We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition

Go down 
+6
Athrun888
Gwyn400
fronkhead
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:26

I think Andy shares the same one as me on her.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:28

Well, that's Andrew "Wrongpinion" Man949 speaking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Aug 2017 - 10:16

So this

Spoiler:

Is a thing apparently!  Got a bit lax with my healing when he started busting out his Super Tyrant Fist and so Joker went down on my first try.  Sucks because I actually survived the first time he busted it out so I knew how much damage it'd do, but hey that's what I get for being lax with my HP near the end of one of the last major bosses in the game.  Won't be making the mistake of leaving Joker's HP below the 400 mark after I get his HP below half a second time!

Also dat music! Rivers in the Desert finally shows itself and it's as glorious as expected.  If I had a top five Persona themes this'd definitely be in it!

And while I'm here lets talk about the traitor one last time.  

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 10:22

Finally we get to the depths of Mementos and there's that lovely nihilism typically seen at the end of the story!  Nice to see creepy disturbing Persona return!  The enemies here are also pretty rough, almost been wiped out several times now, especially with the pseudo boss fight featuring three back-to-back encounters, by the time I got to the third round half the squad was dead and I was scrambling to preserve Joker and Haru.  

Going to have a big session tonight and see if I can't wrap things up before the evening is out.

-----------------------

Holy crap THE REVEAL

Major spoilers, duh.:

Well, better get back on with the game if I want to finish it before bed-time!

-----------------------

WELP, looks like this is going to have to wait till tomorrow.  See, I got very cute with the final boss.  Before the reveal I used the Strength S.link's special ability and fused myself the ultimate Magician Persona despite being ten levels lower.  A lovely thing all round, with some very nice skills both learned and inherited, the Charge + Brave Blade combo was particularly nice and allowed me to practically coast through the final final dungeon.  

So I get to the final boss fight and I see him have a extra appendage that reflects wind attacks.  Me being me I decide to completely ignore this game design method of warning me to be careful.  I proceed to knock out the second appendage without any issue, bopping it on the head the turn it rears its head having Charged up the previous turn.  Then the third one pops up, and again I'm perfectly timed to bop it with a Brave Blade right off the bat.  What could possibly go wrong!?  

Well, aside from it reflecting my 298HP costing Charged Brave Blade right back at Joker for an insta-Game Over, nothing at all!  Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 22:48

Final boss spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 15:39

Honestly as far as the story goes I feel Persona 5 did everything better than its direct predecessor with the minor exception of slice of life antics.  To be honest this game probably came the closest Persona in the modern era to nail the blend between what modern Persona is and SMT (from what I've seen of SMT), right down to the whole game's conflict of a battle between law and chaos.  

Final plot thoughts, spoilers abound!:

And now we come to the most important aspect of any Persona game, who the best girl/guy/animals are!  So without further ado!

Objective Best Guy

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 Yusuke10

Objective Best Animal

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 P5_mor10

And last, but not least, ObjectiveYouHaveBadTasteIfYouThinkOtherwise Best Girl!

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 Haru11
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Oct 2017 - 15:18

Okay, real talk, what is with those who "waifu" Futaba? No. Just no.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2019 - 14:20

End of this month Atlus have a Persona 5 S thing which was just announced as the website has just gone live for that, my thinking it's a Switch port with a few extra bits maybe like Persona 3 FES.

Then the day after Persona 5 The Royal is getting more info which looks like it will be a PS4 game and sort like P3P as it seems we will have a female playable character.

Unless even crazier it's like Pokemon, Fire Emblem Fates and there are two versions of the same game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 1:11

Athrun888 wrote:
Okay, real talk, what is with those who "waifu" Futaba?  No.  Just no.  

Missed this post. Laughing

Agreed wholeheartedly, by the way.

masofdas wrote:
End of this month Atlus have a Persona 5 S thing which was just announced as the website has just gone live for that, my thinking it's a Switch port with a few extra bits maybe like Persona 3 FES.

Then the day after Persona 5 The Royal is getting more info which looks like it will be a PS4 game and sort like P3P as it seems we will have a female playable character.

Unless even crazier it's like Pokemon, Fire Emblem Fates and there are two versions of the same game.  

I really hope they release the new content as DLC, like what FFXV did with its Royal Edition content. I really cannot see myself buying the game over again for a bit of extra content.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 7:14

It's Atlus and really depends what it is, the whole female protagonist could change the game dramatically that could be worth getting again Royal plus if that's the whole game not sure if could do as DLC in same as FFXV which the boys are at separate bits

and the Switch (more than likely) will be about having it on the go.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 21:33

Is it confirmed we're definitely getting a female protagonist? I read some tweets saying the girl in the initial trailer was talking about the Phantom Thieves in a negative light, so surely that can't be Joker?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 21:39

It's all rumors and doesn't have to be Joker does it to be a playable female character, which could be interesting if she's going after the Phantom Thieves.

I know how good Golden is and peeps seem to like the other versions, that I do feel a enhanced extra content version can work.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 9:36

Right we now have trailer and details on Royal which is out October in Japan but 2020 in the west exclusive to PS4

The new girl is Kasumi Yoshizawa and seems she can be a party member

New confidant called Takuto Maruki the school counsellor who appears after something happens in the game

A new mystery guy which I'm 99% sure is Morgana in human form.

An expanded story which includes a third semester which is Jan to March which the trailer shows Hatsumode and this likely means valentines and white day will appear.

New locations which in the trailer shows a part of Tokyo added which has club/pub with pool tables etc

Characters now will post pictures in chat and more social links will be available.

Palaces have been remixed and now include more powerful enemies

QoL changes like being able to track stats and I didn't find an issue with the end but some seem to think with QoL improvements and a 3rd semester it will fix the end.

New music tracks and the seems this not just an enhanced version but sounds like it's been made for PS4 in mind where P5 was the same on PS3 and 4 that we have graphical improvements and PS4 Pro support.

More info is coming in May but it is sounding good already also later today we should get info on Persona 5S.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 0:03

One for a sale, for me. Like I mentioned above, the new content sounds nice and all but I'm not rebuying the game at full whack.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 18:18

It's a tough one as seen people why isn't it DLC, now I'm not a game dev but has to be in my mind rather hard to add new characters just in the middle of the game along with other stuff then graphical updated.

That it does seem to be a new game but just if it's 150hrs long we've sort of played 100hrs of it already.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 21:32

It's a remixed game, absolutely, but I'd have hoped they'd give existing owners of P5 a chance to upgrade at a reduced price much like FFXV did with its Royal Edition.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 21:49

I get the comparison and I could ask EofGiz or another Dev as I do reckon they'e very different to develop the extras for though. Still could have a discount for the new game though for current owners but guess that would also only people who bought Persona 5 digitally.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 23:59

A new trailer for P5R dropped today. It looks they've remixed the main story to a fair degree, but it's not managed to convince me to move from my standpoint that I wish there was a FFXV Royal Edition style upgrade available for owners of the base game. Still, if this is your first time playing P5 then it looks like it's going to be even better than before.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 0:25

I still personally feel it's very different the content between Persona 5 Royal and Final Fantasy XV Royal but a discount for Persona 5 Royal would have been cool, digitally mind.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 1:15

I mean, P5:R and FFXV's Royal Edition are very similar in concept... I think there was still a substantial chunk of new content and remixing going on in FFXV, both with the Royal Edition and in free patches.

To list...

FFXV Spoilers, if you care:

If you consider that the price of the season pass and the Royal Edition upgrade was still much cheaper than buying P5:R, I just can't see the value in P5:R. It'll be one for a sale for me, personally... if at all!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 1:37

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree as I still think what Persona 5 Royal is doing is more substantial and far as know just can't be added in especially pretty much rebuilding the game for PS4.

Also I'm basing this of what I've played of Golden in relation to Persona 4 and both were playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6