We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reviews, Previews and Write Ups

Go down 
+7
Admin
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Reviews, Previews and Write Ups Empty
PostSubject: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 14:28

As you might of seen in What's New (Pussycat) thread I've been talking to some game developers, publishers and PR people.

Some I've heard back from some and all have been positive especially 2K.

I've got given a code for Soul Axiom of Wales Interactive which I passed on to Jay.
I think I'm getting a code for Rune Factory 4 on 3DS.

Also I think I could get some codes for stuff Paradox have published, if anyone's interested.

So not to feel up the What's New thread, who here if I get codes or other stuff would like to take part anything we do get will have to be reviewed if a full game or impressions if something in early access like Soul Axiom is and stuff like that.

There is also the possibility of press events.

Also this is something for the long standing members of the forum.

I know from messages Jay is up for it and will be playing Soul Axiom this weekend for instance.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:01

I said as much in the PMs, but I'll chime in here too - I'm interested!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:40

Do you just want PC stuff (I think your only person to have a solid PC anyway) or would you like to dip your toes into other platforms.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:56

My job is a bit too busy for me to commit to any review schedule, unfortunately (as I really enjoy writing reviews). Aww! I see myself sticking to little reviews of games I've bought. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 16:03

That's one of the reason I've been talking to smaller publishers with indie games as most are short, that most of us could fit them in and if we do get a big game maybe a borderlands for instance then it would go to a person that wants the game anyway.

So I wouldn't rule yourself out Zero also with indies we can give them more coverage then let's a IGN and vice-versa, so I'm hoping Jay puts his impressions up. We send to Wales Interactive and then they put it on there social media pages and hopefully people read it and come here which might grow us a group.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 17:42

masofdas wrote:
Do you just want PC stuff (I think your only person to have a solid PC anyway) or would you like to dip your toes into other platforms.

Nah, fine with just PC! I've got none of the three current-gen consoles, and there's people far more suited to writing about mobile platforms than me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 18:59

Shotgun platformers! My head is full of shite for reviews.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 22:10

Hells yeh I'd be up for this! Obviously I'm not much of a PC man but I'm pretty much the forums sole XBOX guy, so if anything like that rears it's head...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 10:50

I have a review code for Frenchy Bird for Wii U, so who wants it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 9:17

Has anyone actually claimed Frenchy Bird yet? I don't want the code myself, but if you want my review... 0/10. In fact 0/12.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 10:45

Frency Bird looks a bit crêpe - how could anyone write a review based on it? I'd give it a go, but I'd need to be given a fair word count. 1000 words would be ripping the piss, but a couple of hundred could be doable at a stretch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 11:30

Drunka has claimed it, not sure how the review will go for it but hey ho.

Also just passed a code on to Zero for Midnight
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 11:55

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Frency Bird looks a bit crêpe - how could anyone write a review based on it? I'd give it a go, but I'd need to be given a fair word count. 1000 words would be ripping the piss, but a couple of hundred could be doable at a stretch.

Don't worry about any sort of word count. I don't think any of us are expecting a minimum word count or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 15:22

Yeah basically do what you want
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 12:17

I have a code for a older game which is a STEAM code

Limbo, if we (not me as I doubt my laptop can run it) do a good job might be able to get a code for Playdeads Xbox One exclusive which is coming.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 14:09

I've already got Limbo on Steam, it's not too graphically intensive if I remember rightly.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 19:20

Frenchy bird.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 20:00

"Go to your nearest garden centre, buy a handful of stones and swallow them" could be in an old NGC. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 20:21

Wow, cheers man! That's the highest praise I can imagine for something like this.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 22:06

Passed on the review and got a reply which I passed on to Drunka.

I have two codes at the moment the Limbo STEAM code and Alphadia Genesis for Wii U.

I do fancy the later myself but as I'm keeping the Rune Factory 4 code, I do feel a little bad taking AG also I'm not the best at writing reviews.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 22:34

I'm happy to take on anything, a good game is fun to play and a bad game is fun to review. That said, I won't take two in a row unless nobody else wants them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 7:42

There's something I'm working on, so it wouldn't be two in a row, Drunka. Thumbs Up! Also, props to you for an ace review. Poor, poor game... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 11:08

Drunka brings out his inner Kittsy. I really enjoyed reading that, and two specific bits made me laugh. Good stuff, Drunkster! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 19:17

Balla is next up with a review of Alphadia Genesis, now he can't moan about Wii U & lack of JRPGS.

So just Limbo for someone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 19:20

I can still moan about the 3DS and a lack of JRPGs, though! Bounce Cheers Mas. Time to fire the blighter up, I guess...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews, Previews and Write Ups   Reviews, Previews and Write Ups Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews, Previews and Write Ups
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next