We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps

Go down 
+12
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Jimbob
fronkhead
MatthewNG
The_Jaster
Zaphod_B
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 17:15

My favourite moments are always 100% true facts and/or Matthew taking the platform and the space ark too seriously.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 11:40

So, they recorded it last night, are you annoyed that it's not up yet mas? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 0:54

I am, my iPod is acting up and I want to replace it with a constant audio feed from their lives, then I can hear EVERYTHING!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 7:15

I'm checking the site once a day now. Bitten by the Space Ark bug!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 9:18

HAVING TO WAIT FOR ROTATING PLATFORM!?

I jest, really enjoying the podcast now they've got into the swing of it. Perfect for a Saturday lounging or a car journey. I miss ONM podcast (the last one was really interesting), but this feels more...ngamer-y, despite the grab-bag of games rather than a Nintendo focus. (Which doesn't bother me I must point out, even if I don't ever intend on getting a New-Gen Obelisk of Power, I like hearing out the games on 'em in moderation!)

Last edited by Zaphod_B on Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 10:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 9:23

It bothers me, though. Sulk
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 10:42

Zaphod_B wrote:
HAVING TO WAIT FOR ROTATING PLATFORM!?

I jest, really enjoying the podcast now they've got into the swing of it. Perfect for a Saturday lounging or a car journey. I miss ONM podcast (the last one was really interesting), but this feels more...ngamer-y, despite the grab-bag of games rather than a Nintendo focus. (Which doesn't bother me I must point out, even if I don't ever intend on getting a New-Gen Obelisk of Power, I like hearing out the games on 'em in moderation!)

So, like a podcast version of Other Formats then?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 13:58

Fastpie wrote:

So, like a podcast version of Other Formats then?

Sort of I suppose, but I never really like those 2 pages all that much myself, quite compressed and bland compared to the writing around it. I think it's the (for want of a much better word I can't muster right now!) "banter"; the jovial and light-hearted take on game-y things and hilarious featur...er..."platforms". (100% True Facts for example)
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 23:57

Rejoice, ep. 9 one is up! http://therotatingplatform.com/2014/12/02/episode-9-bigger-than-a-baby-smaller-than-a-man/#more-185
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 7:37

Duly rejoicing! Dance I know what I'll be listening to on my way into work!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 17:47

Just listened to it shame that my choice of survival horror genre (and a proper game in that genre) went into the lava because of last week in Resident Evil 2. Nice to know that out of the last 3 weeks we've been able to send our choices in 2 out 3 of mine, respected game journalists & myself have gone for the same game.

I do want to know who picked RE2 like me though, as be funny if it's Matthew again.

On the actual one game to go in Thumbs Down... from me.

Next week is a hard choice as only SHMUP that came to mind was R-Type.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 11:25

My favourite part of this podcast was Mark giggling like a lunatic about his not-terribly-funny ghosts fact in the second section. It's all so happy!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 11:45

I found the ghost fact really funny so I was fully on board.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 23:56

I listened to eps 8 & 9 back to back the other and I was in tears laughter at the botched drum solo by Greener especially when Matthew said "Yeah play it greener" (or words to that effect) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 13:12

The_Jaster wrote:
I listened to eps 8 & 9 back to back the other and I was in tears laughter at the botched drum solo by Greener especially when Matthew said "Yeah play it greener" (or words to that effect) Laughing
I made the mistake of listening to that on my iPod in the office while everyone else was quiet (embarrassing sniggers)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptySat 13 Dec 2014 - 8:17

Caught up with 8 (the "Violence Baguettes Violence" joke is now my favourite thing from all the episodes I've listened to so far); 9 tonight.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptySat 13 Dec 2014 - 15:11

ZeroJones wrote:
Caught up with 8 (the "Violence Baguettes Violence" joke is now my favourite thing from all the episodes I've listened to so far); 9 tonight.

Even better that Matthew didn't realise the pun until the other two pointed it out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 21:48

EP10 is a go
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 23:05

Another great ep, really enjoyed the telltale discussion. Glad to hear my suggestion got on the Ark again, I wasn't even sure if it counted so I didn't even submit an argument for it Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 23:14

I didn't even think of resogun as didn't think it counted as it's not a normal SHUMP but can't think what else it fits into and now I'm thinking geometry wars or super stardust could of gone in, Instead of my brilliant choice which didn't go in.

Could you try getting singstar in again Andy next Episode as it kinda fit's that genre.

Also what's with the serious choices now.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 6:48

The tenth one has just finished downloading and I will be experiencing its pleasures tomorrow. The ninth one passed me by without leaving much of an impression, sadly: survival horror doesn't excite me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 8:19

Good stuff so far, although I'm missing the a capella tunes and hoping to hear Drunka's soon. (Drunka, did you ever get a reply back from when you sent them?)

Looking forward to more impressions to introduce the segments, too!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 6:09

TRP10 is the funniest one yet. I heartily endorse this event or product. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 9:35

I didn't find it as amusing as some, with no 100% True Facts, and a slightly more serious attitude to the Space Ark (three-headed donkey moment aside - that was great). Nor did I find the genre a terribly interesting one. Still great stuff, though.

Although the joke's on you, TRP staff - you can't ruin SMK for me when it wasn't that good anyway!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 9:40

I think the attitude and the genre went hand in hand. It's not a big (or interesting) genre. You can really only pick bigger and more well known titles. Sounds like they play Jam when they're in the room together and acapella when apart so it does sound like we'll get that soon (though I prefer Jam, natch).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps   The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rotating Platform and Other Podcasts from the NGamer Chaps
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next