We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 20:23

Off-topic, yet relevant.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:34

Hope you've all got your gamecube adapters ordered as there going for silly prices in the states already like over $65 or $150+ with the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:40

Laughing My game and adapter cost £50!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:45

Mine was £45 ish but shows people do want Nintendo stuff from these eBay prices of things like this and First Print Bayo 2 but would be nice if people bought this stuff new right away and the Big N made more of the adapters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 16:30

I was watching a stream of this the other day & it looks like the Gaur plains stage has a few more platforms as well as these spring pads that boost you to the top platforms.

Looks much better to fight on than the 3ds version.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 17:34

I hope that's enough to fix it, I was really hoping that would be one of my favourite stages.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 18:09

My biggest issue with it was the giant gap in the middle the extra platforms look like they make this gap smaller & easier to jump.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 7:31

Agreed - it was almost like you were fighting on two totally separate screens.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 9:11

I never had any problems bridging the gap. Handy tip: use the jump and dodge buttons. Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 14:05

Guess what I just picked up in the shop Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 14:07

A sack of potatoes to hit and hope it goes really far.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 18:17

Balladeer wrote:
I never had any problems bridging the gap.  Handy tip: use the jump and dodge buttons. Razz

I do but the problem is you have to think about the jump before actually doing it & that for me is a problem for a stage in smash bros where with others it's just instinct.

Zero wrote:
Agreed - it was almost like you were fighting on two totally separate screens.

Yup, fights would also tend to stick to one side of the stage because of this & that's a bit of a waste in my book.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 2:55

nothing major but I've been playing a copy all day:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 8:59

Amazon wrote:
We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

"Super Smash Bros Plus GameCube Controller Adapter (Nintendo Wii U)"
  Estimated arrival date: December 19 2014

FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Hissy fit Any ideas for alternative shopping sites?

Anyway, this is presumably the last Miiverse week.  If there are any others, I'll probably omit them - we'll have the game by then.  Well, apart from me apparently. Hissy fit  Hissy fit  Hissy fit

Monday (My Music):

Tuesday (Stage Details):

Wednesday (Stage Details):

Thursday (Smash Tour):

Friday (New Stage):
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 11:57

Drunkalilly wrote:
nothing major but I've been playing a copy all day:

Bridgwater Insane are having a Nintendo Day on Sunday in the Arcade which entry will be free. There's streetpassing, pokemon battling/trading, SMASH Wii U tournament I don't the rules of it though and other things like Mario Kart 8 to be played ohh & of course the arcade it self.

So I'm hoping 8 player can be a go there at least.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 22:58

balla wrote:
FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Hissy fit Any ideas for alternative shopping sites?

I'll always recommend shopto as you often get games early, smash bros was the first game to break that trend though.

---

That gamer stage is pretty interesting though I can see it being annoying in certain fights with you taking damage if that scary face sees you in the light.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 7:24

That's just what I've done, but CVG reported that numerous suppliers were suffering from shortages, so I'm worried now. Pale Also Jas, it looks a bit weird when you just highlight-and-copy an emoticon. Razz

Check out the Pyoro cameo in the Gamer stage, too.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 10:33

Dipped my toe last night and had fun. It looks fantastic and plays brilliantly. The thing I'm most curious about is linking with the 3DS version, but my 3DS is filled with a different game. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 10:35

Played for a good few hours yesterday, really good.

I did play some online game with Jas which I kinda sucked but we did get some lag when I added 2 bot's to make to 4 people.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 17:34

balla wrote:
Also Jas, it looks a bit weird when you just highlight-and-copy an emoticon. Razz

I'm so used to shift copying people's posts but I usually fix them but now I'm not sure I want to now you've mentioned it. smile

ZeroJones wrote:
Dipped my toe last night and had fun. It looks fantastic and plays brilliantly. The thing I'm most curious about is linking with the 3DS version, but my 3DS is filled with a different game. Grin

I messed about with it a little as I wanted to copy over the mii fighters I made on 3ds, the big draw back is if you do then you can no longer edit their move set etc on the wii U version.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 17:41

So SMASH with the adapter is now starting to go for £80+ on eBay UK, with the adapter going for about £50+ on it's own. So if you can't wait Balla then get ready to splash at, if you haven't got one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 18:33

According to the stats screen, I've had this powered on for 18 hours, 11 of which were in Smash. I've got all the characters, I've played the multiplayer to death and, long story short, it is quality. 

Oddly, despite not liking Marth much on Brawl I've been maining Lucina pretty hard. She's just behind Peach now as my most played character.
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 22:54

I can't seem to beat my Lv50 Billage Amiibo. The student has become the master. Also, I'm loving the Paint feature in Album, it my main drive to get more trophies.
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 0:02

Remember, if you own both copies of Smash, get them registered on your Club Nintendo Account. I just have and have received an email saying I'll get a double cd of the Wii U version's sound track in early 2015.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 18:00

I've spent most of my time in event mode which I've found a good place to learn how to fight as characters I don't normally go, I was also surprised at how good peach is when I used her in classic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next