RIP Enrico Morricone - I Hope He Makes Lotsa Spaghetti Western Soundtracks in Heaven

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Muss
Disciple of Scullion
Muss

What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style  - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2020, 13:11

It's a pretty damn hard game that's for sure.

@The_Jaster wrote:
I've only played the alpha's & beta demos too, I like what I played and will get around to playing it properly one day but a thing that always bugged me was the game wants the combat to focus on the ki/stamina system yet I found it hard to keep an eye on that HUD element plus what your enemy is doing at times.

I agree quite a lot with this take. There's a huge emphasis on managing your stamina, and I don't think the game does a great job of explaining it, but that's really compounded by the minuscule HUD.

There are a bunch of different weapons and fighting styles, which is cool, some of which focus on draining an opponent's stamina, but I'm not sure how much I'm figuring out on my own. It's definitely one of those git gud sort of games, but I don't think it's quite up to the standards of something like Bloodborne.

For some reason I felt much more in control of my dodges in Bloodborne than I do in Nioh, and I'm not sure the enemies in Nioh are quite as good at teaching the player lessons as those in the Souls series.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2020, 19:11

Yeah the enemies are definitely more ruthless in Nioh than in From soft games.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Disciple of Scullion
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style  - Page 19 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2020, 13:37

I managed to beat the second boss, who was a pretty generic take on the vampyric woman. Tough as nails at first, but once I'd learnt her patterns she wasn't particularly difficult.

I think part of the problem with Nioh's high opening difficulty is that the UI is a bit complicated and has more layers than a souls game. There's an upgrade tree for each weapon, and you'll want to make sure you get the upgrade which refunds you stamina after you dodge whilst said weapon is in hand. The other thing is that it is not uncommon for tough enemies to one-shot you, even if you have the heaviest armour set you can find equipped.

I'm not quite getting the hand-crafted sense you get from the soulsborne environments either, which is a shame. There are some nice little touches though, like returning lost spirits to the shrine and a few hidden areas. For the most part it's all pretty on-rails so far though.

I'm not sure I'll ever finish it because I can see myself lapsing from it before the end. I don't think it's bad, it's alright, but it requires a lot of concentration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style  - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19