We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching on the television?

Go down 
+35
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Fastpie
Axis1500
Gogoata
SquidgyGoat
Cube
awesomedude
Buskalilly
nupkin
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
Tokyo_Sonata
Vidofnir
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Rum
JayMoyles
ScottGamer17
Admin
shanks
spacemanDOUG
mandlecreed
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Kezz182
Fancy Fancy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 22:33

Today's Doctor Who was surprisingly awful, considering that Neil Gaiman wrote it. Children never help, of course, but even so it seemed like a two-parter condensed into one.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 2:45

Don't say that I was hoping that there would finally be a decent episode. *gets 3DS ready*
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 11:00

I thought it was OK, but I don't see how the children were that bad as they spent most of the time not doing much. I wouldn't want them back mind.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 12:11

I think the problem wasn't so much the pacing (there honestly wasn't enough happening to justify two episodes in my opinion) but the fact the Cybermen were more of a sideshow. And decidedly not scary or interesting in how they were portrayed. More time was spent on the Doctor not being cyberfied which oddly enough wasn't all that interesting or scary either, which is strange given last week had the Doctor out of action briefly and was very creepy with the way it was done. You'd think such a thing could have been incredibly creepy and horrific given the concept but the execution was actually rather boring.

Oh well, next week is the finale and another Moffat episode to boot, so odds are it will be awesome and one of the best episodes of this series.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 12:12

Well since Amy and Rory left in all honesty it wouldn't be that hard
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 16:06

Rory was terrible though! Much prefer Clara to Amy.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 16:09

Yeah he wasn't the best but still did his part, and so far Clara is also just one of those that are there she isn't as bossy as Amy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 18:50

Does this look like the dr who thread? Winky Face Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 19:45

Yeah, from what I've seen. Grin
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 19:52

So once again I am going to do a body swerve of Doctor Who and ask: Has anyone seen this series of The Apprentice? So far, the only woman on there who doesn't fall into the "attractive" category has been ganged up on by a bunch of posh vacuous bimbos who are full of themselves. Not that I'm bitter or anything. :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 20:38

They're all full of themselves, it seems to me! That's the joy of the thing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 12 May 2013 - 21:00

Yeah, though I don't think she does herself any favours by blurting it out in the boardroom...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 5:10

Just saw the mother in how I met your mother, so I was watching that
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 12:08

Too many open ends, bring on season 9 Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 15:51

And Castle had to end like it did as well didn't it.. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 12:39

And so another series of Doctor Who comes to an end. I personally very much liked the ending, it wasn't huge and explosive but had some satisfying confrontations. It also had some very creepy parts which are always welcome.

As for my thoughts on various plot points, naturally don't open this unless you want literally all the big stuff spoiled or have watched the episode.

Spoiler:

Roll on the fiftieth special and series 8! Grin
Back to top Go down
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: What are you watching on television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 13:18

SpongeBob SquarePants.
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 13:46

First of all, Athrun, thank you so much for including the spoiler box! I'd forgotten all about the episode, and your post reminded me to watch it. Would have been horrible for it to be spoiled!

Spoiler:

I'm a little more apprehensive about the fiftieth. David Tennant is okay. Billie Piper is not. Neutral
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:57

Personally very excited about the Doctor Who finale. All of the friends I was watching it with, not so much... they were waiting for Eurovision, methinks!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 19:04

I didn't really know what was going on most of the time. I was fully paying attention but my lack of memory for anything that's happened before may have ruined it a tad for me. I have no idea who the bad guy was.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 0:25

Balladeer wrote:
Billie Piper is not. Neutral

DAMN YOU!

Been avoiding this thread like the plague since last night, but just finished watching it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 4:13

Balladeer wrote:
I'm a little more apprehensive about the fiftieth. David Tennant is okay. Billie Piper is not. Neutral

To be fair if Rose is back then odds are the Doctor won't be emo like Ten was for basically the rest of his run after he lost her, so there's that to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 5:09

He wasn't emo, he wasn't angry but not emo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 7:56

Angry Doctor is best Doctor. Bring back Chris Eccleston!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 9:04

He was a very angry Doctor and was brilliant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching on the television?
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next