We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so. Empty
PostSubject: Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so.   Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so. EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 22:14

Welp, I'm starting one. (I did look, but if it was elsewhere, I apologise).

I'm quite a way through this, and you know what? I think it might be a favourite. It essentially has the old-school platform exploration that I grew up with on the BBC Micro, but without the "Do Everything in One Life With No Mistakes" mentality that the primitive era of game design provided. It sort of deals with potential serious issues, but there might be a slight language barrier.

Am I the only person playing this?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so.   Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so. EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 10:04

I've been put off by other people's assessments, to be honest. However, with Guacamelee nearly finished I'm teetering on the brink of a Wii U dry spell. I was leaning towards Armillo, but could be swayed in the direction of a good Metroidvania.

Convince me, Jimbob! Er, please. Smile 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so.   Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so. EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 23:07

Hey, you had an Amstrad CPC, right, Balla? (oramithinkingofsomeoneelse) If so, you probably played a load of shitty flick-screen adventures. It's a better one of those. There are some Boy and His Blob style empty corridors going on, but if you like games where you hunt around for new places and things, then this is a good'n. A lot of people aren't keen on the platforming, but I actually feel that it's rewarding when you pull off a sparkle power -> ball attached to robot -> back to Mi -> wall grab combo. Which will probably make no sense, but...

In fact, I wouldn't describe it as a MetroidVania at all.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so.   Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so. EmptySat 9 Aug 2014 - 10:39

Ha, I barely played anything on my Amstrad! I was very young at the time. The platforming sounds almost like Guacamelee's, which is not a bad thing. Might give it a go.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so.   Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey, did we ever have a Knytt Underground topic? Don't think so.
Page 1 of 1