We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread

Go down 
+18
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Athrun888
beemoh
Jimbob
fronkhead
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 11:19

Fox is an amazing character if you can use him though.  He's light as a feather but his attacks have good damage output, all come out extremely fast, and his general maneuverability allow him to easily rush down other characters both on the ground and in the air.  Honestly he reminds me a bit of a fighting game character in what he requires for play.  Not to mention his side special doesn't use up his third jump any more, so now he can come back to the stage from almost anything if it doesn't actually kill him.

I'm actually liking pacman at the moment, he's not going to be my main or anything but I'm actually finding him fun to play as.  Just figured I'd say that given how much I hated on him back when he was announced. I'm also giving Shulk another chance and finding him fun to use. I really wish they'd done more with him than generic sword attacks for his special moves, but I've got over that and I'm finding him fun to use. His side and up smash attacks require different play to the other sword users due to their strict directional range. And as for his aura's, I'm find the best use for them isn't to always actually use them, just because you can activate the smash aura or damage aura doesn't mean you should use either. Sometimes using the jeavy aura is actually really good, gives him better weight than characters like Ganondorf which can provide some relief when you're hurting. Jump aura and speed aura are still both useless though, I don't think I'm ever going to find a proper use for those two.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 13:50

andyman949 wrote:
I hate Fox, I really, really hate Fox... Had to try it so many times with him, his moves are awful.

I'm with you - I got so salty trying to beat All Star with him and Falco, couldn't do it.

I've been playing a lot of For Glory as Ganondorf and Ness lately. Pretty sure Ganondorf's had a speed boost since Brawl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 13:56

I'm going through classic with everyone and yeah there be some where I've ended up at 5.0 difficulty, still haven't touched Pac Man apart from beating him up online
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 14:08

The heavy characters seem to have received much more of a buff this time. Bowser, DK, that chap you mentioned (who is still unlockable, by the way!). Ike seems much the same, however, apart from Eruption's flames becoming blue.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 17:44

I can't say I see what is so difficult with fox and all star, just cleared it on hard with fox and found it fairly easy myself. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 18:41

He's good at one on one situations but I just find him so lacking against more than one opponent.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 20:22

I guess, that's a problem I have with most characters in All Star myself.  I actually found it easier to maintain crowd control with fox because of the sheer speed behind his attacks.  I could nip in, fire off a small combo or jab, then get out before I got mobbed like I would with the heavyweights.  His ability to use his up smash while dashing was also really handy in crowd control, keeping their numbers down and landing kill hits quickly and easily once someone was over 100 percent.

Just finished all star with greninja, unlocking the Ice Climbers trophy in the process. Poor guys, their history with smash bros wasn't even acknowledged in the description!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 22:29

Reading all of this I think I must just be a bit shit at Smash. I am quite happy just fighting three level 4 CPU opponents with everyone (including myself) set as a random character and when I'm landed with with some characters I don't even win those brawls.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 1:19

Either I've never give her a proper chance or Peach has radically improved, she seems to have a good balance of speed and power that I never noticed before and her recovery is still as good as ever.

I'm finding that my favourite is still Fox but the number 2 spot is still available, Little Mac, Link and Pit have piqued my interest more so than the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 11:20

Peach seems to have got a power boost more than anything else, but I think her sister-out-of-wedlock Rosalina might be one of my favourites. I'm not up there on the Luma-zoning yet, but if you have them stuck together, they do untold amounts of damage. Much prefer them to the Climbers of yore.

Anyway, I've recently tried out the three characters who were getting a hard time, and as you'd expect from a game where the balancing was so paramount, I've found some good points.

Palutena does have some solid smashes, and her dash attack's nice and strong too. She's still a bit clumsy in the air, and two of her default specials remain off (Auto-Reticule and Reflect), but any character with a Counter can get some good use out of it.

I need to start Thundering with Pikachu more, especially now that it can go through platforms. Thunder and Thunder Jolt seem to be the basis of his game. Better suited to hit-and-run, and still not all that when dealing with multiple foes.

And I honestly don't see the problem with Fox. His smashes are pretty strong and fast for a speedy character, as are his forward and upwards air attacks. Cleared All-Star with him no problem.

Rum Rapture wrote:
Reading all of this I think I must just be a bit shit at Smash. I am quite happy just fighting three level 4 CPU opponents with everyone (including myself) set as a random character and when I'm landed with with some characters I don't even win those brawls.

Four all-random characters remains my favourite form of Smash (damn clones DAMN YOU! ), and as soon as I finish with the challenges I'll be back to that. Granted, they'll be on level 9...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 11:31

I've always hated Fox, not only do I find his moves often fire him off the stage but I just don't think there's anything special to him. His only decent special is his up b and I don't like his normal attacks. I think I even prefer King Dedede to him...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 11:49

I've per hated Fox since the 64 days
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 21:55

Dedede I can't get my head around.  He ought to be great: a fat guy with range, a projectile (more reliable in this game), and one heck of a jump.  But he's not.  More practice required there, I think.

Meanwhile, Robin continues to be stupidly good in multi-way brawls.  His/her weapons don't break before they've done stupid levels of damage, and they regenerate quickly enough.  I can't get the hang of Nosferatu, annoyingly.

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 23 Oct 2014 - 7:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 22:06

Dedede's superb. Great spacing with his Gordo projectiles, surprisingly strong aerials, one of the best neutral A combos in the game, great recovery and the best crouch ever.

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 Screen-8
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed 22 Oct 2014 - 22:51

Ooft, I think everyone's getting into this a bit more than I am: I just run about with Sonic and batter the shite out of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 0:30

I think I need a good run with different characters, there's still loads of newbies I have barely touched, the aforementioned Rosalina is one I've yet to decide on and Shulk seems to be hit or miss for me so I need to learn to use him well, Dedede is also someone I've barely tried despite being a veteran now.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 7:55

Christ level 9 classic was a disappointment. Tried Greninja for the first time and still cleared it with no problem. I thought back when I unlocked the secret fire emblem character and was on the opposite end of ledge guarding that the AI at its highest level would be more organic and difficult in the past, seems I was mistaken.

On a positive note Greninja is awesome and I'm seriously considering making him my main.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 8:58

The path up to the last battle is easy enough but I've not managed to win that yet.
As for Greninja he's alright, I've not got any real love for him yet though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 9:41

It feels a bit flimsy for me.

And bully for you, all finding Classic 9 easy. Rolling Eyes I really struggle with both the 2v2 (often 1v2 after the first half-minute) and metal battles, not to mention Shaydas-Tabuu.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 11:49

I still haven't beaten 9.0.. I just can't beat the hands black thing
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 16:45

What can I say, I guess I was cursed with this talent.  Sad

And I'm definitely making greninja my main. I'm loving his set of moves, a combination of highly usable convential attacks with some interesting specials, coupled with a not too shabby air game. They finally made a pokemon whose style suits my own. It figures my pokemon main is what amounts to a sword user though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu 23 Oct 2014 - 19:29

Classic 9.0? My highest finish so far was on 4.5. Embarrassed Main is Mario. My imagination is slight.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 24 Oct 2014 - 0:21

So it seems that for now Greninja is my main Pokemon but that may change in 2015 after I get the Wii U version as well. Of course it all depends on how it plays and what version of the final smash will be.
And that's all I have to say about that as I haven't seen the direct yet
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 24 Oct 2014 - 0:49

I'm still working my way up to 9, on 8 I think at the moment but as I'm trying to do it with all the characters I'm getting to the naff ones (characters I can't use) so it's getting quite difficult.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 9:31

Finally got that challenge I was stuck on so I've started doing more of the challenges. Though funnily enough I managed to do most of the second panel in one hit as well as getting a few done on the third panel.

So I'll probably keep at it for another week then give it a rest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next