We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread

Go down 
+18
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Athrun888
beemoh
Jimbob
fronkhead
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 21:15

Each Mii type has a separate trophy to unlock by completing Classic and All Star. You'll need to beat both modes with 3 different Miis
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 22:32

Good games again GNamer gang.

A new favourite?:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 9:10

It's been at least, ooh, three days since I came out with a controversial opinion. So, anyone else think that Smash Run is... a bit off? While I love running around the maze and taking on the enemies, the fact that it all builds up to what is frequently a one-minute battle, for which the settings can't be changed, is a massive anticlimax. Would have been better to keep it just as a score attack.

And while I love that you get Cryogonals, Streetpass ghosts, and the Rhythm Tengoku ghosts in there, Sakurai has definitely shown some favouritism in the enemy mix. So many KIU foes. Monoeyes, Reapers, Souffles, the green ghosts with claws, the white ghosts with claws, the flower things, Clubberskulls, Bumpety Bombs, the rock pillars with tiny legs, and I swear I saw an Orne once... Too many, Sakurai, too many!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 11:48

Going off my Mii Brawler, the Mii's seem incredibly over powered. I can see them being banned like Akuma in some SF tournaments.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 12:51

Smash failed to outsell even Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One, which is a big surprise -- I was expecting it to come out below FIFA 15 in the charts, but it came below that and Shadow of Mordor (though the latter is multiplatform).

I'm now actually thinking the Wii U game will prove more popular and have a bigger launch despite the smaller Wii U install base.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/06/fifa-15-blocks-shadow-of-mordor-from-uk-charts-top-spot-4894110/
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 13:29

So are you lot going to stop playing local anytime soon? I've seen a few people online and that's it
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 13:34

People were on last night, Shanks, as mentioned above.  Self not included... Crying or Very sad

fronkhead wrote:
Smash failed to outsell even Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One, which is a big surprise -- I was expecting it to come out below FIFA 15 in the charts, but it came below that and Shadow of Mordor  (though the latter is multiplatform).

I'm now actually thinking the Wii U game will prove more popular and have a bigger launch despite the smaller Wii U install base.

I think Shadows of Snorebore might turn out to be something of a sleeper hit.  I also think that many people might still be perceiving SSB3DS as a stopgap before the U version, sadly.  

Although with the proliferation of old stages, only two big single-player modes, and the major addition being a multiplayer mode that (a) requires multiple other players with 3DSes and copies of the game in the same room and (b) is somewhat naff, I'm almost inclined to agree.  Best stopgap ever, though.

If the rumour of extra characters being unlocked by linking the versions is true (the companion DLC rumour being practically refuted suggests not), that should provide a boost, albeit a rather cynical boost.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 18:24

Balladeer wrote:
And while I love that you get Cryogonals, Streetpass ghosts, and the Rhythm Tengoku ghosts in there, Sakurai has definitely shown some favouritism in the enemy mix.  So many KIU foes.  Monoeyes, Reapers, Souffles, the green ghosts with claws, the white ghosts with claws, the flower things, Clubberskulls, Bumpety Bombs, the rock pillars with tiny legs, and I swear I saw an Orne once...  Too many, Sakurai, too many!

Thought this myself looking through the trophies - the Kid Icarus category is way too big for the amount of games he's in. Kid Icarus has too much of a showing in this game and it's annoying.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 18:45

It was the same in Brawl though was it not? SSE was mostly Kid Icarus before we even had Uprising!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 19:31

Balladeer wrote:
And likewise, Jas.  Fox also sounds strange to me - what's happened to his voice since Lylat Wars?

When I first heard Fox go "fire!" I thought it sounded like Wario from Mario Kart 64.

I'm loving this so far. Some of the new stages are phenomenal
Balla to the rescue!:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 19:43

I'm quite enjoying smash run now after not thinking much about it to begin with, even though the final battles are short they can be quite crazy depending on the abilities your opponents have acquired.

I do think they've missed a trick not allowing us to play it online though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 22:53

I imagine that it wasn't a trick they could miss - the servers aren't that great dealing with regular matches, let alone loading the entire labyrinth four times at once. (And no, that's not just my dodgy Talktalk Internet.)

Rum Rapture wrote:
I'm loving this so far. Some of the new stages are phenomenal (********? Brilliant!).

Agreed, but there aren't enough of 'em. Hissy fit (And spoiler that unlockable, Rummy.)

I'm really enjoying the two Zelda stages. It's a shame that I'm not such a fan of Gaur Plain, because the music is phenomenal (natch). And saying that makes me, once again, rue the recycled stages - so much opportunity for a brilliant DKCR/DKCTF stage with David Wise's music. Come the Wii U version...

Unlockable stage comments:
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 22:55

So, I have played quite a bit over the past few days and I really like the gameplay. I have done a few online matches and all were close to unplayable which is a shame. Still, local mode is a blast and the cpu at level 9 offer a decent challenge.

As for game modes... kind of average, classic is nice and simple, all star offers a good challenge. Smash Run is weird but I can see it being fun with human players.

The roster is good but I cant help but feel that Charizard, Lucario and Greninja are all underwhelming. I have to say that Pikachu and Jigg are the superior pokemon fighters which I would never have expected before playing.

From a competitive point of view im tipping Pit to do well, two attacks that reflect projectiles (that side special... wow) and a side smash that has more range and power than it appears. Zero suit, Pac-Man also look really good.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 7:19

I HATE Gaur Plain, seriously, who designed that? You're far too close to the top on the proper platform and everyone just falls down the middle. Absolute balls. Every other stage is good though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 9:29

I don't think I hate any stage. I haven't turned a single one off on Random Select, which is something I've usually done by now. Mushroomy Kingdom may be the first to go, but it hasn't come up enough yet.

I'm really starting to be grateful for the demo.: there are so many characters that I haven't had time to practice with one for any length of time, and thus find a "main". The one I've played the most games with is Samus, but that's because it's required to unlock a challenge.

Speaking of which, most of my Golden Hammers are going to be used on Smashpass challenges, I can tell. Haven't got a single SSB3D hit yet.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 10:24

I got 7 yesterday alone Dance Mine will probably be used on Smash *yawn* Run. I'm sure it's fun in MP but it's not fun single player. I did skip the combo challenge in the first panel because I couldn't get over 7...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 10:43

That's another good point - see above for my thoughts on Smash Run. You can't even change customise it, or change the level of the CPU foes - what's up with that? Do you unlock Smash Run settings, like in normal vs.?

I guess I'll leave both of those to the end and hope for hits. Although there's also completing 100-Man with every character... Sleep This is my problem with achievement systems, and I wouldn't do it with a non-Smash game.

Oh, and I looked on the Internet for help with the combos. Laughing A hint: Smart Bombs.
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:11

I used one of my Golden Hammers to get the Pac-Maze stage earlier. This BMG is to good to wait, https://youtu.be/1aVMd2hxG7I

I'm on Challenge Panel 2... 'Max combo of 40' DAMN YOU!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:15

If you want an even bigger hint than the one above...

To get a combo. of 120+:
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:27

Balladeer wrote:

To get a combo. of 120+:

I just did this! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:52

It seems I'll have to spend a bit of coin to smash the 300 boxes. And then get the 10 different things I need to get in the smash run and finally the 3 different outfits
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 17:09

Balladeer wrote:

To get a combo. of 120+:

That's exactly what I did - there's a later challenge for 400+ combos over all characters, so just pick a few fast characters and do the above method.

I think the toughest challenge I've completed yet is either the 4+ KOs on Cruel Melee or the 50+ on Rival Smash. I can give tips on either of those if you're struggling.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 17:26

I've managed the Rival Smash one.

Cheap as f**k method:

Only managed 2 KOs in Cruel, though. Doesn't seem as horrible as in previous games. Will see if I can't outwit them using Jigglypuff.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 18:52

If you're struggling:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 22:46

I did it a slightly different way, after much experimentation:

Cruel Mêlée is rubbish anyway:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next