We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 19:45

If that's just for the old stuff (or network exclusive content) then I don't see me getting it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 23:26

masofdas wrote:
but we are unlikely to get the same as the yanks due sky whom will continue to show RAW & SD.

But the Yanks don't get Raw or Smackdown on the Network either.

It might be worth a punt around the Royal Rumble - I usually buy the Rumble and Mania anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 9:29

If it gets the PPVs and NXT live for that price then I'll buy in, with WM31 at the end of March this first 6 months should go all the way up to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 9:40

I don't know then Jay, but apparently our won't be the same because of Sky.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 13:37

The only thing I could see Sky taking from the Network is NXT, but if that stays then our Network will be identical to the US Network.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 20:02

GREAT MOMENTS IN WRESTLING HISTORY: PART ONE

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 Screenshot_2014-10-02-23-50-53_zps1wjzu3ah

~

About RAW...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 21:23

Dusty's this millennium's Dennis Pennis. Grin
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 23:17

A damn shame indeed. Laughing

Also...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 2:38

That spoiler makes me really sad, you all know I'm a fan of Rusev and I think he could have a cracker of a match with The Rock it's the feuds they are putting him that are the main problem.
Back to top Go down
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 10:33

I actually think Rusev is one of the few things WWE is doing right currently, his PPV matches have that "can anyone beat him" vibe that Lesnar... well, should've have.

This week's Raw though...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 15:12

Yeah, the builds to the last couple of PPVs have been atrocious. Summerslam was a properly built PPV was a solid card, and it was the best PPV bar Wrestlemania 30 - there might just be a correlation there.

Rumble rumours:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 17:57

I think Rusev is alright - big guys that can move always get a thumbs up from me - but the whole Vladimir Putin/'USA is keech' shtick was getting old before Jack Swagger was getting hammered by him. I'd like to see more layers added to the characters. Speaking English is a bit 'meh'. Personally, I thought he looked a bit small-time in the segment with The Rock (with his swimming trunks and Woolworths Goodie Bag medal), but it'll not do him any harm as a one-off. WWE definitely seems committed to him.

The Rumble chat:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 21:27

slazo wrote:
I actually think Rusev is one of the few things WWE is doing right currently, his PPV matches have that "can anyone beat him" vibe that Lesnar... well, should've have.

They've just seemed really throw away to me, I just got less interested with each opponent they have given him not to mention he isn't actually undefeated (never been pinned) but he technically lost via DQ vs Roman Reigns.

Rumble thoughts :
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 17:23

RAW:

Rumble:

So, why are we spoilering Rumble chat?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptySat 11 Oct 2014 - 20:57

I guess we put it in tags in case any of us didn't want to know about the Rumble this year, but I think that's everyone who posts in here chimed in about the Rumble so I'd say it's fair game now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 7:04

What did you guys make of smackdown 15? I thought it was really good, well paced with solid matches (the best being Rusev vs Ziggler) & it was great seeing all the classic smackdown clips from years ago as well.

I hope they can get that show back to its best as I hate seeing the mess it's currently in. (needlessly padded with too many Raw rebounds)

A possible future mania match:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 12:57

I saw the YouTube highlights of the fifteenth anniversary of SmackDown, and it looked a good laugh. Agreed that SmackDown as a whole is in 'a bit of a mess' - there's nothing spontenous or important that ever happens on it. Fair play, you might get the odd good match (Ambrose and Cesaro had one a few weeks back), but mostly it's very missable.

~

Believe it or not, TNA are holding their Bound For Glory event today, but they've pre-taped so many episodes of iMPACT for the future that it's already well-known that it had no effect on, well, anything. The World Champion and Tag Champions aren't on the card. Neither is Bobby Roode, Mr. Anderson, Austin Aires, and the Hardy Boys are nowhere around. It genuinely looks worse than any of the SmackDown-only PPVs that everyone hated a decade ago, where we had to put up with pish like Modercai, Luther Reigns and Orlando Jordan (...at least those cards had Undertaker/Angle/Mysterio etc on them).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 16:21

We knew months ago that Bound for Glory would be in Japan and focus on there promotion not just TNA.

It is a weird one but your likely to see good WRESTLING though from the Japanese wrestlers.

Back to top Go down
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Oct 2014 - 16:35

I should really watch some NJPW or NOAH stuff sometime, been meaning to see what else is out there. Same goes for AAA whenever that starts airing in English.

And yeah, SmackDown was pretty good all things considered, though having most of the highlights be from the first five years kinda sums up the show nowadays.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 10:17

slazo wrote:
though having most of the highlights be from the first five years kinda sums up the show nowadays.

A bit harsh there, though I do agree that the show has to improve WWE are always going to use a majority of highlights from the attitude era as it's their most successful period but I thought it had a good mix of things like shield taking out Undertaker, Gunn & Palumbo etc.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2014 - 19:31

Slazo wrote:
I should really watch some NJPW

NJPW is probably the best promotion going right now. I'd recommend giving this a read (it's a little bit out of date - all the champions have changed. AJ Styles is their world champion at the moment). They had a PPV today actually - King of Pro Wrestling. This guy uploads all their major shows - good for keeping up to date.

I recommend checking out the G1 Climax from this year - it's a good primer to the top guys in the company with a lot of fucking brilliant matches to boot.

Oh, and this guy translates a lot of NJPW promos and books - good for getting the backstory to some of the matches. Although, the backstory often isn't necessary, so long as you know who's in what stable their motivation isn't more complex than "I want to win" or "I hate you" or "I want you to respect me".
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2014 - 12:23

NJPW:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 13:57

The reason Jarrett turned up at a conference is because GFW, his company, is going to be the PPV carrier for NJPW's biggest show in January. Jim Ross has expressed an interest in doing commentary for the event, which could be very cool although I do hope JR's commentary is still up to scratch as he seems to have grown somewhat bitter over the last couple of years.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:03

Our very own ICW launched their on demand service today, here's a run down of what you get for yer £3.75

http://wrestleropesuk.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/major-content-news-for-insane-championship-wrestling-on-demand-service/

The biggest thing for me there is the fear & loathing VII show from last night at the barrowlands goes up at 9pm tonight.

Oh aye a wee thing called the WWE network launches tonight as well.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 21:43

Shame about the WWE Network launch being dingied at the last minute, but there's a crackin' heel promo to be had in that. I hope Wade Barrett takes responsibility.

~

I notice that I didn't post anything about Ryback's return, but to be honest I'm still calming down about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next