We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition

Go down 
+14
flora-chan
oldschool
Vidofnir
shanks
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Athrun888
JayMoyles
beemoh
Buskalilly
Balladeer
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 17:00

DON'T YOU DARE! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 17:07

Eep! Okay, sir. Sick
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 17:39

To me it looked better as a SD games looks awful on my TV, and can't be bothered to plug the U into my old CRT.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 14:46

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 Switch10

Bit of a bump this one but I was thinking about XCDE the other day as I was sort of excited for it. The reason why I was is if I were to go back through this thread or look at reviews it was received positively even Jas played it.

Now as you know I played it when it came out on Wii, I even bought a Wii for it back in 2011 along with wanting Skyward Sword, Last Story, Pandora Tower which were all still come to Wii at the time.

To me, Xeno seemed dated from a graphical standpoint that might be on my as by 2011 I would have been playing Xbox 360 for 5 years 9 months and the PS3 for 4 years 6 months in HD etc then again I enjoyed the other three games I mentioned on Wii.

I did play the New 3DS version which was enjoyable enough, just never got too far with it, I'm gathering something else came out that distracted me (Same happened with the other two Xenoblade games).

Still, with what I know about the game, an HD version is something I would like as it fixes my issue with the Wii version just it's a JRPG which will be out after playing (Could even chuck TMS #FE in the mix) Persona 5 Royal which is an enhanced version of maybe my favourite JRPG of all-time which is so stylish, Final Fantasy VII Remake which so far is a grand re-telling of a classic, then I've got preordered Sakura Wars which seems to be a lower-tier game but on the silly Japanese side of things.

It's a long time between now and late May but I worry that after those three games with two being very modern that Xenoblade even though it will look better will still seem dated from a gameplay perspective and I know later in the year the Switch is getting Bravely Default II which is old-school on purpose, Trails of Cold Steel III which I'm told I'll like and Tales of Arise on PS4ONE.

It seems a good year for JRPG's in general (less so on Xbox One, which is still my biggest thing going into next-gen) just XCDE might be a good game may be at the wrong time due to what's out.

Still BDII might get delayed or nothing comes out in June that I can give XCDE the old college try then.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 16:18

If you don't want to play it, don't play it. I don't understand why a lot of people seem to create excuses not to play a game - it's something I've noticed with IGN's Nintendo podcast too. There's a reason it's now a key franchise for Nintendo. Xenoblade Chronicles is widely considered the best RPG on the Wii and the best JRPG of that generation. It breathed life into the genre after a decade that saw the emergence of dominant western RPGs like Fallout 3 and the Elder Scrolls series. It is a huge game, granted, but it's another beautiful videogame that managed to squeeze everything out of the hardware it was on. It's basically running on glorified GameCube hardware. In HD, it should be a glorious version of a great game. Give it a chance. It's a shame that it isn't out this month, as it's the type of game that would blossom in the current climate.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 16:33

The Masofdas Xenoblade sandwich thing remains my favourite forum meme that didn't take off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 16:36

What you're saying gJones about it is why I want to try it again as I must be missing something as to why people seem to like as they do and not like I don't like the genre but I just got this feeling after playing three "better" JRPG's I may end up disappointed in Xenoblade.

Personally May into June is a better release date as almost nothing coming out then, that a big JRPG works well for me.

The sandwich thing was a bit silly, yet that is a sticking point was the SD nature of the game, I just couldn't get into it because of how it looked.

Just seen the new thread title, you know it's neither of those things right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 19:01

I actually do think that you're right, and that the game hasn't aged well visually: the sandwich was just a bizarre area to focus on. Can't imagine that the combat and exploration are any less than stellar these days though.

It's your OP, feel free to change the title. 🤷
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 19:15

More that I was taken out of the experience which I was very engaged in anyway but this is 9 years ago I'm talking about though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 21:47

I can attest to enjoying the combat from what I played of the 3DS version, and I can only imagine it'll play even better with a proper controller in my hands, but I do think the exploration was hampered by the fact I was playing on a smaller screen. One for the TV, this one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Apr 2020 - 22:05

I'm on the Lite which may work in its favour as the three games I mentioned all on TV, that Xeno will be a different playing perspective and I do like a RPG on a handheld which comes from Pokémon, I would guess.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 Apr 2020 - 22:15

I hope it does, but I must admit that I found I'd much rather be playing the game on a TV when I reached the likes of Gaur Plains.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 8:37

It's all about the tunes anyhoo, so if you've got some good headphones on the handheld experience should be fine.

That said, I haven’t tried Xenoblade 2 since I got my TV. Maybe the big screen experience will be enough of a difference maker that I’ll stick with it and get stuck in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 9:32

JayMoyles wrote:
I hope it does, but I must admit that I found I'd much rather be playing the game on a TV when I reached the likes of Gaur Plains.

The bigger screen and better graphics will also help but does go back to what I was saying though as I can imagine Bravely Default II will feel right at home on a handheld.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 18:47

Buskalilly wrote:
It's all about the tunes anyhoo, so if you've got some good headphones on the handheld experience should be fine.

True fact.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 9:32

They're all I speak, SON.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 19 Apr 2020 - 13:31

Just put up May's games and this is like the only game coming out worth looking at (Well W101 but I feel we all played that and I even own still on Wii U and can't be a lot different unlike like this) that I think I'm more likely to get it and the gap between Sakura Wars depending on how long that is, is about a month that I shouldn't be RPG'ed out.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 17:54

I picked this up recently and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with it so far. I've played up to more or less where I left off on the 3DS version, but having a proper telly to play this on instead of the dinky 3DS screen has made for a much more engaging adventure. Gaur Plain felt properly massive on the TV and there's a better sense of scale in general. The new character models are really doing a lot for the story too - seeing the characters actually emote makes a huge difference for the story's more emotional beats.

Solid remaster, this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:16

Do let us know how you're getting on Moyles. I've got a big soft spot for ol' XC, and would love to follow somebody else through the story - much though I still think it's bloody cheeky for them to release the same game in three consecutive generations at full price. What is this, Skyrim?

Also: I guess my suggestion that you play something short and fun will be falling on deaf ears huh. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 18:22

Aha, fun for sure but definitely not short!

Yeah, I've no story thoughts as of yet as I'm still replaying what I got through on 3DS, but I'll chime in when I get there. I have been spoiled on a couple of things thanks to Smash...

Spoiler:

... but I'm sure there'll still be plenty of twists and turns along the way. I am curious what Alvis's whole deal is.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Nov 2020 - 9:58

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and now I've finished Octopath I've booted it up. Barely started, but I noticed Jay has been playing it recently so wondered where he'd gotten to and what he thinks.

I got a fair way into it on Wii but that was years ago, and I think still pretty far from the end, so while I know some major plot points there's a lot I've forgotten. Looking forward to getting stuck in, but I probably won't finish it for months and months and months!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 22 Nov 2020 - 11:11

I ended up trading this, after sinking 30+ hours into it. I got to Prison Island and ultimately lost interest, coupled with playing on a Switch Lite which was giving me hand cramps. The thing is, I enjoyed my time with it, but perhaps it is better suited to the big screen. Having sunk a similar amount of hours into it on the Wii, and getting further this time, I reckon I'll buy it again on the Switch 2 when it inevitably releases again Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2020 - 21:08

It's Nintendo's Skyrim, apparently. Definitely wouldn't be as good on the Lite though. Hope you finish it next time GJones!

How's it going, Rum?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2020 - 6:55

Everything is Nintendo's Skyrim. If they can get another sale out of you, they'll pump out another release.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2020 - 18:18

Balladeer wrote:
How's it going, Rum?  

I'm really feeling it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next