We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Major Writes Site

Go down 
+16
Fastpie
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Dead Lemon
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Sylveon
Jimbob
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Admin
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 8:40

Thanks again gents! Grin

Honestly the pun never occurred to me, Drunka, innocent Catholic boy that I am. And fair enough, I imagine you're not as fond of turn-based RPGs (outside Pokémon) as some. I will keep trying to convince people to buy it, though: not just because I think they'd enjoy it (Cappa/Jas/Jimbob excepted), but because I think this is a game which, without sales support, might not get a threequel. And after this, I do want a threequel.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 12:43

I can see myself picking it up, really liking it for a few hours then coming to my first dungeon and getting bored... just like the first one! So I'm sure you'll at least get a sale out of me Laughing
That said, this talk of a Psycho Mantis beater intrigues me...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 12:52

It's definitely the sort of game I'll throw on a birthday/christmas list. I don't like buying JRPGs because I don't enjoy them enough or finish them ever...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 15:45

My Senran Kagura review is up for you all to enjoy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 16:04

It sounds like I'd actually really enjoy Senran, which is a little embarassing. Luckily for me it isn't on Xbox...

I wrote a big - ass review of Pokken Tournament. Inspired by Balla, I think we should try to do something like this for all the big Nintendo releases, seeing as there isn't an NGamer or ONM to do it any more. As long as this review was, it might end up being a Splatoon - style review diary, what with the nature of online games and dlc.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 16:10

I doubt there's much of audience for Senran on Xbox especially seeing how other games from Japan do on the platform.

It's a good idea Drunka, not sure about any games coming I would want to do on a Nintendo system maybe Fates but Jay might be better with something like that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 16:53

Top idea, Drunka, and top review! (With apologies to Mas, I'm not reading anything on SK while I'm around my family.) Completely agree with your first paragraph, incidentally - and then completely disagree with the second one. Nah nah!

I do think Pokken would be a bit lacking in Value-For-Money for me. Ignoring Smash and its plethora of characters, the only other fighting game I've owned is Soul Calibur II, and I got the most out of its lengthy campaign mode.

What I'm saying is that you'd probably have to do the Pokken Music Time Interval. And, having listened to snippets of the pieces you linked to, you should definitely do it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 17:16

Oh yeah, I'm definitely already thinking about Pokken Music Time.
The first paragraph made a nice follow up to your Bravely Second piece, I thought.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 20:59

Excellent reviews, gentlemen. I really have to rip open Pokken Tournament soon! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:44

I did a thing about nostalgia in games. Not sure it's that coherent, or fun, but it's there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 21:56

Ah, okay. I was expecting something more on "this author's views on the current trends in nostalgia", whereas it was more of a "this is where we are today" piece. Which I say as if there's something wrong with that - there isn't! Just not what I was expecting. (Truth be told, I was probably looking forward to issuing a rebuttal, which doesn't say good things about me... but I digress.)

Disagree with Shovel Knight being gorgeous, mind. It's clear enough and uses a wide range of colours, but "gorgeous" is a bit much! It's a word I'd save for Wind Waker or MK8. Nothing I saw in SK stunned my cones and rods. (Subjectivity blah blah blah, before I annoy Jay again.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 16:13

I've been looking forward to this for ages Zero, while it's been sat in the corner of the screen as a draft!
#shovelknightISgorgeous
#artissubjective
#hashtags
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 17:03

Great piece Zero and follow up from Drunka #artissubjective as we know from Journey.

Only thing I disagree with is about the ports of TLoU & GTAV as I'm not sure there going for the nostalgia side of things as GTAV with online has become more of service and TLoU port was due to at the time Sony going 50% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3, let's put out the best game from that on the PS4 and it worked.  

Of course some of us double dipped.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 22:43

Yay! Also, bonus yay for including a Jet Set Willy screenshot.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 0:43

@Balla: yeah, it was more a 'State of the Union' piece than a 'This is my opinion' piece (or 'opinion piece', as they are sometimes called Duh! ). I just had that thought about Super Mario Maker and built something around it.

@Drunkalilly: Cheers, and thanks for your support! Shovel Knight looks mighty fine to these eyes.

@masofdas: I can totally see your point but I was trying to subtly suggest that TLOU and GTAV may not have been remastered for the purposes of nudging gamers' nostalgia glands.

@Jimbob: I happily take my bonus points. It was a blasted hard game...

In other news, a Shantae game came out recently... read my not-overly-generous opinion!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 7:36

Yeah, I think I'll give that one a pass. Pirate's Curse didn't exactly set my gaming senses on fire as it was.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2016 - 17:25

Sorry Muss with his review of Day of the Tentacle Remastered as my Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 review has just gone up.

I've gone from Senran to DOAX3 what is next?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2016 - 17:35

Sounds like we didn't miss much then mas!

Muss, have you played Grim Fandango? People rate that crazy high, but I found it suffered from the same old point & click problems and didn't think the story made up for that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 12:34

Know we didn't but I still would like have of seen it in the west for the people that would enjoy it and it is a 18+ as well.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 19:33

masofdas wrote:

I've gone from Senran to DOAX3 what is next?

Looking forward to some hentai reviews in the near future Cheeky
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 20:11

I did put up my Nitroplus review which stars anime girls like Sonico fighting each other but at this rate it might be hentai soon.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 20:14

Shocked

Nice reviews, team! Applause Enjoyed your NitroPlus review, mas, and the Day Of The Tentacle review was class too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 4:48

mas wrote:
it might be hentai soon.

zero wrote:
Day Of The Tentacle

Pure filth! Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 13:10

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Muss, have you played Grim Fandango? People rate that crazy high, but I found it suffered from the same old point & click problems and didn't think the story made up for that.

I've played but not finished it. No idea how close I am to the end, but I got as far as some puzzle involving pipes and the big lad. I liked the wacky setting, but it didn't take me long before I started referring to a walkthrough because I found some of the solutions a bit esoteric. But then again, I don't think I'm any good at point and clickers - Day of the Tentacle was a bit of an exception, managed a lot of that unaided. Grim's alright, I guess, I'm sure I'd have liked it a lot more if I played it at the right time, but I'm not bothered about finishing it.

Zero, you're too kind.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 13:16

May have to check DotT out in that case... Maybe if there's a sale Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Major Writes Site
Page 18 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next