We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 22:29

Yeah it's more of a reboot or a remake, I've said it before and I'll say it is a little confusing with companies using different things to describe games like Crash being a AAA remaster.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 21:18

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (VITA)

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 Header

Wow. I had heard good things about Hitman Go but I didn't realise it was as addictive as this. Love the idea, love the execution and the bitesize levels are perfect for handheld gaming. At £1.99 in the Easter sale, it's an ESSENTIAL purchase.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:06

With apologies to GJones:

JayMoyles wrote:
I don't remember the first game in the series particularly well... who's the worst offenders? And wait... haven't you seen Danganronpa 3?

The anime or the game? I've watched the anime... most of it. Pale And... Sakura. She's horrible in English. No
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 21:45

I'm probably going to pick up both Hitman Go and the Tomb Raider Go game as well, Andy was raving about the latter the other day. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 21:48

Lara Croft Go is really good, well worth a download.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 0:33

Hitman Go is a cracker & it's one of the ten games that I've got the plat trophy for.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyFri 20 Apr 2018 - 9:30

Started God of War (2018) yesterday and Balla is going to love my session which based on trophies I've unlocked was about 8hrs minus having dinner, and other things like that, meaning more like 7hrs of actual gameplay.

My biggest worries was GoW might be too long and of course it might be but a game like this would becoming to a end in 5hrs time, yet the 7hrs I've played has felt well paced and that the game will have plenty to offer in terms of story.

I don't know how much I'll get in between now and my next day off on Tuesday (expect Andy to have beaten it by Saturday night) but it's maybe the first game since I sat down and played Horizon Zero Dawn or Super Mario Odyssey, I just want to play it and do nothing else.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 23:41

I've started FF2 on PSP - so far, so much better than FF1 from a story perspective. Although, I think I walked into the wrong area and the game decided to do that annoying old JRPG thing of spawning enemies that are far tougher than anything else you've dealt with so far because it's pulling in enemies from an area just across from wherever you're traversing. Stupid one hit kill werewolves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 10:53

I downloaded A Hat in Time! It's a collect-a-thon 3D platformer that the developer describes as "a GameCube loveletter", and while I'm only 10% through it, I can see the inspiration from Super Mario Sunshine everywhere. So far, so good - it's got a lot of promise, and I look forward to playing more of it!

I'm also playing Burnout Paradise Remastered, which was one of my favourite games of the 2000s. It's still a superb game and one of the absolute best in the arcade racing genre, but it feels a little bit stuck in 2008, and I can't tell if there's been much of a upgrade with the graphics. I also wonder if they remastered the wrong Burnout - is Paradise really the one that everybody loves?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 11:01

Can't wait to read more of your thoughts on A Hat in Time, as I was looking at it myself in the sale.

Yeah I think Paradise was the one that was huge and I remember playing for hours on the 360 with a bunch of yanks all the time for months.
I think it's one of those games that's what you think it looked like back in the day as you can see the difference here, sure this the 360 game running on a One X and the remaster on the One X but it's the best way to play the original release on a console now alongside a remaster
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 12:52

I've been dipping in and out of Paradise on PC and while it's not my favourite Burnout, I can see why they opted for it. Given most games are open-world now, it was an easier sell for current gamers than sifting through menus. I hope they do a Burnout 2 and 3 HD at some point though. Revenge is my favourite but I don't think that's popular opinion.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 13:19

Burnout 3: Takedown was my personal favorite. It had a great sense of speed, a fun Crash mode, and you'd see a bunch of glorious in-race crashes because hitting oncoming traffic was a serious no-no. I only ever played Revenge on other people's consoles so I don't remember it particularly well. If memory serves it introduced some sort of weight system whereby you would punt oncoming traffic out of the way if your car was chunky enough? Wasn't such a fan of that at the time but might actually prefer that today.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyThu 26 Apr 2018 - 21:22

I think Paradise being open world worked well for the stunt runs in which you could carve out your own course to rack up points and for the ever-fantastic demolition derby mode where you cruised around the city smashing other cars and causing havoc. I don't think it was as strong for the races as the courses felt a bit limited as you were driving down the same streets and roads to the same destinations with the only key difference being that the route you travelled might be a bit different on one race compared to another. It's still a great game though. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 21:00

I'm still playing through A Hat In Time, and I'm massively enjoying it. It's a very sweet homage to the likes of Super Mario Sunshine, Banjo-Kazooie and Rocket: Robot on Wheels, but it's definitely got it's own sense of imagination. It's getting better and better as I get further into it as well. Absolutely recommended!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyWed 16 May 2018 - 23:08

I tried out Fortnite: Battle Royal the other day. I'm probably doing it all wrong by virtue of playing it solo, but I really don't get the fuss. I do think there is something exciting about the last-man-standing concept, but after playing several rounds all I really had to show for it was:

- A handful of games that ended super-fast because someone got the jump on me.
- One boring game where I didn't fight anyone for ages and then someone got the jump on me.
- A handful of games where I've got the jump on some people before someone else eventually gets the jump on me.

I'm sure it'd be much more fun in a group. Even then though, I'm not really sure it's that good.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyWed 16 May 2018 - 23:53

BR games seem like they need a big time investment (more than most pvp online focused games) from the player where you need to get somewhat decent before you can really start enjoying it. The random weapon drop system has always put me off too as it just doesn't sound fun to either kill someone because they didn't have a weapon to defend themselves or be the one that's on the receiving end of that scenario.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyThu 17 May 2018 - 9:31

I've not played Fortnite but have played PUBG which a few of us from work played for about a week and was fun, but then we stopped. From what I've seen Fortnite seems the more complete game.

I think like the music games a few years ago the bubble will burst when every game has a mode with it in or only one is the one played such as Minecraft in the create things genre.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyThu 17 May 2018 - 14:33

mas wrote:
or only one is the one played such as Minecraft in the create things genre.

Fortnite seems to be the one headed that way considering how well it does views wise on youtube, and you can almost guarantee it'll be brought up or asked about in most Twitch streams if said streamer isn't playing it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 15:52

The big boys are having a go now with Black Ops IIII but I do think Fortnite will be the Minecraft of the genre.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 16:54

People will probably stick with Fortnite. It seems like that game keeps getting updates and what not which will probably keep its fans happy. Unless some of the versions the big publishers come out with add some unique twists I'm not sure how much reason anyone would have to make the switch.

I think Jas is probably right about the time investment required for BR games to become enjoyable though. It seems to be that tension from getting close to the end-game that sets it apart from typical games - there must be a sense of achievement for having made it to the end, which will only increase if you manage to become the last person standing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 19:41

Been playing a lot of VITA/PSTV the last few days and got to say Killzone on VITA played via PSTV is wicked. It looks great like a later PS2 / early PS3 game plays really well with a Dual Shock 4 and loads still seem to be playing it.

I also started Freedom Wars which is sort like Monster Hunter, as in you have missions at a certain rank, fight monsters, do it with 4 people etc but has this weird sci-fi story. If FW wasn't a late VITA game or was on something else it would have been big.

The last one is Touch My Katamari, which is the first Katamari game I've played and it works well on a handheld but not sure I'd want it on console.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 21:38

I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment. I maintain that - explanation of title throughout the game aside - it's a really stupid title that doesn't mean anything. However, the game itself is aces.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 12:57

Jimbob wrote:
I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment. I maintain that - explanation of title throughout the game aside - it's a really stupid title that doesn't mean anything. However, the game itself is aces.

Tempted to pick this up as it's on sale on PSN. However, I've just started Breath of the Wild - is it a big ol' time investment? I'm aware I'm living videogames 18 months behind everybody else....
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 17:27

Good 20hrs+ also I guess the verison with the big story expansion DLC which is about 15hrs as well, is the verison on sale.

Also that's core story, not sidequests etc but it is a fantastic game. I think I gave it number 2 game of 2017 on the lost podcast.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 23:46

gjones wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Tempted to pick this up as it's on sale on PSN. However, I've just started Breath of the Wild - is it a big ol' time investment? I'm aware I'm living videogames 18 months behind everybody else....

I purposefully held back on it to play BotW - Horizon is a pretty hefty journey, so I'd wait if I were you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 14 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next