We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)

Go down 
+6
fronkhead
Buskalilly
shanks
ZeroJones
masofdas
Balladeer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 12:33

Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 231pha12Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 232don11

Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 13990010

Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 Wannab10

Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 3251_210

I mean, whatever floats your boat, but you aren't convincing me that this is going to scratch the Pokemon itch with critters like that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 12:52

It's semi-sarcastic, and there are better designs on offer (Jibanyan, the mascot, is pretty cool, and I've seen a kitsune floating around), although I kinda do like Fidgie for his daftness. At the end of the day it probably isn't going to scratch the Poké-itch, but then nothing else out at the moment is either, and it's sold something like a bajillion copies without being F2P so there must be something going for it.

Play it if you want, don't if you don't! I'll be giving it a go.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 15:38

This is at the end of NLife's review

The groundwork is here for a franchise that could thrive for a long while to come, but Level-5 needs to rethink a few design decisions and put more focus into plot before Yo-Kai Watch reaches its full potential.

It's on it's 3rd game in Japan and may have reached it's full potential as this the first game that were getting that came out in 2013. Okay you have to review what's in front of you and I guess will have to sell well in the west for us to get 2 & 3 over here to see that possible potential but just found a little odd.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 9:12

Forgot this existed until a few days ago, when a tweet for the official Twitter account appeared in my timeline. Now we have a date - 29th April! Dance
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 9:32

That's excellent news
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 9:39

Chuffing brilliant. Grin It's suddenly looking like a very good year for the old 3DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 15:56

Been saying that for a while Balla and if the NX is sort of replacing both systems in one go, it looks like the 3DS is going out with a bang unlike the Wii U's whimper.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016 - 17:38

I'm into Pokémon and I'm into ghosts. I like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:08

Anyone downloaded the demo yet?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:31

Yup! Once I've played it, I'll let you know more! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 18:24

I downloaded it, haven't had a chance to play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 22:52

I've also downloaded it... and I've also not played it yet. Watch this space!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 8:01

Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 Goodnewseveryone

I come to you fresh from playing the Yo-Kai Watch demo to completion.

DIGRESSION ALERT: Combo Breaker? Am I doing it right? [/befuddledoldman]

Yo-Kai Watch demo thoughts; Zero content:

I'm even more definitely getting it now. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 8:27

I still haven't played this yet, I got as far as putting in the details and that's it
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 6:37

I tried the demo yesterday, not sure about the combat system or the look of some of the Yo-Kai buyt I did like the world of springdale which reminds me a bit of moterville in Ni No Kuni.

I think if April remains how it is then this will get picked up.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Mar 2016 - 22:59

Blitzed through the demo, and it's unique enough that I think I might buy the full game. The battle mode and Yo-Kai spotting are both pretty unusual and although they might turn out to be a little shallow, it was pretty fun!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 10:49

I still haven't got around to playing the demo., but this comes out this week and I just pre-ordered. Foolish? Ah well, can't wait to get my Fidgephant on.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:23

Think I'm going to take a step back on this one for the time being. I'll not play it until I've finished Bravely Second anyway. Make no mistake, though - it will be bought.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 18:56

Glorious presentation, innit? I suppose that's Level-5 for you. What's Fat Mr. Ghosty (as he shall now be known)'s game, though? What is his game?

I've nicknamed my Yo-Kai thus far after Pokémon, because I'm unoriginal. So far we've got Ninjask the ninja cicada (honestly YKW that is a bit too close for comfort), and Pumpkabu the pathetic bird with a creepy face under its feathers.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Jun 2016 - 12:05

We've now got Yo-Kai toys in work, I've not had a proper look but cool to see things in the wild.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016 - 1:08

It's really growing, I've started seeing it everywhere, maybe time for me to jump on the hype train.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016 - 6:55

Do it! I've really enjoyed my time with this. It's up there with the 3DS Pokémon games, partly because those weren't astronomical (the difficulty curve and small number of new monsters stick out like two sore thumbs), and partly because this, despite many similarities, is genuinely something new.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016 - 19:22

I hope you're right about this game Balla as I could have got Metroid Prime & Harvest Moon on Cube instead.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 9:51

Given the price reduction in GAME, the lowered price point and the cash on my loyalty card, I've just picked this up for forty-two pence. Cool I am very much looking forward to playing. Hopefully I can get it done before DQVII comes out. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 19:40

How're you finding it, Zero my man?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)   Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yo-Kai Watch (Not a Sequel to Monkey Watch)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next