We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptySat 31 Oct 2020 - 16:36

Have been playing Yakuza 0 which is probably the most gjones game ever! I love it, and can't wait to actually see more of the story. I'm currently distracted by the endless, odd side stories. Also have been dipping in and out of Gravity Rush Remastered which is a beautiful, if slightly clunky action game. But PES 2021 (which I've applied an Option File to) is currently taking up much of my free PS4 time - it's fricking brilliant. I've started a Master League in Brazil and currently trying to return Cruzeiro to greatness. They have fixed the keepers and referees this year - there are actually fouls in matches! The menus are still complete arse though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 20:58

gjones wrote:
Have been playing Yakuza 0 which is probably the most gjones game ever! I love it, and can't wait to actually see more of the story. I'm currently distracted by the endless, odd side stories.

The substories are genuinely the main appeal to me in the Yakuza games. Wandering the streets and stumbling into a zany adventure is brilliant stuff. Although, I doubt they'd work as well if they weren't juxtaposed with the serious vibes of the main plot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:38

Outriders demo -

I've been pleasantly surprised by this, while the story set up really is nothing new it's enough to give you a reason to go shoot things. They've basically merged the combat of Gears of War with a Destiny/Diablo style class system & it works really well, the moment where it clicked for me was doing this:

https://twitter.com/Shaolin_Jaster/status/1365944627589709824

I can see myself happily switching off my brain to blitz through this solo when it's out but I do think it will be at it's best when played in 3 player co-op.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 13:56

I also played that yesterday on XSX (load times aren't great) and it's fine, like if both Craig and EofGiz go hey we're getting it then I might for the 3P CO-OP but for single player it's one for a sale.

And it's only a few days after MonHan Rise which I hope to be playing, there is however almost a month gap though between MonHan Rise and Judgement (XSX) though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 21:18

Aye, it probably won't get much of a look in with MH Rise being out about the week before (though not much will for me Laughing ) but it has good potential & it's refreshing that it isn't a *spits* live service game which Square enix could have easily pushed it to be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 21:51

Hmm see it screams live service Destiny-like to me
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 22:58

Well, I'm only going on what the devs themselves say it is & the structure of the demo which felt more like your normal dungeon crawler.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptySun 28 Feb 2021 - 23:49

We will see, it's just what vibe I got from the demo that's why not bothered about it at launch as I see what's happened to Destiny over the years and even talking about it on the Podcast we recorded tonight both Craig and EofGiz went to Destiny and Division as a comparison from what they've seen of the game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyMon 1 Mar 2021 - 5:59

Oh don't get me wrong it definitely has some of the hallmarks that live service games use & because of that some comparisons to those games are completely fair BUT most importantly it doesn't have any of the big staples such as: MTX, Seasons, limited timed events, PvP or battle passes.

Also when they say things like this:

Quote :
People Can Fly affirmed that Outriders is not a live service title and that it was a game that players can "start and finish".

Then surely you have to take them at their word?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyMon 1 Mar 2021 - 10:12

I guess so and oddly that actually makes me less interested. As the demo was fine and something I might play but when cheaper and more content ala Destiny.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2021 - 15:55

Outriders been announced for Game Pass, so I may as well give it a go now anyway instead of waiting till it's £10 or less.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 8:54

Free PS4/PS5 games!

Some bangers in here - clearly a counterpunch to Microsoft's big Bethesda addition to Gamepass.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 9:24

It's a great bunch of games but don't think you can really compare those to about 30 games will be added just this month to Game Pass which going to include stuff like Octopath Traveller of all games.

Guess you could call it a counterpunch as well is the new studio head up by Jade Raymond, Haven which is working on a brand new PlayStation IP then yesterday a interesting indie sizzle reel had few timed exclusives in it.

Really as someone that has/will have all three competition is good though as I don't want to see early PS3 Sony or late 360/early One Microsoft again.

And now in the month March got 50 different games I could play.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 9:46

Unfortunately for me I own 8 and have played the other 2 through gamepass/PSNow. Nice collection for those who don't though.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 10:44

masofdas wrote:
It's a great bunch of games but don't think you can really compare those to about 30 games will be added just this month to Game Pass which going to include stuff like Octopath Traveller of all games.

True. These are free games, Gamepass is a paid subscription service so this is a lot better. Also Ratchet & Clank is still free to own until March 31st. I imagine part of this is to keep those early PS5 adopters entertained too, while giving PS4 owners reason to remain in the PlayStation ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 11:08

I can't really figure out who this is aimed at to be honest. Considering half the games are VR there's a huge barrier to entry for those (especially considering it's only compatible with PS5 through an adapter). Then there's the fact that a bunch of the games have been given away through PS+ meaning the people who benefit the most are non PS+ subscribing VR users, niche.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 11:19

Sure Game Pass/Ultimate is a paid sub (which first month for new members can be as low as £1) and these games on PS4 are totally free which is better but as Andy says kinda niche lot, as how many people haven't got/had Plus and VR.

Can only think here's Ratchet before Ratchet PS5, here's Astro hey there's a new one on PS5, ahh didn't play Horizon and you're excited for Forbidden West here ya go.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 18 Mar 2021 - 15:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyThu 18 Mar 2021 - 13:14

Niche? This giveaway will be of interest to the majority. Of the 114 million active PlayStation users, only 41 million have PS+. It's aimed at mugs like me who probably aren't chasing a PS5 at the moment, but remain undecided on where to go next-gen. Sony just keeping us happy, with more digital games that we'll end up moving onto PS5 to play.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyWed 7 Apr 2021 - 21:06

I've started playing the Spyro trilogy. I've done the first "world" in the first game - and I've also gone back and read all your comments in the "last game you finished" thread from a couple of months ago, and then cross-referenced with my brother-in-law who said "just move on to the second one, the whole first game's like that". I am free from Nintendo fanboy bias - although I'd still argue Mario and Banjo do it best, I really did enjoy Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank... but this first game seems like someone's first 3D Unity project. It's really basic. Am I being harsh?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 12:40

I don't think so. The first world is pretty decent and there are a couple of high points in later worlds (the magic themed ones). But if you're not enjoying it now then there isn't much reason to continue.

Later on there are a number of levels that involve momentum, which isn't a good mix with a character that already has a rigid charge attack and dodgy camera. If you think it feels like a first Unity project now, then you'll feel that more strongly later on. Even the worlds that are better feel more like ideas than finished.

It is a much more minimalist game than the other two. Year of the Dragon has a load of minigames - some of which are good, most of which are ok, and the rest are awful. The second game has a lot of metroidvania aspects which are ok. If nothing else, those games actually give you a sense of character which is largely lacking in the first game and places to explore. They might not win you over into thinking it's a classic, they're definitely below the other games you mentioned, but at least 2 & 3 feel like they have their own identities.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 20:14

Oh boy - I might come back to the first one or something! My completionist tendencies are tingling. But a bit worrying are the implications that the sequels get more complicated but not necessarily in a good way...

Also I got motion sickness - that's the cameraman's fault I guess.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 21:45

The best thing I can say about the Spyro Trilogy is they're easy Platinum trophy games, that's not a massive diss persay, they're perfectly fine to play through and try to collect everything but for me the most rewarding part of it was that trophy ping at the end of each one. I would say I personally preferred the 1st one to the 3rd because it was more stripped back, the 3rd game just felt like it had too much going on, the 2nd is definitely the best one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 20:24

Well I moved on to the second one. And this is the best one right? What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 1f62c
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyMon 3 May 2021 - 14:29

Certainly the most refined one. I seem to remember that Spyro handled quite a bit nicer in it compared to the first, albeit still not enough to make him particularly graceful!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 12:22

Started Bloodborne yesterday.

Last day of my vacation and, apart from a trip to KFC and a walk along the riverbank where I ate it, I stayed indoors with the lights off and curtains closed and played a bunch of Blooders.

Killed the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne, then went back and delivered the brooch and told the old lady to come to Oedon.

This is good.

Like, Dark Souls good.

Oooh, I'm into it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next