We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptySat 19 May 2018 - 13:32

Does look like a decent roster, I see Toni Storm and another women's wrestler have sort of been signed that I don't know if that points a women's version. As wasn't this originally going to be King of the Ring and now just a UK tournament?

One I think mainly for Jay but the Best of the Super Juniors has started.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptySat 19 May 2018 - 21:34

I'm not sure when mine expires as the WWE offered me 3 months for 99p. I think it's around the end of June it expires so I should be able to catch it without ponying up a tenner Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 13:33

masofdas wrote:

One I think mainly for Jay but the Best of the Super Juniors has started.

Cracking roster for BotSJ this year. I've not caught any of the shows as I'm waiting till I'm off next week for a few days and I'm hoping by that point that Kevin Kelly has got himself into the studio and added commentary to the first few shows.

I've got Ishimori vs Hiromu in the finals with Hiromu winning to get another shot at Ospreay at Dominion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptySun 3 Jun 2018 - 20:37

[quote="JayMoyles"]
masofdas wrote:

I've got Ishimori vs Hiromu in the finals with Hiromu winning to get another shot at Ospreay at Dominion.

Well one part right Jay, anyway you seen the card for Dominion, it looks ridiculously good and puts WWE to shame.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 20:18

BBC Scotland just broadcast a documentary about Viper/Piper Niven, and it was quite an entertaining way to whittle away half an hour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b6q36l/fight-like-a-girl

I had no idea she was from Ayrshire. Ayrshire is a major hotbed of world wrestling, with Viper, Drew McIntyre, Noam Dar, Grado and me all being from there (with me having a match at a Boy's Brigade parents night in KIngcase Primary when I was fifteen).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2018 - 20:25

masofdas wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Well one part right Jay, anyway you seen the card for Dominion, it looks ridiculously good and puts WWE to shame.

Call me Gedo in disguise because I didn't just get one bit right, I bloody nailed it! Aye, Dominion was a cracker from start to finish topped off with best wrestling match I've ever seen in the main event.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
BBC Scotland just broadcast a documentary about Viper/Piper Niven, and it was quite an entertaining way to whittle away half an hour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b6q36l/fight-like-a-girl

I had no idea she was from Ayrshire. Ayrshire is a major hotbed of world wrestling, with Viper, Drew McIntyre, Noam Dar, Grado and me all being from there (with me having a match at a Boy's Brigade parents night in KIngcase Primary when I was fifteen).

I'll have to check out the Viper documentary - I was seeing some buzz about it as she was on BBC Breakfast and got some good press from her showing on it. But more importantly, what was your finisher in your wrestling debut Cappa?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 11:35

NJPW Dominion was f'ing great, anyone else apart from Me and Jay (I would guess he's watched)?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 11:49

Missed the first ten minutes of the Viper documentary but what I did see I really enjoyed & ever since I seen her become the first ever ICW women's champion at fear & loathing 8 she's been a favourite of mine. Honestly surprised WWE didn't snap her up after the Mae Young classic.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 23:50

masofdas wrote:
NJPW Dominion was f'ing great, anyone else apart from Me and Jay (I would guess he's watched)?

I fucked up my quote boxes above, so yep, I've seen Dominion as I mentioned above - and now below too!

JayMoyles wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Call me Gedo in disguise because I didn't just get one bit right, I bloody nailed it! Aye, Dominion was a cracker from start to finish topped off with best wrestling match I've ever seen in the main event.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 10:41

I wouldn't be shocked to see Meltzer give it 7 stars that main event.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 18:43

Aye, he's said he felt like he didn't think it could ever be topped after finishing watching the match and to be honest, I felt the same. Absolutely cracker of a match - I've never been as invested in a match in my life. I was properly yelling "NO" when Okada was going for his Rainmakers or catching Kenny with the Tombstone.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 12:01

Yep, he went and gave it 7's star.

You also see WWE has promoted New Day V Elie in SFV on their YouTube, didn't think I would see that.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 23:24

It was a fun watch - you could tell their first to 5 match was worked just like a match with ups and downs galore, but it still made for a fun watch. They said at the end that they're hopeful for more WWE and NJPW crossover events like this, which is really cool. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:13

It was a great watch.

Have you all seen the huge news coming out of the UK tournament that we're getting NXT UK with a women's and tag titles coming, the person who told me also told me who won this year the UK tournament Mad

My money at the moment is Toni Storm and Mustache Mountain being the first champs.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:52

When's the UKCT going up on the Network?

NJPW have unveiled the blocks for this year's G1. Block B looks absolutely insane.

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 G1blocks
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 17:56

It's got to be soon seeing they taped it last night.

Much like you said on Twitter my picks are Okada for A and Ibushi for B.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 18:45

It's either Ibushi or Naito for Block B. I'm leaning on Ibushi as I think we're looking at Ibushi/Omega at the Dome.

Some of the matches I'm excited from each block to watch out for:

Block A:

Block B:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 18:57

I've googled the dates and the UK Tournament will be aired on June 25th - 26th with the 26th show basically being a Takeover.

I wouldn't Google yourself as soon as you click on anything comes up with the winner of the tournament.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2018 - 20:12

Well, this is unexpected.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 13:58

So anyone watch the WWE UKCT then? Having not watched any wrestling in a good few months this event was the perfect way to get back into the swing of things & I loved every bit of it. So excited for the future of NXT with the massive injection of UK talent it is getting so I'll definitely be watching it week in & week out from now on.

---

In other wrestling views I got around to watching that Andre the Giant documentary through sky on demand & it was also great. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 17:23

Will NXT actually see the UK talent when NXT UK starts proper?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 17:43

masofdas wrote:
Will NXT actually see the UK talent when NXT UK starts proper?

The show only announced the new brand and live tour dates they will be doing under that name, I know a UK produced series was pitched a while ago but they didn't say anything about it. Anyhow I still think you'll see a good mix of wrestlers going between each brand either way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 17:45

They announced UK tiltes and a UK GM, from what I gather from listening to HHH interviews that it's own show.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 17:58

Yeah I've heard that too but unless I missed it they didn't say anything about the tv show or new titles on the UKCT............oh having a quick wee google says that those eight live events will be tv tapings as well.

But considering certain results from last night my latter point of my last post still stands.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 18:02

Sure I think we get some crossover but with the 8 UK show's being tappings along with new titles etc why it now sounds like it's own brand. Why I'm going to go to Plymouth for one of the shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next