We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"

Go down 
+17
Athrun888
beemoh
Rum
Treesmurf
Axis1500
masofdas
oldschool
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 21:47

It makes me sad that I can't play it, though fingers crossed I should be inheriting a 3DSXL when Animal Crossing comes out so I can get cracking with every 3DS game worthwhile since (and including) Kid Icarus
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 21:59

Don't get your hopes up too high about Kid Icarus. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 22:07

I've enjoyed what I played and I didn't have any issues with the default control system so I'm looking forwards to getting back to it assuming it doesn't go downhill.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 11:02

Shush, Stu. KIU is brilliant, and the controls only problematic for the arthritic and uncoordinated. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 0:29

Lies, I don't have arthiritis & I'm very good with my hands so just face it that a good game is spoiled by an awkward control scheme which the developer could have easily fixed (with CPP) if he wasn't so stubborn. Razz
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 2:14

I had no problems with the controls what so ever and loved the game.

And have now started FE last night after giving Luigi a break from ghost busting.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 7:13

The_Jaster wrote:
Lies, I don't have arthiritis & I'm very good with my hands so just face it that a good game is spoiled by an awkward control scheme which the developer could have easily fixed (with CPP) if he wasn't so stubborn. Razz

Rubbish! I'm a clumsy git and I had no problems and... I'm spamming up the FEA thread so let's move on. Hopefully my game should be arriving today!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 12:05

Andddddddddd, i'm done with the main story. Game of the year? Game of the year.

Now to start all over again on a new run Laughing

Also: first DLC news for EU's out. Seems we'll be getting a slightly different schedule to NA/Jap, with us getting the Harvest Scramble and The Golden Gaffe DLCs this week to add to the (currently free) Champions of Yore 1 DLC that's already out. Guess i'm gonna need some eshop credit...and a bit, too. About £5~ per three map set if you buy the bundles.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 19:08

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Rubbish! I'm a clumsy git and I had no problems and... I'm spamming up the FEA thread so let's move on. Hopefully my game should be arriving today!

People keep saying this to me but I personally didn't get on with it, I would've enjoyed it more had the fighting stayed airborne or gave us the option of a sin & punishment set up.

On topic: Now we have this 3ds deal I have even more of a reason to pick up FEA.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 15:32

Having taken payment from my account a week ago, I logged on yesterday and found that nothing had been attributed to my account. Sent customer services an e-mail, and I have just got four e-mails from them, telling me that my game has shipped. Could have been worse, I suppose, but I'm a bit more Suspect about ShopTo now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 17:31

That's rare, ShopTo are normally pretty good, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 18:30

So people say.

Playing my second run now, up to Chapter 12 already. Main aim of this one is mainly to break the game as much as possible in prep for the level-high DLC there'll be later on. Means lots and lots of reclassing...which has led to some interesting ideas. Namely, Merc!Avatar and Merc!Cordelia seem to be quite useful indeed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 18:33

They have been up until now, yes. Could be a one-off. Should get it this week, and then I can join in the discussion! Right now it's just a jumble of meaningless names.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 18:40

Silver light wrote:
So people say.

Playing my second run now, up to Chapter 12 already. Main aim of this one is mainly to break the game as much as possible in prep for the level-high DLC there'll be later on. Means lots and lots of reclassing...which has led to some interesting ideas. Namely, Merc!Avatar and Merc!Cordelia seem to be quite useful indeed.

You should go for Dark Flyer, grab the skill that lets you perform two actions in a turn then reclass. Bonus to this as well is that any children that the character with that skills has will also possess the skill.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 19:13

JayMoyles wrote:
Silver light wrote:
So people say.

You should go for Dark Flyer, grab the skill that lets you perform two actions in a turn then reclass. Bonus to this as well is that any children that the character with that skills has will also possess the skill.

Already far ahead of you on that front. Made up a whole planned out list of pairs and skills to have inherited prior to even starting the save - here's the current version, if you're interested:

Spoiler:

Should result in some rather broken children, for sure. Most of the pairs give good stat cap spreads for them iirc. The only real issue is the level grinding, since it's prolly two weeks at the very least until the easy xp DLC is out X_X
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 19:32

Your Sully/Vaike child is going to be so so strong. Throw Galeforce on there and you're set.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 19:44

My copy dispatched today Smile from shopto no less, they are great even if things go wrong like when they overcharged me for a game I bought last month I had it sorted witha 5 minute phonecall.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 19:46

JayMoyles wrote:
Your Sully/Vaike child is going to be so so strong. Throw Galeforce on there and you're set.

Sully doesn't get P.Knight, Vaike doesn't give it and Kjelle doesn't have it naturally.

*slaps with tome of research*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 20:17

Gah... can Kjelle be class swapped into it, yeah? I really think it is a disgustingly overpowered skill and close to all units should have it.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 20:51

JayMoyles wrote:
Gah... can Kjelle be class swapped into it, yeah? I really think it is a disgustingly overpowered skill and close to all units should have it.

As i said, Kjelle doesn't get the P.Knight line naturally. Only from Gaius, Donnel or the Avatar as father.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 3:09

I am so getting through this with Luck
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 12:50

Okay, I finally have this game waiting for me at home. It's still in its cellophane, just waiting to burst out. However, apart from the amnesia (crap plot device), I have a reservation that I'd like cleared up: does your avatar have a personality? At all? Do they impact on the plot? Or are they just a vehicle for driving events, like in DQIX?
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 13:59

Balladeer wrote:
Okay, I finally have this game waiting for me at home. It's still in its cellophane, just waiting to burst out. However, apart from the amnesia (crap plot device), I have a reservation that I'd like cleared up: does your avatar have a personality? At all? Do they impact on the plot? Or are they just a vehicle for driving events, like in DQIX?

Do they have a personality? Yes
Plot impact? One of the most important characters, really
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 14:23

Thought it might be you. Razz Thanks, and sigh of relief. Can't be doing with tedious mute heroes (looking at you, Golden Sun Dark Dawn! Although to be fair that had more fundamental problems).

EDIT: Whoopee! Tall purple-haired lesbian is go! Kinda wishing this was like Dragon Age, and I could volunteer for same-sex relationships as opposed to having to pair her with Chrom, but I suppose you can't have everything.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 EmptyThu 9 May 2013 - 12:51

I finally made a start!

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 Water-babies-baby

This is the first Fire Emblem game I've gotten into, and it has fully got its claws in. Its actually a completely different game from Advance Wars, isn't it? It lacks the gamey purity, but makes up for it in character and world building.

So far the bromance between me and Chrom is strong, and I've been putting all the most obvious couples together . . . And when I say me, I really mean me. My avatar is called Luke, has the most sensible brown haircut and is about my height. I don't think I'm really getting the "role playing". He can do magic, though, which is nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next