The Delta Plus variant of GNamer spreads twice as fast - that's two new users a year!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The New 3DS and 3DSXL

Go down 
+20
Solve My Maze
Axis1500
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
Admin
fronkhead
ZeroJones
oldschool
mandlecreed
Kieron
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Athrun888
JayMoyles
shanks
masofdas
Balladeer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 0:51

So, it should be obvious by my avi, but I got an New 3DS Ambassador edition. Better than the 3DS OG in almost every way. I feel sorry for Americans that will only get the XL version without faceplates.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptySat 17 Jan 2015 - 13:03

I've just placed my order for the N3DS, and now the waiting game begins for Nintendo to dispatch it. Christ this is going to be a long wait!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Sheegoth
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 1:12

Very happy with my nice new New 3DS (dammit Nintendo). Was originally going to just eBay it but I was due a new console sooner or later and it makes me feel all special to be a part of this cool exclusive club. Whistle

I've not had chance to try any of the New 3DS specific features yet but strangely surprised by the C-stick, can't imagine how it'll feel to use it, I guess I'll have to visit Smash 3DS again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 19:01

It feels great.

A bit of a random thought but on the day the New 3DS comes out where getting MM3D, MH4U, Ace Combat, Nintendo Anime, Pokemon Shuffle, very likely Ironfall,  Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe.

Is it me or is that a very very good line-up for a upgrade as what came out with DSi or GBASP for instance.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 15:18

Good point masofdas, that's something I had actually been hoping for myself: for the launch to be accompanied by a bunch of "new" software, in particular Ace Combat.

I'm hoping more developers support the hardware as time goes on. Every big new release ought to be optimised for it, right down to New Atelier Rorona.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 11:31

Might solve the who second gamepad fro the Wii U
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Jan 2015 - 23:50

@fronkhead wrote:
Good point masofdas, that's something I had actually been hoping for myself: for the launch to be accompanied by a bunch of "new" software, in particular Ace Combat.

I'm hoping more developers support the hardware as time goes on. Every big new release ought to be optimised for it, right down to New Atelier Rorona.
True enough. Also the GBA SP didn't get that much of a processing upgrade as the GBC, DSi and 3DS before the new series of 3DS consoles.

Still I am massively hyped for it. I know some had their preorders online and in their stores cancelled by GAME and a few other places, so I'm still in line for a MH4U n3DSXL when it's out. I might have to sort some finances out first before I can get my hands on one though...
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 6:06

We have a New 3DS Zelda XL on order for the release of Majora's Mask, so that will make 3DS number 7 in our house, and yes, I still have all of them. I have had my New 3DS since last November, so I could give you my review of it and I will keep it brief:

The New 3DS is totally worth it. If you have and enjoy the 3DS, you have to upgrade, it is that good.

PLUS:
The stable 3D - it eye tracks you and it works brilliantly. You move and for a moment it is out of focus and then snaps back, which can be a little disconcerting, but it just works. I have the 3D on full all the time and before that I never turned it on at all.

The C Stick - odd little thing, but it works, especially in Monster Hunter 3. Just having control of the camera is very beneficial.

Speed - everything does work that little bit faster and that has to be good.

Amiibo - just put it on the screen and you are done, lovely.

MINUS:
Placement of the On/Off button - this might be just me and I have adjusted how I hold the system, but I kept accidentally turning the damn thing off. Imagine you are holding down a shoulder button and you have a finger at the other end to hold it all in place - for me, that finger placement was where the button is. Again, I have learned to change, but it was annoying.

Get one, you are unlikely to be disappointed. Don't get one and you will be wishing all the time you play on the original that you did.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 7:43

Don't worry, OldSchool - so far I have spent none of the time playing on my old one wishing I had. Tongue

I might get it for MH4, though. C-Stick really seems to be a necessity for that one.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 10:42

I'm still not convinced. I've played 3DS since launch day with 3D on full with little issue, so the improved 3D is a bit of a moot point for me.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 11:47

@Stu_the_great wrote:
I'm still not convinced. I've played 3DS since launch day with 3D on full with little issue, so the improved 3D is a bit of a moot point for me.

You must be a rarity for that Stu. You are the only one I have ever heard say that. I could never get rid of the ghost no matter what and I just assumed I can't do 3D, but the new system showed me I was wrong on that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 11:57

Allow me to make it two, OS! Grin No problems here, even with my original small 3DS. Occasional eye pain, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 13:25

@Balladeer wrote:
Allow me to make it two, OS! Grin No problems here, even with my original small 3DS.  Occasional eye pain, I suppose.

Well Balladeer, there is nothing normal about you, no surprises there. Whistle

You and Stu must be very good at holding it dead still. Mario Kart was a nightmare as I couldn't hold the system still, same for Kid Icarus and Monster Hunter 3, although I am sure there were more.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 13:32

Ghosting is very rare for me. It happened in one or two titles for some reason, but it was easily correctable and not really noticeable to begin with. I can play Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Even StarFox 64 in full 3D without any issues. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 13:38

@oldschool wrote:
Well Balladeer, there is nothing normal about you, no surprises there.  Whistle

Aww, you old sweetie. Wink
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 15:36

@Oldschool wrote:
Placement of the On/Off button - this might be just me and I have adjusted how I hold the system, but I kept accidentally turning the damn thing off. Imagine you are holding down a shoulder button and you have a finger at the other end to hold it all in place - for me, that finger placement was where the button is. Again, I have learned to change, but it was annoying.

Totally agree about the placement of the On/Off button, though I have never turned it off accidentally in fact it's quite the opposite for me & this might because it's a fairly new system but I have to give it a really heavy press to turn it on/off.

@oldschool wrote:
@Stu_the_great wrote:

You must be a rarity for that Stu.  You are the only one I have ever heard say that.  I could never get rid of the ghost no matter what and I just assumed I can't do 3D, but the new system showed me I was wrong on that.

I'm also another who used to play with 3d on all the time with the original system but later down the road I used it only for select games & then eventually none at all, the N3DS does give it a new lease of life.

The ghosting issue has been a weird one for me as for most games I get none but I others I do, MGS3 is the worst offender for it & it still happens when playing it on N3DS which convinces me the game is just poorly optimised for 3d.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 0:33

I'm glad no one has complained about the game card placement. I remember seeing some people on the internet complain about it. I actually find the new placement to be a pro -- before, gripping your DS/3DS would mean your hands go over the game card slot. In the case of my DSi XL, the smallest movement of the card would power off my system when it was on sleep mode. It was infuriating -- I remember it happening a lot when I was playing through Radiant Historia and using sleep mode in between saves, I'd keep losing progress.

@oldschool wrote:
@Stu_the_great wrote:

You must be a rarity for that Stu.  You are the only one I have ever heard say that.  I could never get rid of the ghost no matter what and I just assumed I can't do 3D, but the new system showed me I was wrong on that.

Me three! I've never had trouble with the 3D since launch, but the effect is noticeably improved on the New 3DS/XL. It actually works in direct sunlight this time, and ghosting is less of an issue on games with dark backgrounds. I think Super Stable 3D's also made me hold the thing more casually now.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 0:38

@fronkhead wrote:
I'm glad no one has complained about the game card placement. I remember seeing some people on the internet complain about it. I actually find the new placement to be a pro -- before, gripping your DS/3DS would mean your hands go over the game card slot. In the case of my DSi XL, the smallest movement of the card would power off my system when it was on sleep mode. It was infuriating -- I remember it happening a lot when I was playing through Radiant Historia and using sleep mode in between saves, I'd keep losing progress.

I forgot about that. I don't have a single issue with the new placement, but you reminded of the times I accidentally ejected the card mid game on the older systems; now that was infuriating. It didn't happen a lot, but even once, at a crucial moment, is too much.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 4:07

fronk wrote:
I actually find the new placement to be a pro -- before, gripping your DS/3DS would mean your hands go over the game card slot.

How it that even possible without holding it in a abnormal way, do you have long finger syndrome or something? Razz

picture of fronk inside Wink:

Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 5:49

[quote="The_Jaster"]
fronk wrote:
I actually find the new placement to be a pro -- before, gripping your DS/3DS would mean your hands go over the game card slot.

It doesn't happen playing the game at the time for me, it was when I closed it for a moment essentially putting it in sleep mid game), say to move to another spot. You pick up the 3DS in your hand, which goes over the card and if you grabbed it too hard, you popped out the game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 18:37

Ahh that makes a bit more sense, but still I don't think I've ever picked up my 3ds that way either.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 19:45

I've popped the cart out of the console picking it up before now, but thankfully not at an inconvenient time! Not an issue during gameplay for me, at least.

That feckin' volume slider on the original XL, though. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 0:33

That's another change I like about new 3ds the volume slider is up on the top screen on the opposite side of the 3d slider.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Steel Samurai
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 22:32

I'm expecting the Monster Hunter IV edition from Amazon France at the end of the week/next week. £175 seemed like the best value I could have got, plus the Monster Hunter-themed unit itself is a bit of a looker.

Quick question for New 3DS owners: is there a way to transfer your eShop downloads without losing all of your saves? That happened to me the last time I did a transfer in summer 2013. Quite bad then, but I've got lots more to lose now.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 0:34

@The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'm expecting the Monster Hunter IV edition from Amazon France at the end of the week/next week. £175 seemed like the best value I could have got, plus the Monster Hunter-themed unit itself is a bit of a looker.

Quick question for New 3DS owners: is there a way to transfer your eShop downloads without losing all of your saves? That happened to me the last time I did a transfer in summer 2013. Quite bad then, but I've got lots more to lose now.

I wasn't sure, as I haven't played an eShop game since I did the transfer. So I looked at a game I have played a bit of, Attack of the Friday Night Monsters, and the save file was still intact. Is that what you were asking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New 3DS and 3DSXL   The New 3DS and 3DSXL - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New 3DS and 3DSXL
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: