We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition

Go down 
+6
Athrun888
Gwyn400
fronkhead
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 17:03

Atlus are having a stage event on the 15th at TGS, along with Sony's event that a date must be coming.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 17:09

Fingers crossed it's still this year, although considering Persona 5 will likely coincide with Fallout 4, it wouldn't be a disaster if this slipped into 2016.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 17:14

Both very different games and December does get a few games now, that I wouldn't bet against a December release.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 17:21

Yeah, but they're both bloody massive Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 17:41

I'm saying I don't think there will be much over lap as a lot of Fallout 4 buyers won't touch Persona 5.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 18:28

andyman949 wrote:
Yeah, but they're both bloody massive Laughing

Yeah, that's my issue.

And Mas, I think you're right about Fallout 4 buyers not going for Persona, but I think a lot of folks interested in P5 outside of Japan will be interested in Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 8:07

I honestly doubt Persona 5 will land here this year so I doubt we'll have any conflict. Maybe Japan and bigger maybe the US.  But when was the last time us PAL region plebeians received an Atlus game on the same day or week as our United States overlords?  Laughing

I just pray Nisa handle it, last time Atlus actively handled a release here was SMT4, and we all know how long we were waiting for that one.  Nisa seem to keep it within a reasonable time-frame of a month or two at the absolute most.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 8:11

Who cares as both PS3 & PS4 are region free, that as long as I can play in English. I'm all good.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 9:40

masofdas wrote:
Who cares as both PS3 & PS4 are region free

Those of us who have to use a currency worth 65 US cents per dollar and don't feel like paying over a hundred dollars if they can buy locally for 60 dollars?  

As I grew up learning, you can either buy smart or buy nothing. I don't get to buy the stuff I sometimes post about because I have bags of extra cash (in fact I'm far from it), I get to buy that stuff because I'm extremely careful with my money and when faced with either importing something for almost twice the price or waiting two months, I wait two months.

I'm so tightly squeezed with my expendable income right now that, despite being a big fan of Persona, I actually want this to come out in January or February. Paying over a hundred dollars to import it a couple of months before pal release? Not an option.

Besides this is Atlus, one of the only companies to actually region lock a PS3 game. While that is very unlikely they have done it before.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 9:53

But looking on EB Game's, MGSV: The Phantom Pain a new release is $110 Aus, where $60 USA is $85Aus + Postage.

That it's no real difference in cost, I get wanting to wait in cheaper as when I was a kid I never bought a New game release always used and like £20 not £40. I could never afford it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 11:57

I care too, I'm not importing and risking the damn fees to get a game with incompatible dlc when I could wait a couple of months...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:09

masofdas wrote:
But looking on EB Game's, MGSV: The Phantom Pain a new release is $110 Aus, where $60 USA is $85Aus + Postage.

That it's no real difference in cost, I get wanting to wait in cheaper as when I was a kid I never bought a New game release always used and like £20 not £40. I could never afford it.

Add on twenty dollars postage and it ends up $105, only five dollars less than buying it here, only ordering it here means you get it within three working days, importing meanwhile will take anywhere up to a week.  For that tiny price increase you get a game that, as Andy pointed out, is compatible with your region dlc and any other network features that may crop up.  

I should also mention that when I mention price comparisons, I'm using UK imports which average a good 20% or more cheaper than games locally do.  Metal Gear Solid 5 costs $75 Australian on Ozgameshop for example.  

There are a few differences here between mgs5 and Persona 5 though.  Persona 5 will retail at the same price Tales of Zestiria will retail at ($80 on ps3, 90 on ps4), as it's the same sort of game budget wise.  Mgs meanwhile is a AAA game, and its price reflects that.

Back to persona 5 though, it will in all likelihood retail in the US for $60US, and for me to import would cost around about another $15-20 on postage (sure you could get free for unregistered snail mail, but at that point with a month transit time why even bother importing?  Clearly if you're okay waiting a month you can last two of them).  That means $75-80US.  In current exchange rates (which are likely to get worse in the next few months as we are now on a downward trend that I suspect has another cent or two to drop before steadying) and remembering Paypal usually shorts a few cents themselves (so the rate will likely be 65 cents to the dollar) that comes out to $123.76AU.  

Meanwhile the PAL release will in all likelihood retail at Ozgameshop for between $55-65AU.  A lot cheaper.  Even assuming they go higher and it goes for seventy dollars I will still save fifty(!) dollars by waiting.  That right there is Danganronpa Despair Girls, or Trails of Cold Steel, or Tales of Zestiria.

With how squeezed I am right now even five dollars is worth saving though.  Save five dollars on a couple of games and that right there can buy me a book.  It's small but many savings like that that get me my seemingly plentiful expensive collectibles.  And trust me, starting january I'll be taking up so many financial responsibilities that I'll need that just to afford a few games.  I'm enjoying my last few months of seeming carefree spending right here.  I'm not wasting a game's worth of it just to get Persona 5 a few months early.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 17:50

I agree there's a lot to take into account, and reasons not to import and reason to import.

Myself am not bothered as all the imports I've had I've never payed any taxes on them, so that if I can get Persona 5 in December for $60 or £39 + some postage or wait till Feb which actually has some decent games coming out and pay what ever the postage is less then, I'm willing to import.

DLC isn't a issue either as I've got a American PSN which anyone can set-up for free.

This isn't even 2001 when I was tempted to import a GameCube from Japan, now a days it much easier to get something from the other side of the world with no issue.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:39

Well, looks like the above debate has just been rendered irrelevant, Persona 5 has been delayed until 2016 in Japan.  So nobody is getting this puppy this year.  

Good news for me, I've got to scramble together $4000 and pay off about $3000 of rentals before next August, this being spread out makes that just a little bit easier.  With any luck this won't release until all of that's been dealt with and I'm back to my good old cash splashing ways.

Oh, and the new trailer for those that might be interested.

Game is looking super smooth right now, looks like after the misstep of Persona 4 we're getting right back on track with some good proper darkness in this badboy. Also the cat is confirmed best character ever, I've no idea what it was saying but it's confirmed best character!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 16:41

If they need more time, glad it's not being rushed. Also isn't it Summer for USA as well, I was iffy on PS3 version coming to the west now I think it's even less likely as PS3 is dead already outside of Japan.

I will still import as what we going to get in the late 2016 at the earliest but most likely early 2017.

Also Persona 4 misstep, huh. I've not played it but everyone says how great it is and Atlus have been milking Number 4 for a while.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 18:14

Nah, Persona 4 isn't a misstep whatsoever - it's a fantastic game. It's just very different thematically from the older Persona games, which were darker.

As for the trailer - looks good! One small niggle for me was the female character's costume was a bit much and was the sort of thing reserved for a joke in the older Persona games. Apart from that, I'm happy with how the game's progressing. Traversing both the world and the dungeons looks really interesting (that UI is GORGEOUS) and there seems to be more to the dungeons rather than just wandering about randomly generated halls bashing Shadows. I mean, that painting traversal bit alone is far more creative than anything I've seen in P3 or P4.

I expected a delay, and to be honest, I'm not too bothered with it. This winter is stacked in terms of games I want to buy, so moving P5 means there's less chance it'd get lost in the shuffle.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 11:24

JayMoyles wrote:
Nah, Persona 4 isn't a misstep whatsoever - it's a fantastic game. It's just very different thematically from the older Persona games, which were darker.

The problem isn't that they just went for a cheerful tone, it's that the tone ended up creating a game that had a major tonal conflict with the key plot.  
Conserving room to avoid hijacking from Persona 5:

Don't get any of this wrong, persona 4 is a top class rpg, it just lacked that punch Persona 3 brought to the table.  Both are essential games for anyone who likes the genre though, and despite everything I've said I'll say that you'll be seriously missing out if you don't play it Mas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 11:28

I did own Golden on me VITA but never played it or the VITA. EofGizmo has said to me get a PSTV for like £30 then Golden for about £15 as it's totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 20:03

Oh, I'm with you Athrun - I really did prefer Persona 3 in regards to its story. I came to that after Persona 4 though, which might be the reason I was utterly blown away by Persona 4 as it was my first exposure to the series.

To segue back into Persona 5, I think P5 is going to manage to blend the darker tone from P3 with the cheerful school times of P4.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2015 - 18:52

Some of the Persona's ahve been shown with this art.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2015 - 19:01

Oh, the MC's Persona is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptySat 3 Oct 2015 - 12:11

Holy moly that is one intimidating and awesome Persona. Might even top Thanatos if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptySun 4 Oct 2015 - 18:41

Do each character have one persona or more then one and is this like a super move in combat?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptySun 4 Oct 2015 - 19:32

It's usually been that the MC will start with one Persona which is used in promotional material and whatnot, and then you'll get the ability to collect Personas and swap them on the fly. The other characters have one which they use throughout the game. Could change for P5 though, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 15:26

Release date probably coming soon, GET HYPED!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition   Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Persona 5 and P5: Royal Edition
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next