We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 18:13

There was one level - an indoor level with lots of trains kicking about - that required the use of your other guns, and I got so frustrated playing this that I gave up shortly afterwards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 22:39

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 2558759-screen+shot+2014-06-10+at+12.24.50

I finished this a few days ago, but couldn't post about it in till now due to some people.

Anyway after 23hrs and one play through, a second is advised due to slightly different cutscenes and ending (which I have seen due to the power of the internet).

But on the actual game is great, one of the best FF in years with interesting characters. The plot is a bit over the place and so is the camera but part from that can't find much wrong as it looks great for a PSP game you would think it's early 360 standard at least ported over to 8th gen.

Music is fantastic, can't find much wrong with it. A easy 8/10 for this if you've got a PS4 or ONE or a PSP, I would give this a go if you like action Japanese RPGs.

Also Rem is the best character by far
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 4e27c341_Final-Fantasy-Type-0-Rem-3
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 22:52

Kid Icarus: Of Myths And Monsters

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 Kid+Icarus+-+Of+Myths+and+Monsters+(2)

Triumphantly old school, this: a cramped Game Boy sequel to an unashamedly challenging NES original. Some areas are improved, like the availability of health replenishing items; some are not, like the difficulty curve (the second world is almost literally blink-and-you'll-miss-it). Sadly can't be recommended, particularly on a system that can play both its predecessor and its sequel.

11/20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 11:25

You're giving it more than half marks, Zero - surely that's a modest recommendation?

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 Large

I've seen a huge amount of moaning about the price of this game.  Did... did any of you stop to consider that it might actually be worth the asking price?  It ain't all that long, but you'll have a heap of fun doing it.

I'm not going to go on about this game in depth, because Zero's done that better than I could over on Gintendo.  Suffice to say, I really enjoyed it.  There were some irritating bits, and the fanservice was... a bit much (a lot much, actually); but the exploration was good, it was challenging (mostly in a good way), the dialogue's pretty great, the environments and enemies were well designed...  If you're a fan of the Metroidvania genre, it's well worth picking this up.

7/10
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 22:45

'Modest' is the word, if any - the usual 'fans of the genre' recommendation!

And, thanks! Grin Pirate's Curse is a fun game but I'll still argue that £16 is a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:54

Life Is Strange: Episode 2 - Out of Time, PS4

Well this must be a French thing as one of the first things you see in the game is
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 2738015-lis2

Anyway I started EP2 and finished it this afternoon, not much has changed since my review of EP1 on Gintendo but I really enjoyed both Episodes so far.

The soundtrack is still a highlight.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySat 11 Apr 2015 - 10:58

Boxboy!

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 W240_N3DS_BOXBOY_logo.png

The only big complaint I have about BB! is that it took so long for me to get into it: level 8-3 (there are 17 worlds), to be precise. Once it moved beyond being a simplistic puzzle platformer, things clicked into place: the minimalism means there's not an ounce of fat on it (as I said through this very forum's Twitter account) and, though perhaps not beautiful, means everything is clean and unfussy. Sceptics might be surprised at the depth achieved by the simple-sounding power of being able to create a set number of boxes. It's fun, in short!

15/20
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySat 11 Apr 2015 - 11:54

Boxboy sort of spoilers:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySat 11 Apr 2015 - 11:59

andyman949 wrote:
Boxboy sort of spoilers:

Boxboy sort of spoilers, very similar to the above:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySat 11 Apr 2015 - 12:24

Well that's all well and good then Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySat 18 Apr 2015 - 1:47

Affordable space adventures

First and foremost the use of the gamepad is excellent in this & I loved finding new ways to propel my ship forwards to sneak past enemies or get around obstacles, the latter part of the game does have a big difficult spike when playing on technical (normal) which lead to me being totally stumped in how to progress.

I do really like the art style and it would have been nice if it showed it off a bit more than it does (one too many gloomy dark tunnel like areas) but overall I had fun with it.

Thumbs Up! out of Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 2:05

Double

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 Giphy

Titan Souls

A game probably best played in short bursts to stop the frustration turning into hate for the game, it's quite short ( I beat the game in 3 hours 37 minutes) though it seems to be made for speedrunners in mind so if you are that way inclined then you will get more out of it.

I actually wish there was a bit more exploration to this than there is, maybe even having puzzle like dungeons that eventually lead to the bosses which are already very Zelda-esque but anyhow I still had fun with it and may return later for speed run attempts.

Rating: Thumbs Up! with a hint of Hissy fit

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 14:42

Super Mario 64

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 Super-mario-64-n64-title-612

How to deal with a classic that you never really liked? Fortunately, it's grown on me during this replay. The camera is, at best, playful, and Mario feels much looser to control. The levels, though, are mighty fine, and the ambition remain spectacular.

16/20
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 18:36

I've just put my review for Beyond: Two Souls up
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 18:51

Yeah, I watched a playthrough of this on YouTube - Didn't spend a penny, and I felt like I'd had the same experience as the person playing it. Watching other games doesn't make me feel like that - it makes me feel like I'm missing an integral part of the experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 18:57

What about choices what happens with that or can you do like the books as a kid and continue watching from Choice A or B.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 23:18

The weightiest choice in Beyond is if you want to eat Asian Beef or not. Even that isn't really a choice because why wouldn't you want to make ASIAN BEEF.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2015 - 16:21

There's a few more the that to affect the 11 (I think endings).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySun 3 May 2015 - 20:42

The Gunvolts

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 XRfedn0l4Pp4-cqFRNJu59anEX4UI1BZ
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 Rogo

In the ideal world, I'd have the Photoshop skills to change the Simpsons logo into 'The Gunvolts'. Eh.

Azure Striker Gunvolt: a modern-looking run'n'gun laid over a mostly 80's era Mega Man-esque design, its depths are much better hidden. Firstly, Gunvolt's gun doesn't do much damage: it tags enemies, who can then be zapped with his genetic electric powers. Secondly, GV levels up and can synthesise extra equipment from materials that are acquired through beating levels and challenges. The levels themselves don't pose much of a problem but the bosses ramp up the difficulty exceptionally (thankfully). It's more than the sum of its parts, but not much more.

Mighty Gunvolt, on the other hand, is a sweet little bonus. You select a character from the roster of Gunvolt, Mighty No. 9 and Ekoro (from an on-rails shooter called Gal*Gun) and play through a few short levels as a chibi version of said character. It's a bit fun and is made to feel like a 'found' NES game. It felt like a score attack, as it can be finished in about half an hour.

ASG: 15/20
MG: 13/20
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 0:10

Nihilumbra on Wii U. Very nice it was too, meaning I finally got to be nice to one of the lovely devs who sends us codes!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 17:10

Drunkalilly wrote:
Nihilumbra on Wii U. Very nice it was too, meaning I finally got to be nice to one of the lovely devs who sends us codes!

Good review, it's your own fault being open to review anything and myself thinking you'll like Goat Simulator as I do try to give the codes to people I think will like the game.

Any idea on price Drunka though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 May 2015 - 19:19

Listed some games on eBay, one which was Mortal Kombat X

It's a solid fighter but like I said on the Podcast fighters is now a genre that I get borrowed of quickly, having a story mode keeped me playing it but part from that without playing with similar level opponents online gets dull when you keep losing.

It's funny how one of fav genres up to the early 2000's now bores me and one that used to bore me JRPG's I now really like.

Anyway MKX if you own a PS4 or a ONE and want a decent fighter it is your best option. Also learnt not to buy season passes as I'm not going use it now.

I also finished Life is Strange EP3 which had a OMG ending and has gotten really good, I would say if this does come to disc after all EP5. It will be worth picking up.

You even watch me play LISEP3 here
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 9:16

Elliot Quest

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 Large

Most of my ridiculously, pompously, pretentiously in-depth thoughts are located on Gintendo here, but here at GNamer I can give it this score:

17/20

Seriously, it's good fun. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 9:24

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself Zero.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 9:28

Yeah, massively. You may get bored of me championing this game, considering it looks pretty crappy and makes no bones about its old-school nature. However, it is just a big heap'o'fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next