We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2020 - 13:11

It's a pretty damn hard game that's for sure.

The_Jaster wrote:
I've only played the alpha's & beta demos too, I like what I played and will get around to playing it properly one day but a thing that always bugged me was the game wants the combat to focus on the ki/stamina system yet I found it hard to keep an eye on that HUD element plus what your enemy is doing at times.

I agree quite a lot with this take. There's a huge emphasis on managing your stamina, and I don't think the game does a great job of explaining it, but that's really compounded by the minuscule HUD.

There are a bunch of different weapons and fighting styles, which is cool, some of which focus on draining an opponent's stamina, but I'm not sure how much I'm figuring out on my own. It's definitely one of those git gud sort of games, but I don't think it's quite up to the standards of something like Bloodborne.

For some reason I felt much more in control of my dodges in Bloodborne than I do in Nioh, and I'm not sure the enemies in Nioh are quite as good at teaching the player lessons as those in the Souls series.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 9 Jun 2020 - 19:11

Yeah the enemies are definitely more ruthless in Nioh than in From soft games.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2020 - 13:37

I managed to beat the second boss, who was a pretty generic take on the vampyric woman. Tough as nails at first, but once I'd learnt her patterns she wasn't particularly difficult.

I think part of the problem with Nioh's high opening difficulty is that the UI is a bit complicated and has more layers than a souls game. There's an upgrade tree for each weapon, and you'll want to make sure you get the upgrade which refunds you stamina after you dodge whilst said weapon is in hand. The other thing is that it is not uncommon for tough enemies to one-shot you, even if you have the heaviest armour set you can find equipped.

I'm not quite getting the hand-crafted sense you get from the soulsborne environments either, which is a shame. There are some nice little touches though, like returning lost spirits to the shrine and a few hidden areas. For the most part it's all pretty on-rails so far though.

I'm not sure I'll ever finish it because I can see myself lapsing from it before the end. I don't think it's bad, it's alright, but it requires a lot of concentration.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 23:51

Started Ghost of Tsushima yesterday and played bit today, where I've reached chapter 2.

The cinematography is outstanding and the world is gorgeous to be that I've done a few side quests & thing's (why I'm not further in the story). Also, big fan of the soundtrack & sound design as a whole with the VO being fine whilst playing in English.

Even though the world looks great, it does lack some polish compared to let's say The Last of Us Part 2 in things such as details of the smaller things, NPC's and I've had times when talking to someone where I'm behind them instead of in front.

Nothing game breaking or anything like that, just not all the areas of the game are of the same quality of polish.

The combat is sort of Soulslike, now I may have dabbled in all the Souls games along with other Soulslikes but that's it just dabbled, so I might be wrong. Just it feels like a more forgiving version of it as you still need to dodge, block, parry, wait & learn what enemies will do which take a few hits to take down and vice versa that you just can't run and hack everyone or you will die.

Overall I'm enjoying it, just the story so far has been a little slow to getting going and might end up being too drawn out over the 20+ hours it looks like it will take.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 23:13

I'm way behind as usual, I'm about half way through The Last of Us Part II and oh my its good. I find it hard to believe I was so unsure of this before release, feel like I would have regretted missing it now. I noticed the last few times I've played that I've had to stop and say "this is pretty great", something I last remember doing with Breath of the Wild.

Until now I'd have said FFVII Remake was my game of the year but if this keeps bringing so many great set pieces and clever moments then it'll be this instead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 18:56

It's good that you've picked up and the leaks / negative stuff around the game hasn't put you off
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 23:16

The thing that leaked for me still turned out to be surprising in the way that it was done, great storytelling made the difference in the end, the journey is more important than the destination, etc. The "negative stuff" is just gamergaters being the usual cretins they are.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 21:58

I finally got round to playing Fall Guys last night. I got to the last 7, and got all excited... and also got disconnected Sad
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 22:46

Ooft, I reckon you would have won that too. I did feel like they'd sorted the initial server issues as well but I guess they're still present, comes with the territory of being hugely popular so I hope it doesn't get remembered for that.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 16:50

Hopefully I can pick up Fall Guys around the time you lot are next on. Looks like a great little game and definitely something I could get some local play out of too by the looks of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 17:56

It really is good fun but I've dropped off from playing it a little as it'll only hold my attention for about an hour if I'm playing solo.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 1:05

A thumb injury at the weekend has kept me away from it but before then I was playing at least every other night, it already feels like a great choice for something I can just play whenever I feel like something fun and not too serious, the potential for season 2 is looking good as well.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyMon 31 Aug 2020 - 18:47

Finally got this downloaded yesterday. Great fun.

I made a few finals yesterday and managed to grab my first win this morning.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyMon 31 Aug 2020 - 20:24

Noice! Had a good wee session of this with Andy, Jay & Dusty on Saturday & it'd be cool to get you in on the next one. Also remember staying on the far right for fall mountain is the play. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 1 Sep 2020 - 22:34

I'll hopefully be getting some time off work soon, so I'll be around for some shenanigans.

I'll have to try that tip out. Haven't won any races yet, and I'm god awful at that hoops game haha
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 1:15

The_Jaster wrote:
 Also remember staying on the far right for fall mountain is the play. Winky Face

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 Giphy-downsized-large
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 14:55

Haha. I got my first race rip this afternoon.

I also downloaded Slime Rancher since it's about £6 on the store right now. Thought it would be the sort of game my partner would really enjoy playing. So far so good!

She's generally really bad at camera management when playing any game, so in addition to this being a genre I think she'd like I was hoping it'd be easy enough to where she could gradually learn first-person aiming without it ever being hard.

Moving the camera around is one of those things I take for granted when I play, it's odd seeing someone else struggle with it. One of those things where you can't really give much advice other than look where you are going!

Wish it was on the Switch though, although you could say that about most things...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 22:39

Just got done playing THPS 1+2 for a good couple of hours & it's great stuff! I can totally see me getting consumed by all the challenges it has and I'll likely go for the plat trophy as well.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 19:33

I played Slime Rancher for a good few hours and liked what I played but as you mention with wanting it on Switch, I'm the same in that I fell off from it and haven't returned in the same way I would have if it were on Switch. Good game though if you're in to your resource gatherer types.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 19:42

I started Tony Hawk on Xbox (thought why we had multiformat thread), it's pretty good but I now suck at it though but will go for most of the achievements but doubt I'll 1000g it
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 19:42

Sadly I don't think Slime Rancher is ever going to come to Switch. It seems to chug quite badly when there are more than a few slimes about. I can deal with the frame drops but it's the stuttery audio that puts me off. Still, my girlfriend really likes it and as you say it's a good resource gathering game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 13:01

It took my an embarassingly long time to realise I could feed the slimes to the big slimes and I felt I'd lost so much potential that I figured I'd have been better restarting so I quit and never went back...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 20:30

Mas requested that I bring this thread's title up to date - with Shanks not being around so much, I was happy to do so. Carry on!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 12:24

Thought it was strange seeing you pop up around these parts Balla.

I've picked up Shadow of War, which I've wanted to play for a very long time.

Death Standing is also in my possession now. I doubt it's for me but we shall see.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 15:54

Death Stranding is a masterpiece and will be strange playing in 2020 with its premise but like most pieces of art not always appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 19 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next