

Even though I've always liked them Usos are back to being my favourite tag team.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 19:26

Because nobody else mentioned it:

Also, Backlash: I've not watched it, but it seems that SmackDown's roster is a bit thin, a bit lacking in star power. Fair enough if it was an enjoyable event, but for a lapsed fan like me the likes of Hype Bros. Vs. The Usos and Bray Wyatt Vs. Kane makes it sound a bit bollocks. They could do with a few NXT call-ups.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 20:06

It did lack star power but they did well with what they had and paced it well. If Raw can pull off the same feat then things are looking good for folk like me who just watch the PPVs and highlights on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 22:58

Nakamura might have my favourite music at the minute. Even better than Dean's for just getting me PUMPED.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 23:39

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 Raw

----

TCK wrote:
Also, Backlash: I've not watched it, but it seems that SmackDown's roster is a bit thin, a bit lacking in star power. Fair enough if it was an enjoyable event, but for a lapsed fan like me the likes of Hype Bros. Vs. The Usos and Bray Wyatt Vs. Kane makes it sound a bit bollocks. They could do with a few NXT call-ups.

I don't see them doing any more NXT call ups for either show any time soon since they already had a few in the draft, the rosters do need fleshed out more though & Raw will get that with the cruiserweights & SD does have Curt Hawkins and Shelton Benjamin yet to make their returns.

As far as star powers goes I'm not sure what much more they can do since it isn't something that can be taught.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 15:48

SD does have RKO and Cena but both now part timers but I would like Roode called up as he's done very little in NXT to be a loss also he's over at the moment.

Also he has the best theme
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 16:23

First time I heard his theme was when youtube autoplayed it and I genuinely thought it was Queen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 22:46

Backlash was pretty decent, all told! The card was a bit crap on paper, but each match had plenty of time to shine and I think that helped a lot. It was just a solid show from top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 13:44

Great interview with Rob Van dam.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/11/09/rob-van-dam-paul-heyman-interview
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 21:33

As forgettable as Van Dam's last run with WWE was, I'd probably still pop if he walked through the curtain on Raw or Smackdown. I remember him having a couple of decent matches with Del Rio last time for the World Heavyweight Championship, I think.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyFri 11 Nov 2016 - 15:20

Jay wrote:

As forgettable as Van Dam's last run with WWE was, I'd probably still pop if he walked through the curtain on Raw or Smackdown.

Aye, same here but knowing WWE they'd announce it a week or so advance and ruin that pop somewhat - I miss true surprise returns in wrestling just look how they announced Taker and Edge for the 900th ep of smackdown for example.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptySat 12 Nov 2016 - 22:55

I know that they're doing it to try and increase the ratings, but it's a double-edged sword as folks won't tune in if there's not been an announced appearance by a big name beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptySat 12 Nov 2016 - 23:27

Also, when we saw Smackdown at the start of the year, the tickets were advertised as featuring Taker. When he didn't show, people in the stadium were not happy. It said line-up subject to change, but a lot of folk had paid over the odds for what felt like a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 19:47

Went and visited the man, the myth Alex "Muss" Musselwhite in Nottingham yesterday and we watched the WCPW show. Top stuff! Not a bad match on the card. The joke matches were probably funny, the serious ones showed off some incredible talent and we got to be crazy close to the ring for some performers who a lot of people will pay good money to see from a mile away.

Cody Rhodes proved how badly the WWE wasted his talent.
Bully Ray and Broken Matt in a no-DQ match was, obviously, a treat.
And I've got a feeling one day we'll be very glad to say we got to stand that close to a Will Ospreay match . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 20:26

Does WCPW get put online at all? As after seeing the card for that show the other day I was quite interested in seeing it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 20:37

Yeah, I think they put them on youtube as PPVs.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 20:38

Here.
You can watch a couple of the matches free, so might be worth doing that to get a taste?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next