It's Simple, We Smash the Batman

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Nayru's Wisdom
JayMoyles

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 0:55

Ah, yes, it does have that. Although I've not got that far to figure out if that starts you at a disadvantage in that you won't have the best equipment for tackling the later levels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Drunkalilly
Prince of Altea
Drunkalilly

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 13:58

Did anyone see that April Fools Direct that was doing the rounds? It was the most hastily made, obviously a joke thing I've ever seen but the new guy at work believed it all the way to the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:37

What, the IGN one? The IGN one in which the host struggled to click? The one where he announced Bubsy!? Can you fire the new guy for sheer stupidity?

What's that you say? ...aw son of a b*tch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2019 - 22:40

I've also started playing Crypt of the Necrodancer, in preparation for the Zelda-y one. I don't mind it at all, as it's essentially a different adventure each time. I might get frustrated if I don't get to the next "zone" (this is what got me in Spelunky in the end) but right now it's fun to have a quick blast.

Sorry to go back onto this subject, but: Balla, I don't think SWD is a good example of procedural generation. That is more to fill up the space between the levels; it doesn't really affect anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2019 - 22:56

Nah it's alright, and maybe that's true. I didn't find the hand-crafted mine in SWD2 a whole lot better. (I swear I've played another PG game, but I can't for the life of me remember what... Eh? ) I still have a theoretical dislike of the principle behind PG games, but that's not the same as disliking it in practice. We really will see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Tenderloin Minimise
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 5:39

Jimbob wrote:
I've also started playing Crypt of the Necrodancer, in preparation for the Zelda-y one. I don't mind it at all, as it's essentially a different adventure each time. I might get frustrated if I don't get to the next "zone" (this is what got me in Spelunky in the end) but right now it's fun to have a quick blast.

I'm toying with the idea of getting CotN but I don't want to bounce off it like I have others in the genre & then not want the Hyrule version plus last time I checked I still have like 15 games on my Switch watch list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 33 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33